Hard Candy around the worldwide charts

Guest Hafo

Thought it'd be easier to split the worldwide chart info in separate threads for single and album :)

For info about 4 Minutes, here's the link.

Mods, feel free to re-merge threads if you think this approach is not OK.

Some initial info (as of Friday):

Album has been released officially in Ireland and I think Netherlands, and apparently in France and Australia as well.

Posted on UKMix:

Hard Candy is already gold in Finland!

It says on the article that it's close to platinum, so it should be something around 15,000

http://viihde.mtv3.fi/uutiset/musiikki.shtml/639237?madonna

And it apparently also shipped Platinum in France.

Madonna - Confessions on a Dancefloor (46/2005)

First week sales and certifications

USA 350 600

UK 217 600

France 145 000

Germany 120 000

Italy 105 000

Spain 84 000

Canada 74 000

Japan 53 000

mediatraffic.de: +1 233 000

on its first week sales became Platinum in:

France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Sweden and Russia :dramatic:

on its first week sales became Gold in:

UK, Canada, Netherlands, Denmark, Belgium, Greece, Sitzerland, Finland, Austria, Australia, New Zealand, Portugal, Norway, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore

How can HC sell as much as COAD in the first week when it's not released simultaneously everywhere?

Mediabase would know when each chart is compiled/issued and would ensure that it uses the same chart week for its chart (i.e. the debut week for HC will be compiled using the chart on which HC first appears in each country). In Ireland, new product is released on Fridays and I think the chart is issued on Fridays as well, so next Friday's chart will be the debut week for HC in Ireland. In Australia, new releases hit the stores on Saturdays and our chart comes out on Sunday (new releases have a full week of sales in their debut week on the charts, unlike in the UK, where they only have 6 days in the stores before they chart).

How can HC sell as much as COAD in the first week when it's not released simultaneously everywhere?

COAD and any other album is released the same way. It is just a few days earlier in some countries, but it is still the same chart week.

from UKMIX

NIKKI (Hits Daily Double of Japan) predicts that Hard Candy will debut at #1 in Japan selling 75,000 copies first week.

Is it a good news :dramatic:

well for starters, it's more than COADF's opening numbers...

and it's not even holiday season, unlike COADF's November release when sales are huge :thumbsup:

As a side note: I just found out that Mana is releasing their new album on the same date as HC. Clever move, Warners, if that's the case! No way HC can outsell Mana in the Latin American territories.

HARD CANDY is #1 in France with only 2 days of sales.

The number of copies sold is going to be released today.

France loves Madonna :vanitybonet:

Edited by danny1999

The Confessions Tour re-enters the Mexican charts at #84. It's spent 55 weeks on the Top 100 now.

:clap:

France loves Madonna :vanitybonet:

well, the whole world does 'cept for New Zealand LOL and to a smaller degree Ireland and of course the US lol. Yet, New Zealand really needs to get over what ever issues they have w/ M in preventing her from having #1 singles and albums LOL!!

Just checked I-tunes around the WORLD

she's pretty much #1 with HARD CANDY

but here's the kicker

she's #1 and either #2 or #3

at the SAME TIME!!!!!

why is australia still showing it as a pre-order???

and why is Portugal not having it at #1 but behind Portishead?

I'm so happy for her.

MADONNA is #1 with Hard Candy on I-tunes in CANADA!!! (DELUXE VERSION)

and also #2 with HARD CANDY.......

THAT's CRAZY!!!!

CANADA is just MAD for MADONNA.... 4 versions of 4 minutes in their OVER-ALL TOP100

and there's 2 MILES AWAY charting, from the deluxe and standard

iTunesCanada01.jpg

As a side note: I just found out that Mana is releasing their new album on the same date as HC. Clever move, Warners, if that's the case! No way HC can outsell Mana in the Latin American territories.

no ones listen to mana anymore here, at least not in mexico, they are huge in spain, but here? they are long gone and became a joke....hopefully they dont pull a mariah

no ones listen to mana anymore here, at least not in mexico, they are huge in spain, but here? they are long gone and became a joke....hopefully they dont pull a mariah

Didn't their last album just go 2x platinum in Mexico? :confused:

Guest HardRiley

US iTunes Top Songs

#5 4 Minutes

#13 4 Minutes

#41 Give It To Me (Oakenfold Edit)

#85 Beat Goes On

#88 Give It To Me