The Official UK Charts Thread

Guest Hafo

yep , in the UKmix there are some MJ fans that calling Hc flop in Uk , I'm the only one who defends Madonna. They are sad for MJ and want the same for Madonna fans.

F...

If someone is a flop nowdays it's the pedophile... they're just bitter

Music Week:

Madonna smiles again:

Hard Candy giving Madonna sweet success

11:07 | Tuesday April 29, 2008

By Paul Williams

Madonna is course to become only the third act in the history of the UK albums chart to achieve 10 number one as Hard Candy heads to number one this coming Sunday.

Her final Warner studio set is presently outselling its closest challenger, Island act Portishead’s appropriately-titled Third album, by more than 50%, while her 4 Minutes collaboration with Justin Timberlake looks a strong bet to spend a third week at the top of the singles chart.

If, as expected, Hard Candy does make number one it will be her 10th such chart-topper, although that calculation does include the 1996 Evita soundtrack, which featured other artists other than Madonna. The Beatles with 15 number ones currently head the all-time list, while Elvis Presley has 11 number ones. Several of her previous chart-toppers, including 1990’s The Immaculate Collection and 2005’s Confessions On A Dance Floor, will themselves figure in this Sunday’s chart. The Immaculate Collection is on target to climb from its current position of 72 into the Top 20, while the 2005 album is likely to re-enter in or around the Top 20.

Portishead look a strong bet to enter at number two with what is their first new studio album in more than 10 years, while fellow Island act Sam Sparro’s self-titled debut is also aiming for a top five entry. It is presently a couple of thousand sales off of Domino act Last Shadow Puppets’ The Age Of The Understatement which entered at one last Sunday but will lose its crown this coming weekend.

Lower down, new entries are expected from Sanctuary/Universal’s The Fall and XL’s Cajun Dance Party, while also set to chart are best ofs from The Platters (UMTV) and Rick Astley (Sony BMG).

On the singles chart Island act Sam Sparro’s Black & Gold and the Asylum-issued Wearing My Rolex by Wiley are Madonna’s closest challengers for number one, while notable chart climbs this Sunday will come from acts including Warner Bros’ Pendulum, RCA’s The Script, 2Point9’s Jay Sean and Vertigo/Mercury’s One Night Only.

Source: MW

If, as expected, Hard Candy does make number one it will be her 10th such chart-topper, although that calculation does include the 1996 Evita soundtrack, which featured other artists other than Madonna.

Well the exact same thing can be said of Hard Candy. :chuckle:

Anyways - this means that all her studio albums have hit number 1 this decade.

Kylie isn't even Top 40 with IMA and it's released next week as a physical!

Over at togerland they are already saying; "But it's the third single from a big selling album." :lol:

I think this will be her first single to miss the Top 10 in ten years and end her run of consecutive top 10 singles which stands at 15 I think.

A bit more album midweek info:

Top 50

Crystal Castles

Rick Astley

Top 60

Tindersticks

Madonna - Music

Bob Marley - Legend

Top 70

Jamie Liddel

Madonna - Ray Of Light

Top 75

Roots

Kylie isn't even Top 40 with IMA and it's released next week as a physical!

Over at togerland they are already saying; "But it's the third single from a big selling album." :lol:

I think this will be her first single to miss the Top 10 in ten years and end her run of consecutive top 10 singles which stands at 15 I think.

Some of the LOONS over at Togerland are complaining about the Tesco offer..

and one more thing. if you go in tesco it clearly states it is a FREE madonna album, not a discounted one that you just so happen get for free. so it SHOULDN'T be charting as even tesco are advertising it as a free gift

I but its being advertised as a free gift. if somebody in the industry wanted to complain about it, then they surely have a point? its a bit like the prince and musicology free giveaway at his shows

Madonna is cheating!

Her albums should be ineligible for the charts.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Oh dear they are about to commit mass suicide as Madonna has FIVE albums in the Top 75 and In My Arms has climbed to 48 with physical release just ONE week away.

Oh dear they are about to commit mass suicide as Madonna has FIVE albums in the Top 75 and In My Arms has climbed to 48 with physical release just ONE week away.

What is Togerland?

Poor things. In My Arse is going to FLOP bigtime. Nothing can save X.

I-tunes finally updated, well at least a bit:

4 minutes still number #2, Give it 2 me #91 and Hard Candy #1 and #3 x

Madonna is 4fkinever the real QUEEN of the UK!!!! As for Kylie :( at IMA floppin like its appearing too!! I actually like that song (one of the VERY few) too bad... ok over it hehe *YES* for Madge!!!!!!!!

I-tunes finally updated, well at least a bit:

4 minutes still number #2, Give it 2 me #91 and Hard Candy #1 and #3 x

YES, and Wiley's digital lead has been reduced...

I am confident MADONNA will have a 3rd week at #1 and even a 4th one is possible next week when she promotes there

Guest patrickovy

from Haven - Wednesday update

Wednesday Top 40 update from MW

Singles

1 Madonna

2 Wiley

3 Sam Sparro

4 Usher

5 Estelle

Top 10

Pendulum

Top 15

Script

Top 20

Adele

Gabriella Cilmi

Jay Sean

Top 30

Nelly

Robyn

One Night Only

Hoosiers

Top 40

Ashlee Simpson

Duffy

Ben's Brother

Albums

1 Madonna

2 Portishead

3 Last Shadow Puppets

4 Sam Sparro

5 Duffy

Top 10

Gabriella Cilmi

Top 15

Hoosiers

Top 20

Britney Spears

Fall

Platters

Top 30

Robyn

Rick Astley

Madonna - IC

Top 40

Amy Winehouse - Frank

Kanye West

Cajun Dance Party

One Night Only

Strange how TIC and COADF have fallen so quickly. Maybe people rushed to buy from Tesco yesterday?

Think she will hold on this week in the singles as her lead last week was pretty big.

Guest powerofgoodbye

Madonna UK Itunes chart today... 2 4 minutes charted, should be safe for no.1??

2. 4 Minutes - Madonna

67. 4 Minutes (feat. Justin Timberlake & Timbaland) - Madonna

70. Give It 2 Me (Paul Oakenfold Edit) - Madonna

More midweeks info (as usual from Haven)!

Singles

1 Madonna 16.6k

2 Wiley 12.5k - 11 copies ahead

3 Sam Sparro 12.5k

4 Usher 10k

5 Estelle 9.6k

Albums

1 Madonna 48.6k

2 Portishead 27.1k

3 Last Shadow Puppets 12.9k

4 Sam Sparro 10.6k

5 Duffy 10.2k