The Official UK Charts Thread

Guest Hafo

The single is holding up brilliantly and at least the album is steady in the top 10 - although a steady top 5 would be better.

Well at least it is still top ten. I remember BS and Erotica falling fairly quickly after the initial sales although they did pick up nice sales in the lead up to Christmas. It would be good if HC could reeach 300k by the end of June.

Guest tir69

Top 5 sales:

Singles

1 Ting Tings 11.7k

2 Rihanna 11.2k

3 Madonna 6.8k

4 Will I Am 6.6k

5 Sam Sparro 5.7k

Albums

1 Ting Tings 15k

2 Neil Diamond 9.7k

3 Duffy 8.7k

4 Scooter 6.7k

5 Pendulum 5.4k

Guest Hafo

I would have considered Rihanna a surefire #1 with the physical release! Go Ting Tings! :D

Hard Candy is not doing well. I wonder if it even did 25K last week at this rate...

Sales for HC are down 40% versus last week :dramatic:

Well I think we can say the album is in FREEFALL. It might be nice if she took a day off the gym

and did some promotion.

I would have considered Rihanna a surefire #1 with the physical release! Go Ting Tings! :D

Hard Candy is not doing well. I wonder if it even did 25K last week at this rate...

Yes, good that Ting Tings keeping her at bay. The days of physical sales making a significant difference are long gone now.

Yes, good that Ting Tings keeping her at bay. The days of physical sales making a significant difference are long gone now.

Guest Hafo

Year-to-Date Charts 2008

Singles

1 1 Duffy - Mercy

2 2 Basshunter feat. DJ Mental Theos - Now You're Gone

3 3 Nickelback - Rockstar

4 4 Estelle feat. Kanye West - American Boy

5 6 Madonna feat. Justin Timberlake - 4 Minutes

Albums

1 1 Duffy - Rockferry

2 2 Nickelback - All The Right Reasons

3 3 Leona Lewis - Spirit

4 4 Scouting For Girls - Scouting For Girls

5 5 Amy Winehouse - Back To Black - The Deluxe Edition

6 6 Adele - 19

7 7 Mika - Life In Cartoon Motion

8 8 Amy Macdonald - This Is The Life

9 9 Michael Buble - Call Me Irresponsible - Special Edition

10 10 Robert Plant & Alison Krauss - Raising Sand

11 11 Take That - Beautiful World

12 12 Rihanna - Good Girl Gone Bad

13 13 Mark Ronson - Version

14 14 Michael Jackson - Thriller: 25th Anniversary Edition

15 15 Jack Johnson - Sleep Through The Static

16 16 Newton Faulkner - Hand Built By Robots

17 17 The Hoosiers - The Trick To Life

18 18 One Republic - Dreaming Out Loud

19 19 Radiohead - In Rainbows

20 N Madonna - Hard Candy

Last week's #19 (Radiohead) sold 160,000 and #20 (Back to Black) sold 147.000. HC has leaped over Amy; assuming la Winehouse sold 1K this week, HC would have sold over 148.000 to date, which means at least 24K last week.

Well at least it is still top ten. I remember BS and Erotica falling fairly quickly after the initial sales although they did pick up nice sales in the lead up to Christmas. It would be good if HC could reeach 300k by the end of June.

BUT EROTICA SPENT 4 WEEKS AT NO. 2. IT WAS HUGE!!!

BUT EROTICA SPENT 4 WEEKS AT NO. 2. IT WAS HUGE!!!

mmmm. Huge! Well it went double platinum, which wasn't huge. At this rate it well outsell HC though.

I love Erotica x

So is 4 minutes going to be one of the biggest hits of her career?? And HC is doing real shit. Let's compare it to COADF she promoted the shit out of it on everything from the emas, parkinson, children in need etc.. Whereas this time round she has performed at some shitty chav "festival" in kent and erm...that's it? Well sorry but she deserves shit sales. Good day.

So is 4 minutes going to be one of the biggest hits of her career?? And HC is doing real shit. Let's compare it to COADF she promoted the shit out of it on everything from the emas, parkinson, children in need etc.. Whereas this time round she has performed at some shitty chav "festival" in kent and erm...that's it? Well sorry but she deserves shit sales. Good day.

:thumbsup:

Guest Danny86

Boring. The promo of COADF lasted only during the album release week, it gave her higher debut sales, but that's all. People should stop acting like Madonna promoted COADF throughout a year when in fact she "gave up" the album after the release week, went to Japan for some shows, appeared on Grammies and went on tour.

Boring. The promo of COADF lasted only during the album release week, it gave her higher debut sales, but that's all. People should stop acting like Madonna promoted COADF throughout a year when in fact she "gave up" the album after the release week, went to Japan for some shows, appeared on Grammies and went on tour.

The difference between the promo for COADF and HC is that COADF people actually knew

she had a album out. She did major promo for about a month. I mean she was EVERYWHERE.

With HC its like she can't be arsed. She has sat back and thought the album would sell

on its own.

Wednesday Top 40 update from MW

Singles

1 Rihanna

2 Ting Tings

3 Madonna

4 Will I Am

5 Sam Sparro

Top 10

Duffy

Top 15

Nelly

Top 20

Sara Bareilles

Gabriella Cilmi

Top 30

Taio Cruz

Ashlee Simpson

Alphabeat - Ten Thousand Nights

Royworld

Fratellis

Top 40

Fall Out Boy

Zutons

Gusto

"Kristen"

Lil Wayne

Snap

Albums

1 Ting Tings

2 Neil Diamond

3 Duffy

4 Scooter

5 Pendulum

Top 10

Beth Rowley

Cistercian Monks

Top 15

Neil Diamond - Best Of

Hucknall

Osmonds

Top 20

Vampire Weekend

Top 30

Raconteurs

OneRepublic

Foxboro Hot Tubs

Top 40

Sparks

Girls Aloud

Pendulum - HYC

No sales info yet

Guest Hafo

Single seems to be holding well, although I have a hunch Will.I.Am may overtake it. Still Top 5 though!

What's with this Neil Diamond revival.

4 Minutes will almost certainly be her longest run in the top 10, to date, next week - could even spend three months in the top 10. :wow:

Problem is, radio won't pick up on GI2M while 4M is still going strong which might mean a delayed release of the second single which would be fine, if the first single was actually selling the album.

Album Midweeks:

Albums

1 The Ting Tings 23502 sales

2 Neil Diamond 15050

3 Duffy 13219

4 Scooter

5 Pendulum

6 Beth Rowley

7 Madonna :scared:

8 Cistercian Monks

11 Neil Diamond - Best Of

14 Hucknall

15 The Osmonds

18 Vampire Weekend

21 The Raconteurs

26 OneRepublic

27 Foxboro Hot Tubs

31 Sparks

35 Girls Aloud

49 Britney Spears

51 Scarlet Johansson (DIE, SKANK!)

53 John Williams - Indiana Jones...(OST)

60 Taio Cruz

61 Thea Gilmore

75 Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

I absolutely LOATHE that song.

Me too. I hate Well.I.Suck.

Guest Hafo

YE Charts - Estimate from Haven

5 Madonna 4 minutes 273220 ----- it's at #170 in the whole 00's chart!

20 Hard Candy - Madonna 151,000

She might jump to #18 on album next week unless something really bad happens.

A bit of a trivia: Which was the best selling Madonna single of the 90's? Answer right after this break, sponsored by Sugus.