4 Minutes USA Airplay: Mediabase (part 2)

Camacho

Lets face it none of us are really experts, some of us know a lot because we follow trends and stats but we are not experts. Can she get to number one, sure but everyone will have their own opinion based on hopes and forecasts.

I think the right way to put it is that none of us can really predict if the sales & AIs will go high enough within the next couple of weeks to get her at No 1. The Billboard rules are simple and we all can be chart experts. But the market changes pretty often and there is not enough statistical evidence to support an accurate prediction.

My guess is that most likely will not go to No 1 but it has a chance.

Botoxic's update:

April 20, 2008

Total Spins: 8487

1 at Adult Alt

30 at AC

1 at Active Rock

20 at Alternative

680 at Hot AC

6090 at Pop

1290 at Rhythmic

232 at Rhythmic AC

96 at Latin

47 at Urban

Total Impressions: 51.825 million

0.004 at Adult Alt

0.652 at AC

0.004 at Active Rock

0.070 at Alternative

3.155 at Hot AC

37.989 at Pop

6.625 at Rhythmic

2.101 at Rhythmic AC

1.094 at Latin

0.131 at Urban

NuStations Yesterday:

KWOD Sacramento (Alt)

WMYX Milwaukee (HAC)

WXBT Columbia, SC (U)

KZXY Victor Valley (HAC)

Shade 45 Sirius (U)

Hung Up - Day 35

Thu Nov 17 - 682 spins, 4.136 million impressions

After 35 days of airplay, 5396 spins, 29.466 million impressions

(-5 spins, +0.165 million impressions)

4 Minutes - Day 35

Sun Apr 20 - 1261 spins, 8.34 million impressions (244 stations)

After 35 days of airplay, 8487 spins, 51.825 million impressions

(+164 spins, +1.27 million impressions)

Info courtesy of bks:

Madonna continues to show signs of a big move...

With 2 days left, here's how some key songs are shaping up on Hot 100 Airplay:

No. 1 - Usher (+3.6 million)

No. 2 - Mariah (+1.0 million)

No. 3 - Jordin (+7.4 million)

No. 4 - Ray J (+4.0 million)

No. 5 - Lil Wayne (+12.5 million)

No. 6 - Leona (+11.0 million)

No. 16 - Madonna (+5.0 million)

No. 26 - Danity Kane (+6.0 million)

No. 144 - Mariah (+3.6 million)

And here's how the Streaming chart ended up for the week:

No. 1 - Mariah

No. 2 - Leona

No. 3 - Madonna

No. 4 - Usher

No. 5 - Jordan

No. 6 - Lil Wayne

No. 10 - Ray J

No. 12 - Nelly/Fergie

On the R&B 100, Usher contines to lead at No. No. 1 with Mariah at 2 and Jordin at 8. Usher & Mariah are very close and Mariah's gain is 2.2 million to Usher's 660,000...still a close battle.

250k-260k the week of album release...

That much??? In that case, I think fans should just forget about #1. I can't imagine it selling 250 K. I'm thinking more like numbers similar to the first week (217 K) at the very most. :thumbsdown:

hmmm... this must be the current airplay pts:

No. 1 - Usher (+3.6 million) = 142M-143M

No. 2 - Mariah (+1.0 million) = 126M

No. 3 - Jordin (+7.4 million) = 122M

No. 4 - Ray J (+4.0 million) = 121M

No. 5 - Lil Wayne (+12.5 million) = ???

No. 6 - Leona (+11.0 million) = ???

No. 16 - Madonna (+5.0 million) = 45M

well, at least 4M will be back at #1 in the Digital Downloads chart by Wednesday..

we may see Bye Bye debut around the 12-18 region in the HOT100 with approx 90k in sales...

Guest Bad Robot
hmmm... this must be the current airplay pts:

No. 1 - Usher (+3.6 million) = 142M-143M

No. 2 - Mariah (+1.0 million) = 126M

No. 3 - Jordin (+7.4 million) = 122M

No. 4 - Ray J (+4.0 million) = 121M

No. 5 - Lil Wayne (+12.5 million) = ???

No. 6 - Leona (+11.0 million) = ???

