"4 Minutes" on the Billboard Charts

thebigham

Anyway...... disappointing to see such a sharp drop despite outstanding sales. Any chance of the Top 6 declining next week in airplay? I don't see any fast rising songs that could hit Top 5. It's time for Usher & Mariah to start declining at radio while Madge continues to gain.

yeah... just focus on the TOP 7 of the week...

LEONA, is fast declining in downloads and will begin to slow down in airplay gains she may be within reach of 4M in next week's chart

LIL WAYNE, it's almost maxed out in the format it dominates, RHYTHMIC and URBAN, meaning it will start to slowdown in airplay as well, but if it continues to sell close to 4Minutes, it will be tough to overtake it, a slight sales decline back to 170k may open up for 4M though

SPARKS, this only benefited from the AI performance last week, it's on a downturn again now, 4M will surely pass this next week...

USHER, just pray for no significant increase in downloads and stay at the 110-120 level

MARIAH, won't rise much, both in airplay and sales

RAY J, maxed out in Rhythmic and Urban, just pray it doesn't experience an increase in downloads as well...

anyways, if MADONNA can muster a 240k-250k sales figure this week for next week's chart report she's very much in the running for #1

just keep on buying the remixes separately...

Guest marsha
yeah... just focus on the TOP 7 of the week...

LEONA, is fast declining in downloads and will begin to slow down in airplay gains she may be within reach of 4M in next week's chart

--And promo is for "Better times", the more radio will play it, the less they play BL

LIL WAYNE, it's almost maxed out in the format it dominates, RHYTHMIC and URBAN, meaning it will start to slowdown in airplay as well, but if it continues to sell close to 4Minutes, it will be tough to overtake it, a slight sales decline back to 170k may open up for 4M though

--only Hard candy's release can make the difference. And pray;-)

SPARKS, this only benefited from the AI performance last week, it's on a downturn again now, 4M will surely pass this next week...

--And that's cool

USHER, just pray for no significant increase in downloads and stay at the 110-120 level

--downloads seem steady but never take off so far. let's pray

MARIAH, won't rise much, both in airplay and sales

--I disagree. Bye bye can rise much. Touch my coil still a threat if its sales stop falling down. So we have to pray

RAY J, maxed out in Rhythmic and Urban, just pray it doesn't experience an increase in downloads as well...

--We pray

anyways, if MADONNA can muster a 240k-250k sales figure this week for next week's chart report she's very much in the running for #1

just keep on buying the remixes separately...

--not easy but possible. very important to let fans know they have to buy separately. And pray

And pray Miley cyrus shoot another 4M vid

Edited by marsha

Guest americana madonna

i do believe "4 minutes" still has a chance to move up on the charts. not 2 sure about the #1 position, but overral we did get a new top ten hit with this song. since radio stations are playing 4m, hopefully "give it 2 me" will get the same chance on radio so we can help madonna get her 38th top ten u.s. hit.

Guest Ruanrushedin

She has a #1 with sales meaning she has outperformed all the other songs where it truly matters.

I wish she could have been #1 on Billboard but hey, thats how the cookie crumbles. #3 is outstanding for Madge, considering!!!

Guest marsha
She has a #1 with sales meaning she has outperformed all the other songs where it truly matters.

I wish she could have been #1 on Billboard but hey, thats how the cookie crumbles. #3 is outstanding for Madge, considering!!!

She could have been #1...

we're not in may. song is hot. album has not yet been released. #3 is amazing but it's not over ! not the end of the world if she'd miss #1 but she has her chance. would be a delight.

i do believe "4 minutes" still has a chance to move up on the charts. not 2 sure about the #1 position, but overral we did get a new top ten hit with this song. since radio stations are playing 4m, hopefully "give it 2 me" will get the same chance on radio so we can help madonna get her 38th top ten u.s. hit.

With the way they are supporting a lead single even with the radio darlings T&T on board? I am not hopeful for GITM...

I am just hopeful for the downloads to get her there, 150k would suffice... though that too I doubt she can muster with the 2nd single

while it is really unfair not to include other formats and stations in the airplay chart, I am beginning to think that sales should have more weight than it is right now because i think sales tell us what the public really wants... we all know radio stations are commanded by radio programmers...

enough with this callout research, 4M's #1 there yet it's having a hard time climbing POP stations, WHY? It should be the fans who actually buy the music that should be given more weight... radio play is dictated by program directors, how many are they? definitely a less than actual music buyers...

So this let me think Madonna wouldn't have those 12 #1 if all the formats had been included in the past.

Guest marsha
With the way they are supporting a lead single even with the radio darlings T&T on board? I am not hopeful for GITM...

