4 Minutes/Hard Candy at USA iTunes

thebigham

YES, HUGE

iTunes cover around 70%-80% of the downloads market as some say...

it's worth noting that 4 MINUTES is #1 in other download outlets... like AMAZON and RHAPSODY and REAL

Thanks! Well, better 1% than nothing, maybe the difference between Madonna and Mariah on iTunes is just 1% :doh:

I feel bad for Mariah's assistant.

lazyny5.jpg

Now that 4 minutes is #2 on iTunes Mariah probably has the woman sitting at a computer all day long puchasing Touch My Body over and over from Mariah's personal iTunes account.

Do you think if 4 Minutes hits #1 on iTunes that Mariah will call up Island/Def Jam and demand that the puchase price for Touch My Body get slashed down to 49 cents?

I feel bad for Mariah's assistant.

lazyny5.jpg

Now that 4 minutes is #2 on iTunes Mariah probably has the woman sitting at a computer all day long puchasing Touch My Body over and over from Mariah's personal iTunes account.

Do you think if 4 Minutes hits #1 on iTunes that Mariah will call up Island/Def Jam and demand that the puchase price for Touch My Body get slashed down to 49 cents?

LOL I'm sorry even though I like MIMI, but she does not have a chance...

$M$DOLLA$ Is on the PROWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dramatic:

Guest Azelover

TMB has a huge airplay lead ahead of the sales lead, so forget about 4M overtaking it this week. That song will be Mariah's 18th #1 unfortunately, the kicker is both Madonna and Mariah will be beating out Elvis at the same time, so expect that to be the big headline, and trust me there will be one. Girls beat Elvis or something.

The #1 will probably create the most fuzz just for being #1, even though it's not a record breaker like Madonna's is. Next week Madonna will be breaking a record by passing Elvis on most top 10 hits for an artist, Mariah will be passing Elvis in #1's but there's no record there. Which one gets most attention could be Mariah most likely, but it will be up to Madonna's management and PR to step it up and make a splash, it could be overshadowed, so definitely not in the bag.

hmm... In the popularity bars being shown, does anyone else here think that if the popularity bar of song A is twice long as song B then song A's sales is double that of song B? just a thought

Mariah's popularity bar is as long as it gets in this graphic, maybe it would be even longer but there was not enough space? But let's not go there.....That thought frightens me.

Another US top 10 for Madonna in 2nd week of release!?? a few years ago I thought this was almost impossible due to low airplay but i guess as it turns out the digital download has been more than kind and benificial to her!

She is gaining.

Madonna is gaining in sales while the only thing Mariah is gaining is weight as she stuffs her face to comfort herself over the fact that she is going to be taken out. :p

Guest jamesshot
Madonna is gaining in sales while the only thing Mariah is gaining is weight as she stuffs her face to comfort herself over the fact that she is going to be taken out. :p

No you are wrong. She is stuffing her face because she has no plates to put her food on. So its either the floor, counter or her stomach. The first 2 are not options because MooMoo is a strict "5 seconds rule" girl.

BTW,a Touch My Body remix will be released tomorrow.

HAH... they are really watching the popularity bars... even to the extent of releasing a digital download on a FRIDAY... they'll stop at nothing to prevent MADONNA from being #1 at least in the digital downloads department...

IDJ and MARIAH, as sneaky as ever... :rant:

It sounds silly but Madonna must send a bulletin to her myspace friends!! Mariah is sending every single day these days to tell people that they can download the song from i-tunes!! Madonna has more than 360.000 friends. Even if 15.000 of them download the song is very important!!!

HAH... they are really watching the popularity bars... even to the extent of releasing a digital download on a FRIDAY... they'll stop at nothing to prevent MADONNA from being #1 at least in the digital downloads department...

IDJ and MARIAH, as sneaky as ever... :rant:

The MOOriah fansite mariahdaily has a pathetic "download contest" for which lamb will download her song the most times. They are even giving out prizes! My guess is the Island/Def Jam contacted the website and offered the prizes.

It's so pathetic the measures Mariah will go to to get as many #1's as possible.

I emailed the webmaster of mariahdaily and didn't even bring up that I'm a madonna fan but told them I thought their contest was lame and unfair and that pathetic measures like that and payola explain why Mariah has 17 #1's in the US.

here was the response I got:

Think what you want.

Mariah would have been #1 anyway. Are you jealous that crypt keeper Madonna isn't #1?

This is the first time I've entered this thread, and I'm glad to see Madonna is apparently doing well, but LMFAO at the guy from Mariahdaily's response. You didn't even need to mention Madge's name. He/she is not only right, but also managed to wave off your ridiculous email without making a fool of himself. You do sound desperate and jealous.

Anyway, I know I'm gonna get the claws thrown at me now, but really, when is this forum gonna get over that bimbo Mariah? I don't get it. Why is everyone so fucking threatened by her? She's a JOKE. She'll never have what Madonna has - balls, brains, creativity, intrigue. Madonna eclipsed the chart game long ago, even if she seems to still want to play it with this new song. She's BEYOND these petty rivalries, and her fans should be too. Jesus christ sometimes its embarassing to see how far obsessions can take people.

This is the first time I've entered this thread, and I'm glad to see Madonna is apparently doing well, but LMFAO at the guy from Mariahdaily's response. You didn't even need to mention Madge's name. He/she is right and managed to wave off your ridiculous email without making a fool of himself. You sound desperate and jealous.

Whatever.

I'm glad you support such lame tactics as download contests and payola.

It just shows how you are when you say I'm the desperate one for taking all of 1 minute to send them an email about their shitty pathetic little contest. It's a good thing MAriah fans are not desperate that they have such a contest in the first place right?

Anyway that douche called madonna the "crypt keeper" and you say that person is "right"???

we are not threatened by her... we are annoyed of the success that she achieves by being sneaky... and all the people will only remember how it magically went #1 and never how sneaky it all happened...