No. 16 - Madonna (+5.0 million) = 45M

well, at least 4M will be back at #1 in the Digital Downloads chart by Wednesday..

we may see Bye Bye debut around the 12-18 region in the HOT100 with approx 90k in sales...

Oh I doubt Bye Bye will debut that high... I'd be shocked if it broke the top 20. I'm gonna guess... #28.

Guest boytoyville

New Playlist updates today.

4 minues at Z100 #3

4 minutes at KISS in LA #10!

The only other one I pay attention to is KDWB in Minneapolis and unfotunatly it dropped from #16 to #23 on their playlist this week but oh well doing really well at the two biggest pop stations!

Oh I doubt Bye Bye will debut that high... I'd be shocked if it broke the top 20. I'm gonna guess... #28.

well if she hits download sales of 80k, #28 would be a fair guess

did u just say billboard changes ?

u r truly stupid

that chart is a fraud esp if a white have to put a blk on there song to get a hit in america

run along idiot

not sure why they tolerate you and your racist comments on this board ...

Guest harbors
Vanity might be rude, but her comments are not racist, i truly believe that's the reality with music industry

she's not racist?

READ HER OTHER POSTS.

Vanity might be rude, but her comments are not racist, i truly believe that's the reality with music industry

Look at Vanity's signature under her commens. She/he is a racist of the worst kind. Add to that her rudeness and you get a horrible individual.

And my original post was solely about the Billboard rules as rules - not if they are fair or not.

In addition, you should all shut the fuck up about the music industry today because you don't know what you're talking about. The biggest cultural movement of the last 10 years is hip-hop and the Billboard charts reflect exactly that. Now if some technicalities allow Mariah to have more No 1's than Madonna, in the grand scheme of things IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL and it doesn't give the right to anyone to make racial hatefull comments.

That's the reality? If you actually pay attention to the U.S. charts you'd see that with the exception of Soulja Boy and Flo-Rida, rap seems to be dying out here. It's very stupid to say that the only way you can get on the charts is if a black artist is featured in your songs because that's clearly not the case. Hannah Montana is a white girl who makes pop/rock music and her albums sell like hot cakes and she doesn't have any black artist or rapper on her albums. It's not only her though, but have u even looked at the U.S charts lately? Last week Leona Lewis (don't know what race she is), George Strait, James Otto and R.E.M. all made up the top 5 albums in the country, so to say that only rap or r&b is big here is TOTAL BULLSHIT.

Guest iMisto
That's the reality? If you actually pay attention to the U.S. charts you'd see that with the exception of Soulja Boy and Flo-Rida, rap seems to be dying out here. It's very stupid to say that the only way you can get on the charts is if a black artist is featured in your songs because that's clearly not the case. Hannah Montana is a white girl who makes pop/rock music and her albums sell like hot cakes and she doesn't have any black artist or rapper on her albums. It's not only her though, but have u even looked at the U.S charts lately? Last week Leona Lewis (don't know what race she is), George Strait, James Otto and R.E.M. all made up the top 5 albums in the country, so to say that only rap or r&b is big here is TOTAL BULLSHIT.

I would argue that album sales work differntly... The demographics for hip-hop tend to be people less likely to buy ALBUMS. However, singles perform very well.

Turn on Mtv... It IS BET. Which is fine, but Ive heard so many pop songs labeled RnB just cause a black person sings it. Not fair for any race.

yes, she could... all we need is the much needed sales spike... to 250k-260k the week of album release...

coupled that 60M AudImp at BDS by May 6...

Really? That seems very difficult to reach. :confused:

New Playlist updates today.

The only other one I pay attention to is KDWB in Minneapolis and unfotunatly it dropped from #16 to #23 on their playlist this week but oh well doing really well at the two biggest pop stations!

Thats weird. What the hell is their problem?

Guest boytoyville
Thats weird. What the hell is their problem?

I don't know. I do ratethemusic for them also & I obviously rate 4 minutes the highest but I am only 1 person. lol. They actually played Hung up prety decently the first few weeks it was out...maybe it just isn't taking to the market here. I am hoping that since it is surging everywhere else they might give it another try.