Billboard Hot 100

60 (new) LIL WAYNE MILLIE

for Billboard 05/17/2008

USiTunes

wed 04/30 - 21+78 - Madonna - Give It 2 Me

thu 05/01 - 18+91 - Madonna - Give It 2 me

Guest socalboy1984
Is it faster than the album version?

the vocals aren't sped up if that's what you're asking. the tempo is definitely faster. it's danceable and they got rid of the "get stupid" part. i believe her vocals and the song work better with the oakenfold production. i like both but this is my preference.

definitely a recommended buy. it's my most played track in the last week, can't get enough. so glad to see it climb to #16. crossing my fingers for a top 10 and possibly a top 10 or top 20 debut on the Hot 100.

Guest iMisto

4M is my most played track on iTunes... with 110plays.... NOT inlcuding remixes/album version. :dramatic:

Guest socalboy1984
4M is my most played track on iTunes... with 110plays.... NOT inlcuding remixes/album version. :dramatic:

that's hardcore. that's how "hung up" was for me 3 years ago. it got up to the three digits for the single version released before the album. :-)

US iTunes

16 - GI2M (Oakenfold Remix) !!!

78 - GI2M (album vers)

WOW if it maintains this position until sunday we may have GI2M as a TOP40 hit immediately...

Guest iMisto
WOW if it maintains this position until sunday we may have GI2M as a TOP40 hit immediately...

Seriously?

Guest marsha

:nocomment:

so there are chances that Give it to me will chart higher than Bye Bye next week!?!?!?!?!?!?!

LOT'S OF CHANCES!!!! :D

If she will goes on tour in September she will prepare that by the time the second single is released. So I don't see any promo with the second single either. Can she be that lazy?

Well she sure like hell is proving it to us how lazy she can be or maybe she just thinks she's all that and doesn't bother with little stuff like promotion and now she's gonna get what she deserves if her album ends up flopping like American Crap did. And please guys don't come up with excuses about low album sales affecting everyone, this is true for new and upcoming artist but for stablish artists like Madonna to sell 225K to 250K(if she's lucky enough) this is truly a flop. I'm still glad she's gonna reach #1 but so did Janet and that doesn't mean that it was a succes by no means. I'm only hoping that it has legs and sells well over the long run but with no promo insight I just don't see this happening at all.

I just bought this and love it! I do wish it included the "You're only here to win, get what they say?" bit, but that's a small complaint. This is spectacular.

Sure, sales are needed later to coincide with "airplay," but the fact is, people are buying it now. And since the U.S. is most likely not going to play anything off the album (except maybe "Miles Away" or "Beat Goes On"), she may as well reap the rewards of the sales and get a Hot 100 (or possibly Top 40) hit out of the deal, even if it does drop like a stone the next week.

Guest beachboi-69

Well not necessarly true...

The fact that this may make a pretty impressive debut could spark interest in the single. Radio stations do not have to wait for an add date.

I think "Give It To Me" has good chances..... I think it's great it's selling now instead of being illegally downloaded.

Who knows Madonna and Warner Bros...... could pull a Rihanna and have two singles at once perhaps with Miles Away. Then "The Beat" later... that would make me happy as hell.

The charts don't work the way they used to.. Being #1 for one week is kinda meaningless.. if it's not gonna sell.

Anyways I would love to see "GI2M" debut nicely.. is there any chance of a Hot Shot Debut?

Kudos

Edited by beachboi-69

Guest ercos
i don't know why some of you think GI2M will flop. it's probably the best song on the album. it may actually chart better than 4M. :D

i doubt if radio will support GI2M but hu knows. well just have to wait and see. as for sales, sales will be high for sure but it has to sell lots (280k+++ with low AI) in order to reach higher than 4Minutes...

i don't know why some of you think GI2M will flop. it's probably the best song on the album. it may actually chart better than 4M. :D

Offcourse it's a good song and will probably be a hit internationally...

but we're just not so sure if US radio will support it... and without their support it might flop in the states...

we as Madonna fans will have a very difficult task ahead of us to help this song as much we can to make it popular in the US!

US iTunes

6 (=) 4 Minutes (album vers)

15 (-4) - 4 Minutes (single vers)

20 (-4) - GI2M (Oakenfold Remix) !!!

80 (-13) - The Beat Goes On

GI2M peaked at #16 on US iTunes ? :nocomment:

all it needs is to hold on until sunday midnight... i'd love another TOP40 hit

Billboard 05/10/2008

Hot Digital Songs

25 (new) LIL WAYNE MILLIE 32 693

Hot 100

60 (new) LIL WAYNE MILLIE

Billboard 05/17/2008

Hot Digital Songs

21 (new) MADONNA GIVE IT 2 ME 37654 999 0 37654

101 (new) MADONNA BEAT GOES ON 11348 999 0 11348

180 (new) MADONNA CANDY SHOP 7578 999 0 7578

Hot 100

???

Guest Pud Whacker

Madonna is ALL OVER the new Soundscan digital singles chart released today! Check out the amazing numbers!

4 MINUTES comes in at # 3, selling an additional 150,000 downloads this week

GIVE IT 2 ME comes in at # 21, selling around 37,000 downloads

CANDY SHOP & BEAT GOES ON also were on the Top 200 Downloads chart ....

* NOTE * The impressive sales for GIVE IT 2 ME will help it debut on tonight's BILLBOARD HOT 100, BUT it will likely drop off until the actual single/radio release in late June .... But GIVE IT 2 ME WILL debut on tonight's HOT 100, which is GREAT news!!

-jpasc24