I am just hopeful for the downloads to get her there, 150k would suffice... though that too I doubt she can muster with the 2nd single

anticlimax. I don't like the remixes but I love the song. I'll buy the remixes if I feel she has a chance to be #1, because even if it's not crucial, it would be great for her at 49, for fans waiting for 8 years. In my mind she has a chance because the album's release in 10 days, so I have hope. but loosing faith. I read "buy buy buy the remixes, buy them separetly blah blah", buy them multiples. WHY? sorry if I'm naive, that's not logical. If we have to be realistic and there's no chance, don't want to spend my money. I won't hesitated for one and only reason, helping 4M to be #1. I still bought 3 copies of the album version last week, and was laughing when iTunes asked "You've already bought this song, are you sure..", thinking to myself: if the computer could think, it'd think I'm stupid but I can gift them ! ;-) whatever, just want to say, it'd better to emulate fans visiting a forum. I know you're not mediums, but if you don't believe it's impossible for M to be #1, let me know, and to other fans reading the posts, so I could save my money. I'll be really happy with #3 peak. Didn't expect that much.

anticlimax. I don't like the remixes but I love the song. I'll buy the remixes if I feel she has a chance to be #1, because even if it's not crucial, it would be great for her at 49, for fans waiting for 8 years. In my mind she has a chance because the album's release in 10 days, so I have hope. but loosing faith. I read "buy buy buy the remixes, buy them separetly blah blah", buy them multiples. WHY? sorry if I'm naive, that's not logical. If we have to be realistic and there's no chance, don't want to spend my money. I won't hesitated for one and only reason, helping 4M to be #1. I still bought 3 copies of the album version last week, and was laughing when iTunes asked "You've already bought this song, are you sure..", thinking to myself: if the computer could think, it'd think I'm stupid but I can gift them ! ;-) whatever, just want to say, it'd better to emulate fans visiting a forum. I know you're not mediums, but if you don't believe it's impossible for M to be #1, let me know, and to other fans reading the posts, so I could save my money. I'll be really happy with #3 peak. Didn't expect that much.

you bought 3 album versions? you should've bought the remixes instead, that way you wouldn't think you're stupid, gift the if you will...

and I do promote BUY SEPARATELY, NEVER MULTIPLE COPIES... when I say BUY SEPARATELY, cozif you are going to BUY ALBUM, you're goal is to buy them all right? So for it to count more for our M, being a fan, why not BUY SEPARATELY for it will help her chart better? It's like licking two balls with one tongue...

Guest marsha
you bought 3 album versions? you should've bought the remixes instead, that way you wouldn't think you're stupid, gift the if you will...

and I do promote BUY SEPARATELY, NEVER MULTIPLE COPIES... when I say BUY SEPARATELY because if you are going to BUY ALBUM, you're goal is to buy them all right? So for it to count more for our M, being a fan, why not BUY SEPARATELY?

I was not talking about you, I wrote about the feeling of the majority here, not a judgement, just an question. I bought the 3 album versions before remixes were released. I've understood why it's more efficient to buy them separately. I say I'd feel stupid (and joked about that), to buy remixes I don't like if the song has no chance to be #1. Don't be haughty, I'm a fan, but not a stupid girl, don't want to gift my friends with a song they don't really care about. I understood it was important to buy remixes and buy them separately to give the girl a chance to have a 13th number one. If not, I'll follow wise advices. I'm not used to go frequent forums. very enthusiastic with the new album, 4M sucess (sales). But let me tell you, it's not stimulating to rush on itune store after reading how naive we are to hope too much. Love you guys, love this forum. But can I say that?

Edited by marsha

I was not talking about you

well, you quoted me so it would be normal for me to answer... anyway mine is just a pronouncement as well...

now lets go back to promoting her on iTunes

well, you quoted me so it would be normal for me to answer... anyway mine is just a pronouncement as well...

now lets go back to promoting her on iTunes

do u really think guys that we have no chance of having this as number 1...?

^ no way. *if* she only released this song in a tad bit of a smarter, more calculated way, during less competitive, average chart week (NOT going aganist Mimi 1st week and Leons mega download sales and airplay) she easily wouldve have a 60/40-70/30% chance OF getting her 13th #1. Anyways, for a white 50 yold woman, whom most American radio stations instantly shun, no matter how many #1 requests, download sales, hottest producers, positive buzz etc..and the country itself doesnt feel favorable, we may have to look at top 5 from now on for a Madonna song as the new #1 LOL. 95% fact, not 100%, yet pretty damn fkin close :(

do u really think guys that we have no chance of having this as number 1...?

there is a chance... and her big chances will start with this week, the biggest chance being her album release...

sad thing though, it's only 12 days till the release of the album and this bytch is still at the gym...

not even a scheduled appearance... have they forgotten that their appearances have to be anounced to garner a bigger audience?

i sometimes wonder why some of you work so hard for madge... by buying multiple copies, and remixes, and "gifts" for friends who don't even want the song... when madonna is living like a hermit in her workout castle... instead of dragging her ass to oprah and ellen and good morning america and american idol.

she doesn't seem to care. why do you? :bruised:

maybe because we're fans :thumbsup:

she doesn't seem to care. why do you? :bruised:

believe me, I myself's patience is wearing really thin... if she does not do any decisive promo herself there'd be one less eager fan to help promote her... nope, promo concerts where only fans are the target don't count, and her perezhilton and youtube skit don't either...

believe me, I myself's patience is wearing really thin... if she does not do any decisive promo herself there'd be one less eager fan to help promote her... nope, promo concerts where only fans are the target don't count, and her perezhilton and youtube skit don't either...

