"Give It 2 Me" on the Billboard charts

sniper

* NOTE * The impressive sales for GIVE IT 2 ME will help it debut on tonight's BILLBOARD HOT 100, BUT it will likely drop off until the actual single/radio release in late June ....

As if that's going to make a difference in America :lmao:

like what?

radio will barely play it in the states so...

I just hope they will at least give it a chance. It's such a great pure POP song that would be great for summer. I'm not counting on it being huge or anything though. The 37,000 who bought it this week are probably the gays that are boycotting her "urban" album but have read enough reviews to know it's the most "Ibiza" sounding song on the album so they just downloaded that track only....I'm sure a fresh CLUB mix from Paul Oakenfold helped the cause too. :demonic:

j/k

I just hope they will at least give it a chance. It's such a great pure POP song that would be great for summer. I'm not counting on it being huge or anything though. The 37,000 who bought it this week are probably the gays that are boycotting her "urban" album but have read enough reviews to know it's the most "Ibiza" sounding song on the album so they just downloaded that track only....I'm sure a fresh CLUB mix from Paul Oakenfold helped the cause too. :demonic:

j/k

I hope they'll give the song a chance too but I doubt they will...

we just have to get ready for it so we won't get disappointed... US radio is one big shit-hole...

I mean Lollipop?? Touch My Body?? do I need to say more? :scared::dramatic:

I hope they'll give the song a chance too but I doubt they will...

we just have to get ready for it so we won't get disappointed... US radio is one big shit-hole...

I mean Lollipop?? Touch My Body?? do I need to say more? :scared::dramatic:

It's true Zezwer. It's great to see her doing so well with 4M but as has been pointed out several times before, radio support for this song doesn't really fit the "demand" based on it's phenomenal sales.....that's all I'll say about that though in this thread. :nocomment:

Guest Pud Whacker

oh, btw, i heard a great 4 minutes mix and give it 2 me last night at a club - it was loud and fantastic!!!!

oh, btw, i heard a great 4 minutes mix and give it 2 me last night at a club - it was loud and fantastic!!!!

I'm dying to hear these songs in a club, I haven't even heard 4M yet at a club (According to my friends they are playing it....I just haven't been clubbing lately). I'm going to request Incredible when I go...I hope they will play it! :dramatic:

hell yeah! these tracks are gonna tear it up at the clubs

BTW, has long has it been since she placed simultaneous multiple entries on the HOT 100? ::been so long:: :dramatic:

Nope but you guys are right this shouldn't be the second single! What a load of crap the song is hot everyone loves it that i've played it for...Madonna fans are always WRONG WHERE HITS ARE CONCERNED. I don't care if only pop stations give this song a chance(in the US) it deserves to be released period and with downloads it will be a hit. Why wouldn't you want a great Madonna track with urgency and attitude released? No other song of hers in her last 3 albums have had this energy and hutspa!

Guest americana madonna

its 2 bad madonna doesn't release the song right this moment. if she did, i'm sure it would jump right into the top ten instantly. madonna and warner drag out the singles to often. i think its about time gi2m is released.

its 2 bad madonna doesn't release the song right this moment. if she did, i'm sure it would jump right into the top ten instantly. madonna and warner drag out the singles to often. i think its about time gi2m is released.

completely agree - they take forever and then the album loses momentum and the singles stall...

uhm... don't ever expect GI2M to rise next week ok? have some sanity...

it's obvious that it's just the initial demand and it's not even the one that will be sent to radios

Guest beachboi-69

reception of Give It To Me... is great

Everyone I have played it for or sent it to has instantly ... been positive about it after one listen.

This single is not a mistake to release... regardless of radio... It would be a complete mistake not to realease it.

It's over the top.. good... freakin fun.. and perfect for summer.. not to mention the remix is amazing. This track screams remixes! It easily remixed so thats another bonus.. Super summer smash!.. Even if it ends up be more of a club anthem..

I am rather dissapointed that alot of people think it will fail.. nice attitude

I would be devastated if Madonna recorded "Bye Bye" and released it... now that is what you call a terrible single choice.

Edited by beachboi-69

Madonna is ALL OVER the new Soundscan digital singles chart released today! Check out the amazing numbers!

4 MINUTES comes in at # 3, selling an additional 150,000 downloads this week

GIVE IT 2 ME comes in at # 21, selling around 37,000 downloads

CANDY SHOP & BEAT GOES ON also were on the Top 200 Downloads chart ....

* NOTE * The impressive sales for GIVE IT 2 ME will help it debut on tonight's BILLBOARD HOT 100, BUT it will likely drop off until the actual single/radio release in late June .... But GIVE IT 2 ME WILL debut on tonight's HOT 100, which is GREAT news!!

-jpasc24

:thumbsup: So cool, Give It 2 Me is one of her BEST songs in years, it's got ALL the right elements in it. I especially love the "buzzing-electro" sound in it after the chorus, my favorite part aside from her vocals.