8/2 charts:

Pop 100 - 41*-84-off-off-off-off-off-95*-95-90*-85*-64*

Pop 100 Airplay - 74*-72*-67*

Hot Dance Club Play - 28*-15*-7*-2*

Hot Dance Airplay - 11*-7*-1*-2-5-6

Hot Dance Single Sales - 2*

Hot Singles Sales - 4*

Guest Mansave75

If GI2M doesn't re-enter on this week's Billboard Hot 100 propably it won't back never on that chat, because its airplay already peaked and all in is in hands of its digital & physical sales.

:confused:

Guys, I think it's time to move on and support this song... they played it twice in less than 2 hrs!

This radio has always supported Madonna and has 4 minutes in their Top 10...

800-245-1035

http://ktu.com/pages/info/request.html

http://ktu.com/pages/info/contact.html

They are also playing it at HOT 97.5 at night (a hip-hop station!)

800-223-9797

75759 text

hot97@hot97.com

This song has lots of potential! even though I love GITM :/

Guys, I think it's time to move on and support this song... they played it twice in less than 2 hrs!

This radio has always supported Madonna and has 4 minutes in their Top 10...

800-245-1035

http://ktu.com/pages/info/request.html

http://ktu.com/pages/info/contact.html

They are also playing it at HOT 97.5 at night (a hip-hop station!)

800-223-9797

75759 text

hot97@hot97.com

This song has lots of potential! even though I love GITM :/

What song did 103.5 play? Beat Goes On?

thnx madonna

thnx

heres another song to add to your wall of flops

i betcha ya, in the front lobby at Warners, they have a hall dedicated just for her flops

I really haven't paid much attention to GI2M's BB chart runs (or lack thereof it seems), but a song this good deserves to do better. I guess this is what happens when there isn't any promotion etc. Oh well, there might as well be another single release to see if it does anything.

Per Billboard (I sent an e-mail), GI2M had less than 2 million audience for this week's charts- it was very close to appearing on the Hot 100. Leona Lewis' track (which had similar sales) had 9 million+ audience- and the area of 75-100 is so cmpetitive, that that much of a discrepancy is enough to separate tracks by nearly 30 positions.

Guest demitri
i betcha ya, in the front lobby at Warners, they have a hall dedicated just for her flops

LOL. What, a Hall of Tragedy? Might go something like this

Bad Girl

Bedtime Stories

Human Nature

I Want You (brutally killed before its release that never happened)

Love Dont Live Here Anymore

Nothing Really Matters

Beautiful Stranger (possible no 1 material if it was released in the states)

American Pie (possible top 10 material if it was released in the states)

American Life

Hollywood

Nothing Fails (what a waste)

Love Profusion

Sorry

Get Together

Bad Girl

Bedtime Stories

Human Nature

Nothing Really Matters

American Life

Hollywood

Love Profusion

Sorry

Get Together

I would hardly call "Beautiful Stranger" a flop. It charted at #19 on the Hot 100 strictly on Airplay points alone. It reached #11 on the Airplay chart. :thumbsup:

"Jump" was left off that list, as well. :) Let's not forget the early ones like 'Everybody" and "Burning Up/Physical Attraction." :)

And, it's "Bedtime Story"- but even M named it wrong in the RIT book.

I highly doubt they expected BStory to do much of anything, even though it followed "Take a Bow."

Guest Danny86
I highly doubt they expected BStory to do much of anything, even though it followed "Take a Bow."

I think Madonna thought she could get away with it after a string of successful singles. The same when she thought "American Life" would be a hit.

Of course she could have scored 2 more top 20/40 hits with Bedtime Stories instead of releasing the title track...

Yeha, but BStory was soooooo out there in terms of top 40 fare- she couldn't have expected a big chart hit. And then HN also was a risky release. Billboard's Fred Bronson even commented on how she pushed the envelope by releasing those back-to-back non-radio-friendly singles.

NRM was the biggest shocker in terms of flops- it was the most mainstream track on ROL. Granted, had the single release coincided with its airplay peak, itwould have reached around No. 60 on the Hot 100- but, regardless, much lower than its should have, based on its commercial prospects. Then again, it wasn't as exciting as a lot of other classic-Madonna-sounding tracks.

Guest Danny86
Yeha, but BStory was soooooo out there in terms of top 40 fare- she couldn't have expected a big chart hit. And then HN also was a risky release. Billboard's Fred Bronson even commented on how she pushed the envelope by releasing those back-to-back non-radio-friendly singles.

Yes you're probably right, but maybe both Madonna & Warner expected "Bedtime Story" to do a bit more, I mean at least spending more than 1 week on Hot 100 Airplay. :lol: They put a lot of money into a video, so maybe they relied on that making the single a minor hit.

As for "Human Nature", if "Bedtime Story" wasn't released just before, I think it could have done quite well. Its sound really fit the "TLC-sound" of 1995. But yeah, after "BS", it was really a risky choice as well.

Bad Girl

Bedtime Stories

Human Nature

Nothing Really Matters

American Life

Hollywood

Love Profusion

Sorry

Get Together

You forgot Into The Groove- did not chart! :thumbsup: FLOP

Madonna was channeling T-Boz in HN, always said that. :)

BStory was fortunate to get even a week on Hot 100 Airplay (probably had around 7m-8m audience at that peak). Hell, that's like 4x the peak of GI2M!