4 Minutes/Hard Candy at USA iTunes

thebigham

What would be really nice is if she managed a follow-up hit in the US. She hasn't had 2 hits from one album since Music.

People are going to tear down my optimism when I post this but....

I am actually hoping for 3 top 10 US hits from this album :dramatic:

I think it is possible but she will have to cycle through her singles faster while she is hot on radio. I also think she needs to put as much effort into ALL her music videos again like she used to in the 80's and 90's and that will help.

I'd like Give It 2 Me to go to radio in late May/early June but I'm worried that she will take too long and wait until the end of July and by then radio will have already forgotten about her again. She needs to cycle through her singles faster and keep dealing radio a new song while she is hot.

I'm also hoping the album will go 3x Platinum in the US(I think 2x Platinum is already in the bag.)

I think 2x Platinum is already in the bag.)

That would be amazing but album sales are so damn bleak right now that I am not holding my breath with anything, but I agree she needs to put out songs a bit faster. I think they should put out her new one just as spins for 4MIN begin to decrease. It will be really interesting to see how radio responds to Madonna's second single. Remember Nelly Furtado of course had a massive hit with Promiscuous, but the follow up Maneater pretty much bombed, but she lucked out with her 3rd single.

Nothing is written in stone.

2x platinum is in the bag?

I wouldn't go that far yet... there's a big chance though

Hard Candy will be received with general enthusiasm this time since it has a "popular" lead single with it...

as for the follow-up singles, it's too early to tell since we haven't heard the rest of the other songs yet...

the thing is, WBR shouldn't wait too long to prepare for the follow-up singles...

btw, did you guys observed that when iTunes changed the banner ad not showing MADONNA first in their montage ad, the album slowly dropped...

i think the ad spots below the "new releases" spot right next to the TOP10 is best... and I hope they use promote the 4MINUTES single using its cover..

If MARIAH sold 280K. MADONNA must have sold around 240K-260K range...

I am waiting for MARIAHDAILY.COM to announce who their winner for the fan with the most download contest..

and they must not forget to publish how many copies that winner bought

and I am banking on PEREZHILTON to post it at his website

:demonic:

I'm sure they will announce the winners(losers)for the contest but I HIGHLY doubt they will post how much each person bought because it will make them look bad.

The way the contest worked is like a raffle for prizes.

Each download a lamb bought and showed proof of purchase for got them another entry into the raffle.

The person who bought the most copies had the best chance of winning a prize because they had the most entries into the contest. The website even asked that the few lambs Mariah has outside of the US participate and help her hit #1 in the US.

Anyway I doubt they will post how many copies people purchased but the lambs are about as stupid as Mariah herself so you never know.

Anyway I should know about the contest.

I'm going to email him.

When MOO hits #1 it's going to big news because she will have beaten Elvis.(but still behind The Beatles)

Madonna will also break an Elvis record for the most Top 10's of ANY artist but it will likely get overshadowed by MOOriah.

If Perez posts about the contest on mariahdaily right after the bitch hit's number 1 it will be a big embarrassing blow to the lambs and will make them look bad.

Mariah sold 286k. She set a downloads record. She broke the record Rihanna set. Before Rihanna Shakira had the record with Hips Don't Lie.

Mariah sold 286k. She set a downloads record. She broke the record Rihanna set. Before Rihanna Shakira had the record with Hips Don't Lie.

she better thank MADONNA for that... coz when the rabid lambs saw how fast 4M was approaching,

they stopped at nothing to make sure she stayed on top...

if the video creates a huge buzz, it will definitely send the download sales through the roof...

let's just hope the video is as good as the stills that we are getting

Can you give me examples of well known artist whose digital sales went through the roof after the video got released?

Will videosales from itunes count towards the digital sales?

The popularity bars of the top 3, Mariah, Madge and Leona, are virtualy excatly the same, hard to see any difference between them x

Can you give me examples of well known artist whose digital sales went through the roof after the video got released?

Will videosales from itunes count towards the digital sales?

i don't know if there's any... but they don't have the star calibre of MADONNA and JUSTIN and TIMBO in 1 4-MINUTE video... and this is quite different now, it is debuting in iTunes, not MTV... it even charted briefly in the TOP 10 albums, that's a sign of its demand... unfortunately, video sales don't count towards the HOT100 as the chart experts here say...

The popularity bars of the top 3, Mariah, Madge and Leona, are virtualy excatly the same, hard to see any difference between them x

itunesUSlatest.jpg

is this it? or is there a closer one?

Yea its that one I thinks,

Who would have thought a year ago that a 50-year-old white woman and an English reality tv act would be gunning for the Billboard Hot 100 #1... my, how times have changed!

Yea its that one I thinks,

On AMAzon 4 Minutes is no2 and TMB no13 right now... SO maybe 4 Minutes will be no1 on next week's HOT DIGITAL SONGS chart... I hope..

Edited by Jasonakos

On AMAzon 4 Minutes is no2 and TMB no13 right now... SO maybe 4 Minutes will be no1 on next week's HOT DIGITAL SONGS chart... I hope..

I tell you, don't count on it much... LEONA is resurgent as well as LITC... and what the hell is that Lollipop?

Guest Qbanito21

Now that the lambs did there job and got mariah to #1 they will stop buying and she will go down drastically!

those b*t*hes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >l