The Official UK Charts Thread

Guest Hafo

Guest Hafo

Brisy, actually it's the less tough competition in months, album sales are very low. As someone mentioned before in this thread, if there was an album that could have been #1 for at least 3 weeks, it was Hard Candy.

But then again, in perspective, it could have fall off the Top 10 like Portishead or Sam Sparro, so not all is lost.

Really, the GI2M video should debut this week.

When will it debut? Has a date been set?

this may actually end up being her BIGGEST hit ever in the UK LOL. in terms of most weeks in the top ten. So odd. This is like her UK version of Take A Bow. #1/Top 10 most than any other M song, yet one of her most 4gettable songs. Not one of her worst, just wont be considered one of her biggest "iconic" songs. No way. Still GOOD for her!! As for MC=and her KFC quality of an album lmao! No shock there obviously!

Guest SuperPop
The album spends it's third week inside TOP 5... on a though competition scenary!

yeah Jay Sean and Pendulum are tough competition...or should I mention Scooter who beat HC in its second weak?...:lmao::lmao:

WHO are Jay Sean, Pendulum and Scooter and WHY are they selling more than Madonna?

Oh I just realised that 3 nobodies are outselling her.

Guest SuperPop
this may actually end up being her BIGGEST hit ever in the UK LOL. in terms of most weeks in the top ten. So odd. This is like her UK version of Take A Bow. #1/Top 10 most than any other M song, yet one of her most 4gettable songs. Not one of her worst, just wont be considered one of her biggest "iconic" songs. No way. Still GOOD for her!! As for MC=and her KFC quality of an album lmao! No shock there obviously!

all of her forthcoming first singles will hopefully enjoy a long run in the top10...that's due to the digital era...all of her previous first singles charted when physical prevailed and it was very difficult for a song to stay too long in the top 10..now it is very common for a song to stay many weeks in the top10...and the sales of 4M are not as impressive as previous Madonna long chart toppers (e.g. Hung Up, Vogue)

I don't know. All I know is it should start being serviced like NOW.

The album isn't really flopping... why it's so urgent to release the video?

I noticed the album in Tesco for £9.97 with a note by it saying it was £10.99 in HMV so it's not exactly giving casuals the incentive to buy it - it should be retailing at £8.97 in the supermarkets and less than a tenner in music retailers.

Guest tir69

From Haven forum

In Uk ( singles chart )last week Madonna sold :

4 Minutes - 28021 copies

Give it to me - 2322 copies ( only download , seven weeks before physical release )

Guest Hafo

Total sales of 4M to date: 273.220.

Album at #6 sold 13K and album at #4 sold 31K, so HC could be anywhere in between ... I am saying 25K based on Friday's numbers. That'd be roughly 150.000 in 3 weeks.

Guest Hafo

4M remains at #3 in airplay

1 VIOLET HILL COLDPLAY

2 WARWICK AVENUE DUFFY

3 4 MINUTES MADONNA

4 BLACK & GOLD SPARRO, SAM

5 LOVE SONG BAREILLES, SARA

''Four is the magic number: after four weeks at number one, Madonna and Justin Timberlake’s 4 Minutes dips to number three (28,021 sales). It’s the fourth consecutive number one to spend four or more weeks at the summit, the first sequence of this kind since 1972/73, when Chuck Berry’s Ding-A-Ling, Little Jimmy Osmond’s Long Haired Lover From Liverpool, The Sweet’s Blockbuster and Slade’s Cum On Feel The Noize did likewise. While 4 Minutes fades, a second track from Madonna’s Hard Candy album – Give It 2 Me – climbs 93-60 on sales of 2,322 downloads, seven weeks ahead of its physical release.''

btw if anyone is struggling to find HC limited edtion, play.com have it in stock x

We were wanting more but both album and single are doing very well in UK...

After all "4 Minutes" equals "Into The Groove" and "Vogue" as her longest stay at #01 in UK :D

yeah Jay Sean and Pendulum are tough competition...or should I mention Scooter who beat HC in its second weak?...:lmao::lmao:

Well... they may be forgettable... but SCOOTER is charting singles and albuns in Europe for more than 12 years... and it's actually HUGE in Germany and BIG in UK. I can't remember which song he released at the same time of Madonna more or less 7/8 years ago... but it was also huge, then at the single charts I think... just search his chart statistics and you'll get surprised ;)

Aparently is one of the most sucessful German acts with 20 TOP 10 Hits in Germany (also 18 TOP 10 Hits in Finland)... and they started in 1994!

