The Official UK Charts Thread

Guest Hafo

They've pushed the physical back a week in the UK - what a JOKE. Coldplay already have two singles from their album and Warners are sticking to the same outdated formula from the old days.

What do they hope to achieve by pushing the physical back by a week?

The digital single still hasn't been released. The version charting is the album one.

Would it jump over 4M by tomorrow?

itunesmz4.png

Give it 2 me up to 18 on UK itunes :vanitybonet:

That's great! Hopefully it can be in the top 20 come Sunday. Is this based on only 1 version at i-tunes only?

Hopefully, HC can start moving back up the chart. It so desperately needs to pass 300k in sales! How sad that a Madonna album has only sold 200k in the UK after 2 months! :shock:

Guest Danny86
How sad that a Madonna album has only sold 200k in the UK after 2 months! :shock:

Didn't the same happen with Bedtime Stories? And it was released at the end of the year, so sales should have been way higher. Not to mention it didn't even manage to spawn a UK hit...

Didn't the same happen with Bedtime Stories? And it was released at the end of the year, so sales should have been way higher. Not to mention it didn't even manage to spawn a UK hit...

Not really. It did well initially and the bulk of its sales came from the holiday period. If I remember correctly, it was already certified platinum after a month. Anyway, "Bedtime Stories" spawned 4 top 10 hits, 2 of which went top 5.

Guest Danny86
Not really. It did well initially and the bulk of its sales came from the holiday period. If I remember correctly, it was already certified platinum after a month. Anyway, "Bedtime Stories" spawned 4 top 10 hits, 2 of which went top 5.

But none of them went Top 3. "Secret" is her lowest peaking lead-off single.

What are the total sales of Bedtime Stories? I thought it's between 300k and 400k?

But none of them went Top 3. "Secret" is her lowest peaking lead-off single.

What are the total sales of Bedtime Stories? I thought it's between 300k and 400k?

I believe it's around 500k. I think it did about 400k over the holiday period.

Guest Danny86
I believe it's around 500k. I think it did about 400k over the holiday period.

OK thanks! :thumbsup:

Well then it's safe to say that if Bedtime Stories was released in the spring, it would have done the same as Hard Candy. Like Hard Candy would have done 400k already, if it was released in the fall, or a bit more. ;)

OK thanks! :thumbsup:

Well then it's safe to say that if Bedtime Stories was released in the spring, it would have done the same as Hard Candy. Like Hard Candy would have done 400k already, if it was released in the fall, or a bit more. ;)

But compare it to ROL, which was released around the same time, where the album had sold about 300k in just 2 weeks.