You're right. She is very lucky to be on the top of the charts right now with very little promo. Just imagine if she had appeared on all the shows like you know who. We'd be already celebrating her 13th #1

the sow !

L.A. Reid (co-head of Mariah's label) was quoted as saying "Madonna is making a huge mistake releasing her album at the same time as Mariah, Madonna hasn't had a hit in 10 years, as far as I know, Mariah is THE Diva, all the others are just DIVERS".

Janet Jackson is on the same label.

Discuss.

Guest Bad Robot

Imagine if you guys put this much energy into promoting little-known artists who could actually use the help and support to be heard.

Madonna's music is successful enough that if you enjoy it and buy it, that's plenty!

THAT'S RIGHT because we are fan

we love her no matter what she does.

I has nothing to do to be a fan, we're acting like mariah fans, at last that bitch does her part. I love Madonna, but if she doesn't care about a #1, why must we?. If she doesn't want to do promo for this song, we're wasting our time.

L.A. Reid(co-head of Mariah's label) was quoted as saying "Madonna is making a huge mistake releasing her album at the same time as Mariah, Madonna hasn't had a hit in 10 years, as far as I know, Mariah is THE Diva, all the others are just DIVERS".

Janet Jackson is on the same label.

Discuss.

4Minutes sales more than Touch My Bullshit . That is the truth.

What is the "hit" mean , more airplay, ohh that so stupid. :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

L.A. Reid is stupid and bigmouth. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

US HOT DIGITAL SONGS -

2 1 LEWIS*LEONA BLEEDING LOVE 223361 11 200614 1147964

1 2 MADONNA FEAT. JUSTIN TIMBERLAK 4 MINUTES 198427 -8 216751 644772

3 3 LIL WAYNE LOLLIPOP 189538 1 187756 706725

6 4 SPARKS*JORDIN NO AIR 153648 34 114320 1240374

7 5 RAY J FEAT YUNG BERG SEXY CAN I 125659 15 109010 799929

4 6 CAREY*MARIAH TOUCH MY BODY 122071 -28 169656 578192

5 7 USHER LOVE IN THIS CLUB 121384 4 116920 1027029

NE 8 DAUGHTRY WHAT ABOUT NOW 86074 999 919 159769

10 9 CYRUS*MILEY SEE YOU AGAIN 84517 22 69299 1290798

NE 10 UNDERWOOD*CARRIE PRAYING FOR TIME 65635 999 0 65635

surely 4M is considered a sizeable hit? 644,772 sales in 3 weeks???

BB is out of step surely re its compilation methods - even here in the UK they changed the way downloads are now counted immediately - to reflect what is actually being bought... :thumbsup:

Guest tir69
US HOT DIGITAL SONGS -

2 1 LEWIS*LEONA BLEEDING LOVE 223361 11 200614 1147964

1 2 MADONNA FEAT. JUSTIN TIMBERLAK 4 MINUTES 198427 -8 216751 644772

3 3 LIL WAYNE LOLLIPOP 189538 1 187756 706725

6 4 SPARKS*JORDIN NO AIR 153648 34 114320 1240374

7 5 RAY J FEAT YUNG BERG SEXY CAN I 125659 15 109010 799929

4 6 CAREY*MARIAH TOUCH MY BODY 122071 -28 169656 578192

5 7 USHER LOVE IN THIS CLUB 121384 4 116920 1027029

NE 8 DAUGHTRY WHAT ABOUT NOW 86074 999 919 159769

10 9 CYRUS*MILEY SEE YOU AGAIN 84517 22 69299 1290798

NE 10 UNDERWOOD*CARRIE PRAYING FOR TIME 65635 999 0 65635

surely 4M is considered a sizeable hit? 644,772 sales in 3 weeks???

BB is out of step surely re its compilation methods - even here in the UK they changed the way downloads are now counted immediately - to reflect what is actually being bought... :thumbsup:

yep if you take as an example Leona lewis , was nr 8 up to nr 1 down to 4 up to 2 and now 1 ( like a yoyo )

I wonder if US radio will turn its back on Mariah when she gets past her early 40s - how long off is that?

Mariah turns 40 Y.O. in March 2010.

Honestly, this woman is due for another precipitous downfall. Madonna's had two (Erotica and American Life), so there is no reason to believe Mariah doesn't have another one coming. And I can't wait...

Guest ercos

TMB might expect a surge this week as this is the release week of EMC.

btw, after listening to Bye Bye, EMC is officially TEOM Part 2!!!

Edited by ercos