I just did the research for Scooter singles and albums. It's the first time for them at #01... not wonderfull statistics but not bad statistics either... I thought they had been more sucessful though... after all they were probably more sucessful in Portugal and now they are not anymore :shock:

Scooter UK Singles History:

#23 Scooter Move Your Ass (EP) - Oct 1995

#18 Scooter Back In The UK - Feb 1996

#33 Scooter Rebel Yell - May 1996

#33 Scooter I'm Raving - Oct 1996

#02 Scooter The Logical Song - Jun 2002

#04 Scooter Nessaja - Sep 2002

#15 Scooter Posse (I Need You On The Floor) - Dec 2002

#12 Scooter Weekend - Apr 2003

#16 Scooter The Night - Jul 2003

#16 Scooter vs Acardipane & Rules Maria (I Like It Loud) - Oct 2003

Scooter Albums History in UK:

... And The Beat Goes On! #130 - 1995

Our Happy Hardcore #24 - 1996

Wicked! #76 - 1997

Push the Beat For This Jam - The Singles #06 - Aug 2002

Stadium Techno Experience - #20 - Apr 2003

Jumping All Over The World (including a bonus CD featuring ALL Scooter Greatest Hits) - #01 - May 2008

Not sure if their other albums were even released or if just the singles... they were mainly singles and club act.

More Info on other countries at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scooter_(band)

Tuesday Top 40 update from MW

Singles

1 Ting Tings

2 Rihanna

3 Madonna

4 Will I Am

5 Sam Sparro

Top 10

Estelle

Duffy

Top 15

Nelly

Sara Bareilles

Top 20

Chris Brown

Scouting For Girls

Ne-Yo

Top 30

Alphabeat - Fascination

Taio Cruz

Nickelback

Ashlee Simpson

Royworld

Fall Out Boy

Gusto

Top 40

Kristen

Fratellis

Snap - Rhythm Is A Dancer

Zutons

Lil' Wayne

Albums

1 Ting Tings

2 Neil Diamond

3 Duffy

4 Scooter

5 Pendulum

Top 10

Beth Rowley

Cistercian Monks

Top 15

Neil Diamond - Best Of

Hucknall

Top 20

Raconteurs

Top 30

Vampire Weekend

Foxboro Hot Tubs

Sparks

Top 40

Osmonds

Girls Aloud

Pendulum - HYC

Bon Iver

Apparently HC is at #7

No sales info yet

Guest tir69
Aparently is one of the most sucessful German acts with 20 TOP 10 Hits in Germany (also 18 TOP 10 Hits in Finland)... and they started in 1994!

I just did the research for Scooter singles and albums. It's the first time for them at #01... not wonderfull statistics but not bad statistics either... I thought they had been more sucessful though... after all they were probably more sucessful in Portugal and now they are not anymore :shock:

Scooter UK Singles History:

#23 Scooter Move Your Ass (EP) - Oct 1995

#18 Scooter Back In The UK - Feb 1996

#33 Scooter Rebel Yell - May 1996

#33 Scooter I'm Raving - Oct 1996

#02 Scooter The Logical Song - Jun 2002

#04 Scooter Nessaja - Sep 2002

#15 Scooter Posse (I Need You On The Floor) - Dec 2002

#12 Scooter Weekend - Apr 2003

#16 Scooter The Night - Jul 2003

#16 Scooter vs Acardipane & Rules Maria (I Like It Loud) - Oct 2003

Scooter Albums History in UK:

... And The Beat Goes On! #130 - 1995

Our Happy Hardcore #24 - 1996

Wicked! #76 - 1997

Push the Beat For This Jam - The Singles #06 - Aug 2002

Stadium Techno Experience - #20 - Apr 2003

Jumping All Over The World (including a bonus CD featuring ALL Scooter Greatest Hits) - #01 - May 2008

Not sure if their other albums were even released or if just the singles... they were mainly singles and club act.

More Info on other countries at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scooter_(band)

There's no UK chart for Scooter first single Hyper Hyper that was a great success all around Europe?

The single is holding up brilliantly and at least the album is steady in the top 10 - although a steady top 5 would be better.

A bit of advertising would help.. When does GI2M go to radio?