Hard Candy SoundScan/Billboard 200 Discussion

thebigham

Guest missy bi_tch
is HC going to be certified gold or are they going to continue with their lazyness???

It's already certified Gold.

Guest ercos

OFFTOPIC : omg! with just 392,000 copies sold, Janets Discipline era is now over!!! with no more singles to be released from the album and cancelled Europe tour, the album is a flop!!!! :dramatic: gosh and i loved Feedback... as i presumed, this will be definitely her last album. maybe a comeback album after 5 years??? she will be 45 / 46 by then

although am not that ecstatic with Madges current sales with HC, at least whats happening to Janet isnt happening (and wont ever happen) to her. :thumbsup:

with 1 diva down, 1 dive to go... Mooriah is next. Madonna reigns 2008 - 2009

AL scanned 15,764 in its 7th week, bringing its cume to 484,224.

So, HC hasa 60,000+ lead over where AL was after the same timeframe, with its weekly sales ahead by almost 3,400.

for the true chart whores/experts lol, how likely is it that this album will surpass AL? and by how much...I know its all guessing, no one really truly knows what the end result will be, but i want serious, objective projections lol!!

Guest nothingfails0603

the Father's Day drop only furthers the sad stereotype that American men only listen to country and redneck rock music (Nickelback, Bon Jovi, Kid Rock, etc...)

Guest jamesshot
the Father's Day drop only furthers the sad stereotype that American men only listen to country and redneck rock music (Nickelback, Bon Jovi, Kid Rock, etc...)

What about the stereotype of American gays? Let's not throw stereoypes around when we live in glass music stores. ;)

What about the stereotype of American gays? Let's not throw stereoypes around when we live in glass music stores. ;)

Amen! :lol: And I am sorry but Bon Jovi is NOT redneck music...Okay maybe their new sucky stuff is, but their old stuff is classic so shove it! :lol: You bitches know when "Living on a Prayer" comes on you blast the shit out of it. Im in Jersey. I am morally obligated to do so when its on though. :p

Guest nothingfails0603
Amen! :lol: And I am sorry but Bon Jovi is NOT redneck music...Okay maybe their new sucky stuff is, but their old stuff is classic so shove it! :lol: You bitches know when "Living on a Prayer" comes on you blast the shit out of it. Im in Jersey. I am morally obligated to do so when its on though. :p

old (pre-Keep The Faith) Bon Jovi is classic, but their current stuff is totally redneck, just like Nickelback and newer Def Leppard. My ex is a huge redneck who loves his country, but he also loves his Nickelback and Bon Jovi

Guest nothingfails0603

well, the stereotype about redneck straight men only gets furthered when you look at the artists who posted the greatest gains because of Father's Day... all of whom are generally considered "hick" artists.

for the true chart whores/experts lol, how likely is it that this album will surpass AL? and by how much...I know its all guessing, no one really truly knows what the end result will be, but i want serious, objective projections lol!!

Why is that important?

HC will remain gold-and that is what matters. Her only STUDIO ALBUM that did NOT make platinum.

AL is platinum.

Whats important NOW is GI2ME gives fresh support to sales-if it does-than certaintly Platinum is attainable, if NOT....

HC will fall beyound resurrection and as a result will always be her lowest seller-EVEN IF IT OUTSELLS AL BY 100K.

RIAA=GOLD...AND THATS THAT!

Why is that important?

HC will remain gold-and that is what matters. Her only STUDIO ALBUM that did NOT make platinum.

AL is platinum.

Whats important NOW is GI2ME gives fresh support to sales-if it does-than certaintly Platinum is attainable, if NOT....

HC will fall beyound resurrection and as a result will always be her lowest seller-EVEN IF IT OUTSELLS AL BY 100K.

RIAA=GOLD...AND THATS THAT!

And Crazylipsgirl returns.

my vote goes to either Miles Away or She's Not Me or Devil Wouldn't Recognize You (so long as this has a good video).

It's funny how you always point out this as the demand for a single release for DWRY but not for any other song.

What is more important nowdays than videos, since videos doesn't have much impact anymore, it's actually radio support. Yes, people download alot but people STILL listens to radio.

And I just can't stop to point out that singles are meant to gain some more interest for the album so they should be the songs with most general appeal.

DWRY has that.

well 4 MINUTES spanned the MARCH-MAY frame, so GIVE IT 2 ME may just have a JUNE-AUGUST frame so I like me some MILES AWAY in the SEPT-NOV frame and a quick work of TBGO during the CHRISTMAS & NEW YEARs for a holiday boost in sales...