US Chart Talk: 5/03/08 Charts

thebigham

is there any real chance madonna will top 464k? :doofus:

According to 99% of the people here. No. BUT I AM HOLDING OUT HOPE!!!

(Bitch needs to start promo though. GET ON IT!)

HITS:

SIMPLY SIMPSON: Ashlee Simpson, or should we say Mrs. Pete Wentz, will be the highest-charted debut next week with her new Geffen album, Bittersweet World, on track for between 50-55k in sales, a figure that could go higher consider she’ll be on the hit ABC show, Dancing with the Stars tonight.

Those wacky, Grammy-winning Kiwis The Flight of the Conchords make their full-length debut on Sub Pop through ADA, which could do around 30-40k, fueled by its current #1 status at iTunes. Rhymesayers/ADA’s Minneapolis art hip-hop duo Atmosphere will chart with approximately 30k, followed by Universal South’s country music legend Phil Vassar (25k) and Epitaph/ADA’s emo-punks Story of the Year (20k).

The market was up 2% vs. last week, down 8% vs. same week last year and now down 11% year-to-date, with all the upward mobility of a wife in a polygamy cult in Texas. (4/23p)

Only 463k for Mariah, which is lower than the 475k that HITS was predicting and short of the 500-600k from earlier predictions. I'm sure IDJ and Mariah were expecting way more than the 463k, especially with all that promotion she did.

Guest Bad Robot

HOT 100 - TOP 50

2 1 LIL WAYNE LOLLIPOP

1 2 LEWIS*LEONA BLEEDING LOVE - SINGLE

3 3 JORDIN SPARKS DUET NO AIR

4 4 USHER FEATURING YOU LOVE IN THIS CLUB

5 5 CAREY*MARIAH TOUCH MY BODY

7 6 MADONNA 4 MINUTES

6 7 RAY J FEAT. YUNG BERG SEXY CAN I

9 8 SARA BAREILLES LOVE SONG

8 9 CHRIS BROWN WITH YOU

11 10 MILEY CYRUS SEE YOU AGAIN

10 11 FLO RIDA LOW/JEALOUS

35 12 JOHN MAYER SAY

12 13 RIHANNA DON'T STOP THE MUSIC (JODY DEN

20 14 DANITY KANE DAMAGED

13 15 ONEREPUBLIC STOP AND STARE

25 16 NATASHA BEDINGFIELD POCKETFUL OF SUNSHINE

21 17 ROSS*RICK BOSS

14 18 TIMBALAND/ONEREPUBLIC APOLOGIZE - SINGLE

17 19 WEBBIE, LIL' PHAT & INDEPENDENT

19 20 BUCKCHERRY SORRY

15 21 KEYS*ALICIA NO ONE

16 22 FIASCO*LUPE SUPERSTAR

-- 23 MARIAH CAREY BYE BYE

22 24 TRACE ADKINS YOU'RE GONNA MISS THIS

23 25 FLO RIDA FEATURING ELEVATOR

24 26 DAUGHTRY FEELS LIKE TONIGHT

26 27 2 PISTOLS FEATURING SHE GOT IT

28 28 TAYLOR SWIFT OUR SONG

36 29 TAYLOR SWIFT PICTURE TO BURN

30 30 JAMES OTTO JUST GOT STARTED LOVIN' YOU

33 31 COLBY O'DONIS FEATU WHAT YOU GOT

38 32 PLIES FEATURING NE- BUST IT BABY (PART 2)

34 33 GEORGE STRAIT I SAW GOD TODAY

42 34 COLBIE CAILLAT REALIZE

39 35 LIFEHOUSE WHATEVER IT TAKES

37 36 CAILLAT*COLBIE BUBBLY - SINGLE

31 37 FINGER ELEVEN PARALYZER

29 38 TAYLOR SWIFT TEARDROPS ON MY GUITAR

40 39 CHERISH KILLA FEAT. YUNG JOC

81 40 NELLY FEATURING FER PARTY PEOPLE

54 41 BRAD PAISLEY I'M STILL A GUY

32 42 JORDIN SPARKS TATTOO

18 43 DAUGHTRY WHAT ABOUT NOW

53 44 ASHANTI THE WAY THAT I LOVE YOU

41 45 ALICIA KEYS LIKE YOU'LL NEVER SEE ME AGAIN

46 46 BRITNEY SPEARS BREAK THE ICE

44 47 SEAN KINGSTON TAKE YOU THERE

61 48 3 DOORS DOWN IT'S NOT MY TIME

48 49 J. HOLIDAY SUFFOCATE

49 50 KEYSHIA COLE I REMEMBER

INTERESTING MOVES & DEBUTS

74 55 METRO STATION SHAKE IT

67 56 GAVIN DEGRAW IN LOVE WITH A GIRL

75 65 CARRIE UNDERWOOD LAST NAME

97 79 RIHANNA TAKE A BOW

-- 92 MARIAH CAREY FEATUR MIGRATE

-- 93 JASON MRAZ I'M YOURS

27 94 CARRIE UNDERWOOD PRAYING FOR TIME

-- 95 NE-YO CLOSER

-- 97 SEETHER RISE ABOVE THIS

-- 98 ESTELLE AMERICAN BOY

-- 99 CHRIS BROWN TAKE YOU DOWN

-- 100 DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE I WILL POSSESS YOUR HEART

