The Official UK Charts Thread

Guest Hafo

Guest traherne

You'd think Madonna would promote the hell out of this album to justify her Live Nation deal, but apparently not. And if she doesn't care, why should we? I bought the album because I wanted it, not because I wanted to add to Madonna's first-week sales. Madonna and Warner are the ones who will benefit or not from album sales, so let them worry about promotion.

Since 95% of her remixes these days are garbage, I'm officially done spending money on this project. She might see my money again when she tours. Maybe.

if she wouldve gotten around 100k at least lol/ 6 digits #s, say a 60% drop or so. it woulda been somewhat less embarrasing and respectable. this isnt good for a decent album :( * and worst of all, she may below Mimi, which the Lambs and the fugly whale Perez are gonna verbally slaughter her over this ! :(

Guest socalboy1984
THE FLOP FANS with SOME FLOP BRAINS you see they just DON'T GET IT.

YOU see IT'S REALLY HARD for they to think...JUST IGNORE THEM

You see they don't seem to understand that the album's sales R dropping because it had HUGE SALES IN ITS FIRST WEEK if we consider that albums don't really sell nowadays as they use to.

They don't seem to understand or DON"T WANNA that MADONNA/ THE BIGGEST SELLING FEMALE RECORDING ARTIST OF ALL TIME

HAS SOLD BY NOW

OVER 2 OOO OOO SINGLES UNITS WORLDWIDE FROM HER NEW ALBUM amd IT'S THE WORLD'S NR 1 SONG FOR 4 WEEKS ACOORDING TO THE UNITED WOORLD CHART

AND ALSO OVER 1 000 000 COPIES WW OF HER BRILLIANT NEW ALBUM HARD CANDY in just 2 WEEKS which is amazing

YEAH BABY 1 000 000 COPIES IN JUST 2 WEEKS

THEY SEEM TO BRING THEIR OWN BS IN THEIR LIFE AND THROW IT ON MADONNA WITH THE EXCUSE THAT THEY R ARE FANS

WHINNING ALL DAY ETC

THE FLOP FANS with SOME FLOP BRAINS BETTER SWITCH IDOL

GO AND LISTEN TO OTHER CUNTS IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT

BLOW ME

you don't need to chill (contrary to what the post below you says). you've got a great point. i'm not a fan because of her sales numbers. who cares? i love the album. watching her success is a bonus. :)

thanks for your contribution.

You'd think Madonna would promote the hell out of this album to justify her Live Nation deal, but apparently not. And if she doesn't care, why should we? I bought the album because I wanted it, not because I wanted to add to Madonna's first-week sales. Madonna and Warner are the ones who will benefit or not from album sales, so let them worry about promotion.

Since 95% of her remixes these days are garbage, I'm officially done spending money on this project. She might see my money again when she tours. Maybe.

Very true!

It's sad that us fans are up in arms about a multi-millionaire singer not selling enough albums - she dosen't care so it's very sad that we do.

I'm not even going to buy a ticket for the concert - Wembley Stadium (what a shit venue) - no thanks Madge I don't want to see you as a speck on the horizon.

I dont think I could bear to hear her sing off key, play the rock version of HU and tell everyone what "it sounds like in her brain

while she is waiting" while strumming her guitar again. Miles Away and Music were good though.

I SWITCHED OFF before it started.

Guest Hafo
you don't need to chill (contrary to what the post below you says). you've got a great point. i'm not a fan because of her sales numbers. who cares? i love the album. watching her success is a bonus. :)

thanks for your contribution.

Eh, this is a CHARTS forum, specifically a thread about UK charts. I think we care about her sale numbers just a little bit. Jeez.

