Hard Candy SoundScan/Billboard 200 Discussion

thebigham

At this point, I think they need to rush release BGO. Pay lip service to GI2M for a hot minute (since they've already come this far in preparing for it)…but quicky intermingle BGO in with it, and subtly faze the former out. By early September, BGO should be the song that's being focused on.

i think GI2M may be able to pull HC over the Platinum finish line.

but... what would REALLY help sales is if madonna can keep this album alive to the holiday season. if GI2M is a radio hit, that should get us to October. THEN... the big question comes... what should be the third single?

my vote goes to either Miles Away or She's Not Me or Devil Wouldn't Recognize You (so long as this has a good video). if any of these become a radio hit, the album could benefit from holiday sales and actually get double-platinum.

but let's try to get to platinum first. if GI2M isn't a hit, then this album is probably done. :shy:

Im glad xxxoom concurs with the fact that if Gi2me fails to ignite sales or at least stabilize for HC, then HC is doomed.

Thats not being negative or as someone called me "CRAZY". We must face the fact that comparing HC to AL sales is a MOOT POINT>

lets do our best to request and buy Gi2me. MOST IMP REQUEST IT! I really think Gi2me is a "madonna classic" and will have longevity-if its remains on the airwaves!

As far as the follow up singles-they wont do much except give the tour more strength.

If Gi2me does not deliver-HC period is over-and we can hope GH cd will benefit in the winter!

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

So am i right in assuming HC will be out of the top 50 in a couple weeks?

What number was AL at at this point of it's run?

Guest nothingfails0603
why would u want to "phase out" the best song on the album? honestly, some of you seem delusional. if GI2M isn't a hit... you can kiss any other airplay goodbye. u need to focus on the here and now. u can petition for BGO later. :hurt:

well, I do think US radio is more dance-friendly today than it was when COADF came out, but I still think GI2M is probably too dance/gay for middle America. BGO has surefire hit written all over it in the states

well, I do think US radio is more dance-friendly today than it was when COADF came out, but I still think GI2M is probably too dance/gay for middle America. BGO has surefire hit written all over it in the states

I totally agree. so unfortunate, but I def. agree all the way....:(..hope im in for a random, MAJOR shock, but I dont think thatll end up the case...

So am i right in assuming HC will be out of the top 50 in a couple weeks?

What number was AL at at this point of it's run?

90 something I think. If not totally out of the top 100.

Too gay? Yes it is but, come on, they play like crazy Katy Perry now!!!

But lesbians are hot and STRAIGHT MEN are into lesbians. Madonna is GAY MEN gay, if you know what I mean.

I really hope Madonna does a round of promotion for GI2M and HC both in the US and around Europe. HC's legs are pretty much dependent on the success of GI2M now...

Guest nothingfails0603
But lesbians are hot and STRAIGHT MEN are into lesbians. Madonna is GAY MEN gay, if you know what I mean.

exactly. People don't mind lesbians, but they hate gay men. Look at how successful Melissa and k.d. were in the 90's, but yet Scissor Sisters and Mika have never had US success outside of the dance charts. America doesn't mind it's lesbians, but they are scared by gay men.

Guest rocketman
well 4 MINUTES spanned the MARCH-MAY frame, so GIVE IT 2 ME may just have a JUNE-AUGUST frame so I like me some MILES AWAY in the SEPT-NOV frame and a quick work of TBGO during the CHRISTMAS & NEW YEARs for a holiday boost in sales...

i like that schedule.

That should be BGO and the S&S tour for Sep-Nov, followed by DWRY for Dec-Feb.

******* CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THE OFFICIAL SALES ARE WORLDWIDE FOR THE HARD CANDY FULL ALBUM ????/

thank u

I've got a bad feeling GITM will be a monumental dud in the U.S, I doubt radio will support it as much as 4 MINUTES. Sure Madonna's hard core fans love the song, but they've all bought the album already!

In retrospect, it would have been smarter to have released "Beat Goes On" as the 2nd single, because it's a better song, and the Kanye rap would guarantee airplay!

This is a fucking good album, it should be doing much better on the charts! Let's hope the tour and perhaps some more promotion boosts sales in the coming months.

Of course radio won't support GI2M like it did 4M- GI2M may end up with a fraction of 4M's airplay. After its adds week, it's possible that will be it, and airplay might be done even before it's started. But, more important things in this world to worry about.

if GI2M flops at US radio, this album is done. GI2M is the best single on the album... hands down.

If GI2M fails at radio, then I agree that it has the potential to be lethal for the album…but only because it would kill commercial interest—with radio not wanting to give any other singles a chance and WB’s probably being confused on how to bounce back from it, and giving up. Not because GI2M is the best song on the album, with the most commercial appeal. If anything, next to “Spanish Lesson,” it’s the song on the album that is -least- likely to do well and should not be properly released.

I've got a bad feeling GITM will be a monumental dud in the U.S, I doubt radio will support it as much as 4 MINUTES. Sure Madonna's hard core fans love the song, but they've all bought the album already!

In retrospect, it would have been smarter to have released "Beat Goes On" as the 2nd single, because it's a better song, and the Kanye rap would guarantee airplay!

This is a fucking good album, it should be doing much better on the charts! Let's hope the tour and perhaps some more promotion boosts sales in the coming months.

i agree with you totaly........but i think her thought process was EVERYONE WILL BUY INTO THE PHARELL THANG JUST AS WELL AS THE TIMBA/TIMBER THANG............... but i dont think its gonna hit as hard..........your absolutoey right..........KANYE woulda been a sure thing............... :bruised:

Its sad that Madonna has to rely on other artists to get into the charts.

IF 4 mins was released as a 2nd, 3rd or 4th single do you think its airplay would have been the same because of the JT factor and would the digital sales be as high?

Its a song that has appealed to many non-fans of course and although i think the song is crap by Madonna's standards and even crap by what JT has put out - his fans and other younger audience have of course probably bought it. Im guessing as a 2nd/3rd/4th single it may have only been SOME OF the Madonna fans which would nt buy it who already had the album. Would airplay still be as high as it was or would it be subject to the the fact 2nd/3rd/4th singles rarely perform as good as the 1st?

Of course radio won't support GI2M like it did 4M- GI2M may end up with a fraction of 4M's airplay. After its adds week, it's possible that will be it, and airplay might be done even before it's started. But, more important things in this world to worry about.

yeah, like what would be HARD CANDY's 3rd single... :lmao:

Down 5 places to #36 on the Billboard 200.

No sales info yet.

YAY, that's a decent drop... usually, drops in positions are bigger in those positions...

Down 5 places to #36 on the Billboard 200.

No sales info yet.

It's between 13,000 and 16,000 for sure. HDD may be pretty accurate this week.