US Chart Talk: 5/03/08 Charts

thebigham

Guest harbors
^^And yet she it will still outsell HC most likely. I think HC will struggle to sell 300k first week.

475K is a good number, so good for her.

The album will drop like a rock next week just like Touch My Burger, which has been OUTSOLD by 4 minutes.

Guest iMisto

Eek... I'm VERY happy to see Whoriah couldn't crack 500k let alone 600k, but still! 475k is gunna be extremely tough for Madonna to top, if she can!

Maybe she has secret promo up her sleeve? If "Hung Up" propelled COADF to 350k, I sure hope 4M can do at LEAST that. I'm still confident HC will get into the 400k... But 475k looks a bit too much.

Guest CashMoney

LOL at all of you trying to rain on MC's parade.

475k is gunna be extremely tough for Madonna to top, if she can!

Exactly. And she most likely won't.

Maybe she has secret promo up her sleeve?

Well she better!!!

So far is just the promo gig and the morning show...

she freaking needs to do Oprah and others

I was so sad that they denied the rumour about her going to Tyra... but not surprised... seems like every GOOD promo rumour is denied so far... they denied American Idol and now Tyra...

stupid lazy idiots!!! :tongue:

Woah. :shock: Only 475k for Mariah? Even though that's still a very big opening, I'm sure both she and IDJ records must be very disappointed with that number considering the huge success of TMB and all the promotion she did (Oprah, AI), which led to predictions close to 600k.

Guest harbors
LOL at all of you trying to rain on MC's parade.

Didnt Touch My Burger drop like a rock? E=MC2 will have the same fate. The single is selling POORLY compared to 4 minutes.

Guest iMisto

What happened to Madonna being the smartest/hardest working woman in the industry? Does the 'business woman' inside her not realize you need people to KNOW about your product in order for them to buy it! Fuck! Maybe she doesn't care now that she makes a gazillion dollars on touring!

I like ladies with ambition, and this ones lacking.... :nocomment:

Oh my god! I'm going to hell...

Guest harbors
What happened to Madonna being the smartest/hardest working woman in the industry? Does the 'business woman' inside her not realize you need people to KNOW about your product in order for them to buy it! Fuck! Maybe she doesn't care now that she makes a gazillion dollars on touring!

I like ladies with ambition, and this ones lacking.... :nocomment:

Oh my god! I'm going to hell...

If you're worried that much, you should email Liz on MadonnaNation's behaf.

Liz Rosenberg

(212) 707-3256

liz.rosenberg@wbr.com

^^And yet she it will still outsell HC most likely. I think HC will struggle to sell 300k first week.

LAMB!!!!

Guest jamesshot
I was at Best Buy this past Saturday and saw this guy buying that bought 10 copies of the album. The clerk asked him why he was buying so many copies and he said "It's a long story". Personally, I was amazed.

I would have been embarrassed. A guy, buying Mariah? Buying 10 copies? Lambs are sad creatures.

LMAO!!! IF YOU EVER SSEE SOMEONE ACT THAT WAY JUST MAKE SOME LAMB SHEEP NOISES BAAAHAHHAA!! LONG STORY MY AZZZ!

I was at Best Buy this past Saturday and saw this guy buying that bought 10 copies of the album. The clerk asked him why he was buying so many copies and he said "It's a long story". Personally, I was amazed.

Long story: If I don't do this, MARIAH WILL KILL HERSELF.

Guest Bad Robot

You guys are criticizing people for buying multiple copies of Mariah's album?

But haven't you all been shouting BUY BUY BUY telling people to buy multiple copies of 4 Minutes? And to barrage radio stations you never listen to with requests? Hypocrisy much?

I wish everybody would just buy something only if they want it, and request at a local station if they want to hear it, and then otherwise just lay off.

Guest jamesshot

But haven't you all been shouting BUY BUY BUY telling people to buy multiple copies of 4 Minutes? And to barrage radio stations you never listen to with requests? Hypocrisy much?

I wish everybody would just buy something only if they want it, and request at a local station if they want to hear it, and then otherwise just lay off.

Umm I haven't. Requesting is one thing though. Buying 10 copies is on a whole nutha level. The thing is BR, this is the lambs M.O. I think some Madonna fans feel like fighting fire with fire.

Guest Bad Robot

I just can't fathom why anyone cares. The Mariah v. Madonna crap seems like such an utter waste of time and energy.

I just can't fathom why anyone cares. The Mariah v. Madonna crap seems like such an utter waste of time and energy.

I guess its natural among divas fans....people just have fun making fun of the others, i find myself laughing to a lot of these comments. But i guess it becomes creepy when people invest too much time.

Guest jamesshot

It can be harmless fun. Its like a sport. Some would say posting on message boards is a waste of time and energy. One mans waste of time is anothers fun.

Besides, Madonna has been a punching bag for sooooo long it is only natural her fans lash back when given a chance. :)

Guest marsha

:thumbsup:

It can be harmless fun. Its like a sport. Some would say posting on message boards is a waste of time and energy. One mans waste of time is anothers fun.

But you and some others here take it to another level. It's rather worrying.

Besides, Madonna has been a punching bag for sooooo long it is only natural her fans lash back when given a chance. :)

Well said :thumbsup: