"4 Minutes" on the Billboard Charts

thebigham

Guest ercos

As earlier projected / predicted, Four minutes debuted at #68 (Top 70) in the BB Hot100 based on airplay alone.

Other FM BB Chart postions :

--Hot 100 Airplay : #51 (debut)

--Dance Airplay : #5 (debut, wow its a sure#1 next week)

--Pop 100: #32 (debut)

--Pop Airplay: #22 (debut)

SIBEDAR : Interesting positions in the BB Hot 100 :

#1. Bleeding Love (good airplay and high downloads, Sales Gainer)

#2. Love In This Club (high airplay, Airplay Gainer but plateaued digital sales)

#3. Sexy Can I (biggest competitor of TMB for #1)

#9 Lollipop (up from 83 due to high downloads)

#15. Touch My Body (down by 1 slot but expect a high jump next week due to sales)

Bleeding Love has exemplified why FM can be number 1 even with not so good airplay, HIGH DOWNLOADS. Well Bleeding Love has good airplay but LITC is higher stil with AI. BL outpace LITC due to higher sales. Same scenario with Lollipop.

In order for FM to enter top10 next week, AI should still improve to 35M to 38M and coupled with 120k downloads. The lower AI it has this week, the better downloads it should have in order to enter Top10.

Guest ercos
Don't be fooled, Mariah still has a bullet. And if her sales are good on iTunes this week she'll undoubtedly be #1 on the Hot 100 next week. What I wouldn't give for Usher, Leona, or - by some miracle - Madonna to stop her.

Can any other chart people make me feel better by saying it won't be that easy for her? I have a feeling it will be.

Mariah pretty much has it in the bag I'd say

TMB has still a bullet as its airplay / AI has increased still by #3M. Am betting that BL remains at #1 as airplay for TMB has actually slowed down but wil still enter top10, either #3 or even #2 due to downloads. BL and LITC and very strong still.

well if indeed TMB becomes #1 and FM enters the top 10, then Madonna and Mariah breals Elvis' records the same week!! very historic indeed.

Edited by ercos

TMB has still a bullet as its airplay / AI has increased still by #3M. Am betting that BL remains at #1 as airplay for TMB has actually slowed down but wil still enter top10, either #3 or even #2 due to downloads. BL and LITC and very strong still.

well if indeed TMB becomes #1 and FM enters the top 10, then Madonna and Mariah breals Elvis' records the same week!! very historic indeed.

is there any chance for madonna to be in the top ten next week???? :dramatic:

Guest mattcho
really??? next week????????? I´m really surprised!!! in fact, it´s quite sad, you put Timbaland on a song, and...

He's had his share of flops...Timbaland + Justin didn't create magic for Duran Duran.

Let's give Maddy some credit here!

Am betting that BL remains at #1 as airplay for TMB has actually slowed down but wil still enter top10, either #3 or even #2 due to downloads. BL and LITC and very strong still.

wtf are you talking about?

airplay for TMB is exploding, MC is over 110 million AI ,Leona is at around 40 million...Mariah is basically light years away in terms of airplay and she's catching Usher.

As far as downloads are concerned MC is #1 on i-Tunes and #1 at Real, #2 on Walmart (pop)which means she sold most this week.

Her popularity bar is as twice as big as those of 4M and BL and Usher is nowhere near MC in terms of downloads .

If those bars are indicative of the sales,it could mean that MC will break records next week.

Mariah will still enter top 10 next week...
BWAHAHAHAHAHA ,where do you come up with this stuff....AHAHAHA.

She has #1 in the bag.

Edited by Humutriusa

Guest ercos

wtf are you talking about?

airplay for TMB is exploding, MC is over 110 million AI ,Leona is at around 40 million...Mariah is basically light years away in terms of airplay and she's catching Usher.

As far as downloads are concerned MC is #1 on i-Tunes and #1 at Real, #2 on Walmart (pop)which means she sold most this week.

Her popularity bar is as twice as big as those of 4M and BL and Usher is nowhere near MC in terms of downloads .

If those bars are indicative of the sales,it could mean that MC will break records next week.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA ,where do you come up with this stuff....AHAHAHA.

She has #1 in the bag.

if TMB sells at least 80k plus downloads, she will be #1 next week.

but its anybodys game. we dont know the sales figures for downloads for Bleeding Love, Sexy Can I and Love IT Club.

If sales for LITC and SCI songs are higher, TMB can be at least #2 or #3. BL will go down next week if sales has plateaued.

Guest ercos

sure, if FM has downloads of 100k plus, it will jump to #7 or even #5. well granting also that AI will somehow improve to at least 35M AI by Sunday.

Lollipop jumped to from 83 to 9 because of high downloads (it is #2 in the digital sales, BL is #1) even with not so high AI. :)

if TMB sells at least 80k plus downloads, she will be #1 next week.

but its anybodys game. we dont know the sales figures for downloads for Bleeding Love, Sexy Can I and Love IT Club.

If sales for LITC and SCI songs are higher, TMB can be at least #2 or #3. BL will go down next week if sales has plateaued.

First of all,TMB needs to sell more than 80K in order to reach the top...but like some have said in this very same thread,#1 is in the bag.I think she's going to sell between 190K-250K,maybe even more.

And how could sales for LITC,SCI,and BL be higher?Mariah reached the top of the itunes chart on tuesday,she will be #1,no doubt about it.

The digital sales chart will have Madonna or Mariah at #1 and Leona at #3.

Edited by Gus

DIGITAL DOWNLOADS:

#1 MARIAH

#2 MADONNA

#3 LEONA

MADONNA and MARIAH may swap places in the weekend... and both will be selling double Leona's figures...

these two will really will really slug it out next week in the HOT100...

Guest ercos

AI of FM is now (only) 28M.

She needs at least 35M AI for a sure sure top 10 or #7.

am getting scared...

TMB has 110M AI and with TMB being number 1 in downloads then its sure to be #1 next week with only LITC and SCI (Ray J) stopping TMB.

Guest ercos
DIGITAL DOWNLOADS:

#1 MARIAH

#2 MADONNA

#3 LEONA

MADONNA and MARIAH may swap places in the weekend... and both will be selling double Leona's figures...

these two will really will really slug it out next week in the HOT100...

we hope so. by Monday, musical history will be known - is digital sales of TMb will be enough to carry TMb to #1 and if digital sales of FM is enough for the song to enter top10.

2 records of Elvis broken..

Guest ercos
First of all,TMB needs to sell more than 80K in order to reach the top...but like some have said in this very same thread,#1 is in the bag.I think she's going to sell between 190K-250K,maybe even more.

And how could sales for LITC,SCI,and BL be higher?Mariah reached the top of the itunes chart on tuesday,she will be #1,no doubt about it.

The digital sales chart will have Madonna or Mariah at #1 and Leona at #3.

_____

i must have my math wrong, 80k downloads is equal to 80M AI right? and i thought 190M wud be enough to overtake Ray J and Usher.

niway, if she sells 250k, no doubt she will be number 1..

Guest ercos
just out of interest what was leona's AI and sales the wek she hit #1?

AI was 40M (posted in another thread?) sales is at 219,000 thus its equivalent to 219M AI???

thus catapulting it to #1...

_____

i must have my math wrong, 80k downloads is equal to 80M AI right? and i thought 190M wud be enough to overtake Ray J and Usher.

niway, if she sells 250k, no doubt she will be number 1..

Usher has around 119M AI and last week sold 138K,Leona had around 35M AI and sold 220K.

AI of FM is now (only) 28M.

She needs at least 35M AI for a sure sure top 10 or #7.

am getting scared...

TMB has 110M AI and with TMB being number 1 in downloads then its sure to be #1 next week with only LITC and SCI (Ray J) stopping TMB.

She doesn't need 35M AI to reach the top 10...sales will do the trick.

And for the last time,TMB is going to be #1 on next weeks chart...nothing is going to stop that from happening.

Leona reaches US summit but can she hold on?

Friday March 28, 2008

By Alan Jones

As widely reported elsewhere, Leona Lewis has become the first British female solo artist to top the US Hot 100 for more than 20 years, climbing 8-1 this week with Bleeding Love.

Lewis, who turns 23 next Thursday (3rd April) was a toddler, just two years old, when Wilde reached the summit with You Keep Me Hangin’ On in June 1987. The fourth of five US chart entries for Wilde – follow-up Say You Really Want Me was the last, and peaked weakly at number 44 – You Keep Me Hangin’ On was a hit at a time when the chart was a much happier hunting ground for UK acts.

The week it was number one, it was one of 19 hits on the Hot 100 by UK and Irish acts, with others including Chris De Burgh’s Lady In Red, Genesis’ In Too Deep, Billy Idol’s Sweet Sixteen, Heart And Soul by T’Pau, Mary’s Prayer by Danny Wilson, One For The Mockingbird by Cutting Crew, and a brace of Steve Winwood songs, The Finer Things and Back In The High Life Again.

Since Billboard first devised its singles chart in 1940 (it became the Hot 100 in 1958), six other UK female solo artists have topped the chart, along with Lewis and Wilde. They are: Vera Lynn with Auf Widersehen Sweetheart (1952), Petula Clark with Downtown (1965) and My Love (1966), Lulu with To Sir With Love (1967), Olivia Newton John with I Honestly Love You (1974), Have You Never Been Mellow (1975), Magic (1980) and Physical (1981), Sheena Easton with 9 To 5 (1981), and Bonnie Tyler with Total Eclipse Of The Heart (1983).

Since Wilde’s success, four British female solo artists have had number two hits – Sheena Easton with The Lover In Me (1989), Cathy Dennis with Touch Me All Night Long (1991), Nikki French with Total Eclipse Of The Heart (1995) and, most recently, another member of the Lewis clan, namely Donna Lewis, who reached runners-up spot with I Love You, Always Forever in 1996, losing out to Los Del Rio’s Macarena. The latter track, of course, sampled Alison Moyet’s giggle from Yazoo’s Situation, so had some British interest.

On a wider note, Leona Lewis is only the second UK act to have a number one single in America this decade. Of the 107 previous chart-toppers since January 2000, the only one by a British act is You’re Beautiful by James Blunt. Like Lewis, Blunt was hugely indebted to exposure on Oprah Winfrey’s show just before reaching pole position.

One thing Leona Lewis has in common with Kim Wilde is that both of them achieved their number ones with American songs. Wilde’s single was a hi-nrg cover of the Diana Ross & The Supremes smash penned by Holland, Dozier & Holland, while Bleeding Love was written by Ryan Tedder and Jesse McCartney.

Tedder is the lead singer of OneRepublic. Unknown a year ago, he has since co-penned six Hot 100 hits. Bleeding Love is the first to reach number one, though OneRepublic’s Apologize collaboration with Timbaland reached number two. Love Like This was a number 11 hit for Natasha Bedingfield and Sean Kingston, Do It Well reached number 31 for Jennifer Lopez, and He Said She Said peaked at number 58 for Ashley Tisdale. OneRepublic’s follow-up to Apologize, Stop & Stare, climbs 16-12 on the Hot 100 this week. All of Tedder’s songs were penned with different co-writers.

Available since December, Bleeding Love initially made slow progress in America but its download sales there have now overhauled their UK tally. With the Oprah effect helping to generate sales of 219,237 downloads there last week, it has now sold 537,061 copies, whereas downloads account for 471,198 of Bleeding Love’s UK sales tally of 867,884.

