4 Minutes/Hard Candy at US iTunes (part 2)

Guest Bad Robot

Guest Bad Robot

The other post got a bit long, plus the sales week just ended in the US. Digital sales numbers for week 3 will be out Wednesday!

Guest Madlover033003
The other post got a bit long, plus the sales week just ended in the US. Digital sales numbers for week 3 will be out Wednesday!

:dramatic: *anticipates*

Leona is starting to close in on Madonna. Hopefully Madge can fend her off all week.

tough task, she was promoting last week, then her album will be released this week...

but I am really amazed by 4 Minutes strong showing in downloads...

who would've thought she'll outlast MC in just a week... and she even beats current up and coming artist like LEONA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

popularity bars for SUNDAY US

iTunesUS14.jpg

iTunesUS15.jpg

iTunesUS16.jpg

iTunesUS17.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LEONA is surging ahead... it's not that 4M is declining, the other songs aren't gaining in length, it's just that BLEEDING LOVE is gaining fast...

oh please let MADONNA eke out a week at #1... :(

Vow at bloody Leona, she may go number one again as both airplay and sales are increasing fast.

but this would be for next week righ. Sales period ended yesterday?

I don't think M will sell 280.000 I think just above 200.000 is more realistic. She didn't have any promo besides airplay. She will have a better chance when remixes are out, the maxisingle, the video...it will be interesting and we'll see. I think the album will open bigger then COADF which was more European oriented.

I don't think M will sell 280.000 I think just above 200.000 is more realistic. She didn't have any promo besides airplay. She will have a better chance when remixes are out, the maxisingle, the video...it will be interesting and we'll see. I think the album will open bigger then COADF which was more European oriented.

Two weeks ago Leona's downloads were 186.928 and last week she seems to be stronger in popularity and in airplay. So probably she is around 220k. This would mean Madge is around 260-280k :drool:

Remixes and maxi-single dont mean a shit and the video is out.

Ask Billboard at Billboard.com:

'4 MINUTES' OF FAME

Hi Keith,

Madonna's new video "4 Minutes" made its world premiere April 3 on iTunes, amidst lots of hype at the online digital store. This begs the question: do music video sales at iTunes (or any other digital retailer) count toward the charts, specifically the Hot 100?

At first, I didn't think so, but then I realized that video streams, along with their audio counterpart, count toward the Hot 100. Furthermore, video/DVD singles count toward the chart, so why not music video sales at digital sites?

On the flip side, though, music video airplay (on TV networks) does not count toward the Hot 100. So, I'd appreciate it if you could clear this one up for the avid chart fans out there. Thanks.

Jim Radenhausen

Stroudsburg, Penn.

Hi Jim,

Silvio Pietrolungo, who manages the Billboard Hot 100, responds:

"It has been discussed. At the moment, since iTunes is the sole digital retailer (or at the very least the primary vendor) of video downloads, they have been reluctant to provide us that information since it would reveal sales numbers for only their company. And the feeling was mutual on our end as we do not utilize any data streams which come solely from one retailer."

So, hopefully that clears it up for you Jim! Now, if only other retailers started selling video downloads, then maybe music video clip sales could be factored into the Hot 100.

Remixes and maxi-single dont mean a shit and the video is out.

Remixes and maxi-single = more sales. Even if the maxi only sells 10k and the remixes 15k between them all, that's 25k in additional sales. Would you want to throw away 25k sales, especially when a #1 single is at stake? Remember, TUTBMP got to #1 by just 3 chart points....THREE! That's the difference between a dozen people choosing to buy one single over another, or a small radio station spinning one track over another just one more time (OK, so I'm guessing here, but you get the point!). Every sale counts :thumbsup:

This popularity bar is for 24h of downloads

for sure

since sunday 12PM till monday 12PM

Mariah was #1 last monday and tuesday.

So difference between TMB and 4M on weekly chart of downloads will be 3/4 (TMB = 75% of 4M, not 65% like it looks on last bar)

my predictions

280K for 4M

210K (75%) for TMB

my predictions

280K for 4M

210K (75%) for TMB

Factor in downloads from other outlets and streaming and if this prediction is correct, we have ourselves on fuckin close battle for #1.

No. Madonna should be at #2 or #1 on Billboard this week.

yeah... it's either #1 or #2 for MADONNA on wednesday... *much excite*

as for this coming week, if the MARIAH appearance on IDOL GIVES BACK don't slow down the TMB freefall, MADONNA's competition will be only LEONA and possibly USHER, he also debuts his video this week... a minor sales uptick from USHER and he's back in #1...

Guest Bad Robot

It's 99% certain 4M will be #1 on Digital Songs.

Where will it be on the Hot 100? I'm not as optimistic for #1 as some are here but I'm not entirely unbelieving. Usher/Mariah/Madonna/Leona are all in a tight race I think.

Guest iMisto
It's 99% certain 4M will be #1 on Digital Songs.

Where will it be on the Hot 100? I'm not as optimistic for #1 as some are here but I'm not entirely unbelieving. Usher/Mariah/Madonna/Leona are all in a tight race I think.

Ughhh... I can't help but tell myself she'll be number 1 this week. I just can't help it. If I tell myself otherwise... I'll cry.

Guest Bad Robot

We need to have group therapy here.

Watching the charts is a lot more fun when you don't get so emotionally invested in it!

I'm happy to see her do well but frankly everything is icing on the cake at this point. :)

Its more than exceeded my expectations so i wont be weeping into my custom made handkerchiefs with YOU CAN DANCE motif on them JUST YET