Oh I GIVE UP :confused:

I'm amazed how some people are saying that they won't be going to her concert cause of all this selling of the album thing going on. basically they can't enjoy her music if it doesn't sell :nocomment:

Edited by howie

Guest patrickovy

With sales info:

Sales info:

1. Ting Tings 14.6k

2. Rihanna 13.4k

3. Madonna 11.5

4. Will I Am 9.8k

5. Wiley 9.5k

Albums

1. Neil Diamond 16.8k

2. Pendulum 15k

3. Scooter 12k

4. Madonna 10.2k

5. Duffy 10.1k (only 23 copies behind Madonna)

I really don't know why Warner's aren't advertising this on TV. Madonna has had the number 1 UK song for 4 weeks and buzz about Give it to me is generally positive. When COADF was out advertising and TV appearences were BIG - we need this now.

I'm hoping that the album gets TV advertising once give it to me is officially released and that Madonna will appear on johnathan Ross to promote both album and tour.

Maybe we are panicking too much about early sales? I mean in the UK Pink went on to sell 1 million of I'm not dead and Nelly Furtardo close to a million with Loose after many singles were released. This album will be like these - once she tours and more singles are out it will gain new buyers.

Lets all try to stay positive and think long term :thumbsup:

I'm amazed how some people are saying that they won't be going to her concert cause of all this selling of the album thing going on. basically they can't enjoy her music if it doesn't sell :nocomment:

yes, it´s quite stupid. Anyway, I can´t see myself going to the conceret, because my Icon membership is f*cking me!!! :americanlife:

With sales info:

Sales info:

1. Ting Tings 14.6k

2. Rihanna 13.4k

3. Madonna 11.5

4. Will I Am 9.8k

5. Wiley 9.5k

Albums

1. Neil Diamond 16.8k

2. Pendulum 15k

3. Scooter 12k

4. Madonna 10.2k

5. Duffy 10.1k (only 23 copies behind Madonna)

Low sales again. 25k is looking likely.

I watched the Radio 1 set on Iplayer last night. Great dancing and choreography but the vocals were pretty poor. What has happened to her voice? Even when she is stood still she misses most of the notes.

She mimed most of GITM, thankfully, as she was really moving to this track so was out of breath. In fact GITM has really grown on me. Hope it does well when it is released.

Guest patrickovy

from Haven:

Thursday update

Singles

1 Ting Tings

2 Rihanna

3 Madonna

4 Will I Am

5 Wiley

Albums

1 Neil Diamond

2 Pendulum

3 Scooter

4 Duffy

5 Madonna

In albums Duffy is now ahead of Madonna :/

Edited by patrickovy

Guest Hafo

Only hope is that Pendulum fells down over the weekend, but that's unlikely. Hopefully sales will be released soon to give us an idea of the DEBACLE.

Guest tir69

from haven forum , midweek update

Top 5 sales

Singles

1 Ting Tings 20.2k

2 Rihanna 18.5k

3 Madonna 14.9k

4 Will I Am 12.8k

5 Wiley 12.4k

Albums

1 Neil Diamond 22.3k

2 Pendulum 19.3k

3 Scooter 16.1k

4 Duffy 14.1k

5 Madonna 13.8k

Ting Tings increase their lead. not heard it yet but I bet it is crap.

4M looks safe at three. Glad it won't be her longest running number 1 so far as Vogue and Into The Groove are masterpieces.

HC sales are half decent. Anyone know the sales for the number 6 album?

Duffy's album is being advertised every morning during GMTV. Has HC even been advertised on TV in the UK - I've not seen anything but some of the Kylie loons are claiming it's never off the box.

I haven't seen one advert for HC. Those sales are appalling. HC will be lucky to shift 500,000

at this rate. Tomorrow will be an interesting day, I wonder if she will sell out Wembley Stadium?

There are rumours she is adding a date in Manchester...

There are rumours she is adding a date in Manchester...

Surely she's gonna add the Saturday at Wembley.

I'm swithering about going to Wembley/Amsterdam but if she's doing Manchester I'll go there as well or instead of Amsterdam.

This drip feeding of dates really pisses me off.

Guest SuperPop
Surely she's gonna add the Saturday at Wembley.

I hope so...if they add it, will it be tmw or the following days?