Despite its sales success, Bleeding Love is far from being one of the top records on US radio. It has been on the Hot 100 airplay chart for just three weeks, moving 66-51-37. It is also number 34 on the Rhythmic Top 40, and number 22 on the Mainstream Top 40 airplay charts. TV exposure for the songs video didn’t really take off until the song got Oprah’s seal of approval but it debuts at number nine on the Hot Videoclip chart this week.

Like Kim Wilde, Lewis’ reign atop the US chart will be limited to just one week – Bleeding Love is certain to be overtaken next week by Mariah Carey’s Touch My Body, which is way ahead of Bleeding Love on airplay and should easily sell more than 200,000 copies in the next week, as pent-up demand is released. Madonna’s 4 Minutes is also selling very strongly, and may push Lewis into third place.

But the future looks bright for Lewis, who is due to appear on Good Morning America, Live With Regis & Kelly, The Ellen De Generes Show, Jimmy Kimmel Live and American Idol before her Spirit album drops stateside on April 8.

Bleeding Love is certain to be overtaken next week by Mariah Carey’s Touch My Body, which is way ahead of Bleeding Love on airplay and should easily sell more than 200,000 copies in the next week, as pent-up demand is released. Madonna’s 4 Minutes is also selling very strongly, and may push Lewis into third place.

just as I predicted... :thumbsup:

Are they predicting a possible #2 spot for 4M in the Hot 100 next week???? :shock: That's much much much better than I had expected!

I predict this for the HOT100 next week:

#1 Touch My Body

#2 4 Minutes

#3 Love In This Club

#4 Bleeding Love

#5 Sexy Can I

I think #2 is not going to happen,at least not next week...she would need at least 200K to do that,and maybe even 200K wouldn't be enough.

It's amazing how well 4M is selling 1st week after just 2 weeks of radio play at 30 million AI and no video support yet!! I guess it may turn out to be one of the best selling singles in her career! American audience are just having such great response to the song! Bravo! :thumbsup:

Guest Puffy

Do you think that TMB will possibly be the only thing keeping 4M from possibly ever hitting #1?

Or do you think that in a few weeks, 4M wll push ahead ofit, being that the video, maxi, and actual album and more promo hasn't even begun yet?

Perhaps TMB will hit #1 and stay there for 2 weeks, only to be pushed out by M?

Not saying that 4M hitting#1 is going to happen, but how many of us thought it even had 1% chance at first? NO ONE. We would have been happy if it charted at all!

Now suddenly its a surefire TOP 5, and a possible #1.

The song is still too new, but do you think sales can stay stron for the next few weeks to allow the video, physical single,momentum, and radio airplay to pick up?

OR will sales start falling, and it will probably stall in the top 5 for a while before dropping?

Edited by Puffy

Guest Puffy

Also, I know this is a tad too early, but, without Justin and Timbaland, and I'm SURE her 2nd single won't have at least Justin,....

can we expect a flop? lol.

Is Madonna on her OWN pretty much done in terms of airplay?

Do you think that TMB will possibly be the only thing keeping 4M from possibly ever hitting #1?

Or do you think that in a few weeks, 4M wll push ahead ofit, being that the video, maxi, and actual album and more promo hasn't even begun yet?

Perhaps TMB will hit #1 and stay there for 2 weeks, only to be pushed out by M?

I expect MC to be #1 next week(APRIL2 report), then in its 2nd week & 3rd week (APRIL9,16 reports) might see a slight decline in downloads... then explode for a week because of the TV appearances on Idol and Oprah (APRIL23 report)... then it will go downhill from there... the only weeks that MADONNA may give her a challenge is in the APRIL 9 report where both may see a sales decline and the APRIL 16 report when the effects of the video premiere will be felt... MADONNA is no match for MARIAH in the APRIL 23 report (IDOL & OPRAH effects)... the really best week for the MAXI and the Remixes to hit iTunes is APRIL22 (counted on the APRIL30 report) when TMB sales would've considerably gone down...

if 4MINUTES was released March 31 or April 1 for downloads, her chances of being #1 would've been A LOT bigger... but that's moot and academic