Hard Candy SoundScan/Billboard 200 Discussion

thebigham

It is too bad that Virgin is closing- I think it's supposed to do so sometime early next year.

HC is likely to still be on the BB 200 this week, which will be its 20th. Let's review again the upcoming weeks:

Week Ending 9/21- Week 21

Week Ending 9/28- Week 22

Week Ending 10/5- Week 23 (tour hits USA, first show 10/4)

Week Ending 10/12- Week 24 (first full week of impact from tour hitting USA- and, 4 shows in NYC, the biggest city in the USA)

Week Ending 10/19- Week 25 (2 Boston dates; 1 Canada on 10/18)

Week Ending 10/26- Week 26 (2 in Canada, 1 Chicago on last tracking day of the week)

Week Ending 11/2- Week 27 (1 Chicago, 1 Canada, 2 Oakland)

Week Ending 11/9- Week 28 (1 San Diego, 1 Los Angeles, 1 Las Vegas)

Week Ending 11/16- Week 29 (2 Denver, 1 Houston)

Week Ending 11/23- Week 30 (1 Detroit, 1 Philadelphia, 1 Atlantic City)

Week Ending 11/30- Week 31 (1 Atlanta, 1 Miami; Thanksgiving week)

So, after this week, it will have 3 more weeks of sales before the first full week of USA-tour impact hits. If for some reason, the album managed to hold on through the USA tour, it very well could be off the chart come Thanksgiving, since that week sales pick up big- and if it's selling in a lower range, it could get knocked off the chart. But, if it managed to hang on the chart for that long, that would be decent.

148 Madonna Hard Candy 3,853 -1 3,893 640,453

DAMN! She's really holding on. The percentage drops lately have been relatively small. I hope the album can hold on until the tour hits!

Although who am I kidding? Watch it fall off anyway. :lol:

The album sold just 40 units less than it did the prior week- of course it's not a bad decline. :)

Maybe the Virgin $10 sales helped (probably not too much). While I was in the store, "Miles Away" got spun (with some dude acting as DJ, saying the album was on sale and all).

Well, small numers but still great news. I hope she holds that for a while or rises a little during her US tour and the Holidays. If she does she could reach 700k till the end of 2008.

Considering that a) there's no active single out and b) the tour hasn't hit the USA, I'll say a 2% decline is a pretty good holdup. About 30K and change away from passing AL's sales.

With this being its 21st week on the chart, that leaves two more weeks to hang on before the first full week of the tour hitting the USA impacts.

With this being its 21st week on the chart, that leaves two more weeks to hang on before the first full week of the tour hitting the USA impacts.

Oooh, it's gonna be close!

I am actually impressed the percentage drops have been so low. There is basically nothing promoting this album right now. Must be word of mouth?