BUBBLING UNDER

24 2 JESSE MCCARTNEY LEAVIN'

-- 16 DUFFY MERCY

R&B 100

1 1 USHER FEATURING YOU LOVE IN THIS CLUB

2 2 CAREY*MARIAH TOUCH MY BODY

3 3 LIL WAYNE LOLLIPOP

5 4 RAY J FEAT. YUNG BERG SEXY CAN I

4 5 KEYSHIA COLE I REMEMBER

8 6 ASHANTI THE WAY THAT I LOVE YOU

12 8 JORDIN SPARKS DUET NO AIR

33 25 CHRIS BROWN TAKE YOU DOWN

61 38 KEYSHIA COLE HEAVEN SENT

60 43 ALICIA KEYS TEENAGE LOVE AFFAIR

66 59 NE-YO CLOSER

84 68 NELLY FEATURING FER PARTY PEOPLE

86 71 JANET LUV

-- 92 MARIAH CAREY BYE BYE

-- 95 MARIAH CAREY FEATUR MIGRATE

Guest marsha

yes, yes, yes, Skin69, she really really needs to start promo. and please, nobody to tell us something about drama. we got the point. I'm buying se-pa-ra-te-ly, as adviced here, the remixes (and it takes more time), so I want the bitch to give sense to that. queen of suspens!

oh and regarding Mimis #23 debut, here we fkin go again with a 3 min FART of single hittin #1. Hot fkin damn what "is" the insane fascination Americans have with this chick and her music LOL???

oh and regarding Mimis #23 debut, here we fkin go again with a 3 min FART of single hittin #1. Hot fkin damn what "is" the insane fascination Americans have with this chick and her music LOL???

It will most likely fall, as there's little radio play and sales are slipping. They were hoping for an instant #1 after she sang it on AI and Oprah but that didn't happen.

Guest Bad Robot

Anyone who thought Bye Bye would be an instant #1 (or even instant top ten) was clueless.

And anyone who thinks that 463k is "disappointing" -- Mariah's best opening ever and the highest opening of the year -- is also crazy. The album and single have done extremely well. It is telling that the single sales fell so quickly, so I wouldn't be surprised if this album lacks longevity.

Amazing that when Madonna had #2 sales and #41 airplay she was #3 on the Hot 100, but with #1 sales and #16 airplay, she's only #6.

Yeap that's true. Also, if you would've made a survey 5 weeks ago asking Madonna fans if she would be #1 on Itunes for this long and outsell Mariah's TMB 99.9% would've said HELL NO and now look how things have turned out. I still believe that anything is possible at this point. There are a lot of people that are interested in Madonna's music here in the US and not just her fans. I still hope that she can beat her own personal record of 420K, not sure about beating Mariah but I think she has a good chance. What I care the most is that she gets another #1 album and sells really good on the long run, hopefully over 3 million once every is said and done regardless of how much Mariah sells.

Um, of course not. Some of you need to get real.

M is not gonna outsell Mimi in the U.S.

LOL....talk about getting real. So has Janet sold over a million copies yet here in the US? :lmao:

Guest fighting_spirit
It will most likely fall, as there's little radio play and sales are slipping. They were hoping for an instant #1 after she sang it on AI and Oprah but that didn't happen.

That's because the official radio add was yesterday, it'll start picking up real fast now with radio's support and soon she'll get her 19th #1, she'll make sure she breaks the Beatles' record this year while she's still hot, she knows that any second now the US will grow tired of her and may never get the chance to accomplish her sacred mission.

if you would've made a survey 5 weeks ago asking Madonna fans if she would be #1 on Itunes for this long and outsell Mariah's TMB 99.9% would've said HELL NO and now look how things have turned out.

Good point.

I wouldn't count on it, at least not given how sales have been so far.

I can see why "Touch my panocha" was number 1, an easy, typical, silly mariah song, but Bye, Bye is pure Shit. there are way better songs in that album, Side Effects for example....i can see a potetial good video as well,...., why cant she just realease something different for once?

Guest socalboy1984

why you sipping on haterade? madonna's success is independent of mariah's. in fact, they promote each other in a way. "bye bye" will be a huge hit by the way. and so will "give it to me". madonna's just waiting on a good hand to play. chill....

Guest marsha
why you sipping on haterade? madonna's success is independent of mariah's. in fact, they promote each other in a way. "bye bye" will be a huge hit by the way. and so will "give it to me". madonna's just waiting on a good hand to play. chill....

She Who Must Not Be Named did promo. she gets on my nerves but she deserves her success. sure, Madonna's success is independent of You Know Who. So if she could do promo (not a bad time for that), so we could focus on her.

Guest socalboy1984

nah, madonna's promo schedule is just fine. she's got a few tricks up her sleeve for later. just watch. don't want to bring out all your tricks first week of release. this album will sell like Ray of Light, over a long period of time generating very memorable hits. let 4M do its thing without burning it out like crazy.

E=MC2 flopped in Canada as well

around 19K on its first week

that's what American Life did

COADF first week sales in Canada are over 70K :dramatic:

Why are music tastes so different between USA & Canada?

Guest socalboy1984
Why are music tastes so different between USA & Canada?

canadians are more evolved and can appreciate a true artist. they're also more loyal.