4 Minutes/Hard Candy at USA iTunes

thebigham

Guest jamesshot
This is the first time I've entered this thread, and I'm glad to see Madonna is apparently doing well, but LMFAO at the guy from Mariahdaily's response. You didn't even need to mention Madge's name. He/she is not only right, but also managed to wave off your ridiculous email without making a fool of himself. You do sound desperate and jealous.

Anyway, I know I'm gonna get the claws thrown at me now, but really, when is this forum gonna get over that bimbo Mariah? I don't get it. Why is everyone so fucking threatened by her? She's a JOKE. She'll never have what Madonna has - balls, brains, creativity, intrigue. Madonna eclipsed the chart game long ago, even if she seems to still want to play it with this new song. She's BEYOND these petty rivalries, and her fans should be too. Jesus christ sometimes its embarassing to see how far obsessions can take people.

Oh Miguel its just fun. I don't think anyone is serious in their attacks on her. Its like a running joke in my eyes. Granted she is an easy target but nonetheless, its pure fun.

On a side note...everyone seemed tp like the Drew Barrymore TV movie but I liked the Alyssa Milano TV movie more. LOL

I still remember SNL addressing all the Amy Fisher movies by doing "BET Amy Fisher", "Tori Spelling as Amy Fisher", etc.

Guest chickenlittle08
WBR better release the remixes on APRIL21... MARIAH will be on American Idol APRIL 15 and 16 and she'll have huge downloads for sure that week...

dont worry 4mins is 49cents go buy 2 for $1! at real music store get that smash madge.

:nocomment: that's the only download site where TMB is ahead of 4MINUTES...

does anybody have an idea who's got the next biggest share in digital downloads?

AMAZON

REAL

RHAPSODY

YAHOO!

MSN

NAPSTER

and what about that VERIZON that gave 12k sales to 4MINUTES before the download week?

and what about that VERIZON that gave 12k sales to 4MINUTES before the download week?

I actually have VERIZON for my cell service and I had no clue they were selling the single last week. I did, however, buy the ringtone last Saturday through them.

Do you think if someone write a letter to Billboard, ask if Mariah urging fans to buy multiple copies, even have a competition, is legitimate? I am sure nothing Billboard can do, but if they bring up that subject in Billboard magazine then more people will finally realize how Mariah got her #1s

why would Billboard care... it drives up the sales which is what the music industry needs :dramatic:

Do you think if someone write a letter to Billboard, ask if Mariah urging fans to buy multiple copies, even have a competition, is legitimate? I am sure nothing Billboard can do, but if they bring up that subject in Billboard magazine then more people will finally realize how Mariah got her #1s

oh my DEAR LORD :lmao:

It may be a good sign that IDJ/Mariah feels the need to release a remix...

I'm glad they released the remix within this week.

We all know the fact that TMB will make to #1 next week and that's Mimi & IDJ's motive. Once it made it to #1, they will not care if the following week 4M top TMB.

Moreover, 4M has absolutely NOTHING to lose.

The song was available 1 day later than TMB and there's only 1 version available whereas TMB has 2 (provided the remix to be released by tomorrow). It would be an insult to IDJ & Mimi if 4M tops the iTunes chart.

Mimi has already had 17 #1, the most for female, so what's difference if she gets another 1?

I'm glad they released the remix within this week.

We all know the fact that TMB will make to #1 next week and that's Mimi & IDJ's motive. Once it made it to #1, they will not care if the following week 4M top TMB.

EXACTLY

they just want one week at #1 and then they will dump it for the next single

everyone is pretty much over this song and they know it doesn't have the staying power of WBT so they are going to drop everything this week to get it on top then mve on

Mimi has already had 17 #1, the most for female, so what's difference if she gets another 1?

probably because she inched closer to the Beatles' 20 #1 with another sneaky #1...

itunes1kt0.jpg

WHAT THE HELL?!?!?! But this is not going to chart right? WOW, you could see the power of AMERICAN IDOL... WBR should be watching this... we can only imagine when MARIAH belts her lungs out on APRIL 15 and 16... at least we can now see who is still gaining faster, TMB or 4M

itunes1kt0.jpg

WHAT THE HELL?!?!?! But this is not going to chart right? WOW, you could see the power of AMERICAN IDOL... WBR should be watching this... we can only imagine when MARIAH belts her lungs out on APRIL 15 and 16...

yeah they don't allow the AI songs to chart because that would be considered playing with the system of voting

they are getting MASSIVE sales though

this will not affect the Hot 100, only the Download Chart.

Jason Castro made it last week.

Reaction to "Hallelujah" performance

Jason Castro's rendition of the song "Hallelujah" performed on American Idol -- combined with the judges' favorable comments -- propelled droves of viewers to the iTunes Store to download the Jeff Buckley cover of the Leonard Cohen song, which propelled it to the #1 spot on iTunes' singles chart. Buckley's version of the song sold 178,000 digital downloads in the week following Castro's performance, to debut at #1 on Billboard's Hot Digital Songs chart. According to the March 22, 2008 issue of Billboard Magazine this was the highest boost in digital sales a song had ever received after being performed by a contestant on American Idol. It was the first time Buckley's version of the song charted on a Billboard chart, as well as the first U.S. Number One song on any chart for Buckley, who died May 29, 1997 at age 30.