4 Minutes around the World Sales Charts

Guest Hafo

Hung Up was really massive here... and both Sorry and Jump still are played at radio quite often :)

Thanks Hafo!!

#1 in Australia could be a stretch now, since Warners Australia don't ask ARIA to include digital sales in the chart for singles before the physical single is released (in the UK, all digital sales are included, but in Australia, tracks without a physical single release are only included in the main singles chart at the request of the record company). Normally this wouldn't matter too much, but since the track is available at iTunes for nearly a month before its physical release (something that Warners doesn't usually allow to happen in Australia), its first week chart sales won't be as big, since it will already have sold 10s of thousands of digital copies. What a massive shame.... :blink:

Thanks Hafo!!

#1 in Australia could be a stretch now, since Warners Australia don't ask ARIA to include digital sales in the chart for singles before the physical single is released (in the UK, all digital sales are included, but in Australia, tracks without a physical single release are only included in the main singles chart at the request of the record company). Normally this wouldn't matter too much, but since the track is available at iTunes for nearly a month before its physical release (something that Warners doesn't usually allow to happen in Australia), its first week chart sales won't be as big, since it will already have sold 10s of thousands of digital copies. What a massive shame.... :blink:

TBH I think Warners were more concerned about losing sales to illegal downloads once 4mins had leaked. So thats why the sent the song to radio early and released it digitally the next day. Like you say though what a massive shame.

UPDATE????????!!!

UPDATE??????????!!!

UPDATE!!!!????!!!????!!!????

No 1 in France

No 3 in UK

No 20 in Australia

No 5 in Ireland

No 1 in Sweden

No 2 in Denmark (Annie Lennox Why is no 1 ???)

Hafo, I checked out that chart generator thing for iTunes, but it won't generate any charts for me. Any tips? I'm sick of checking iTunes to see if the chart has changed when clearly, your source is much quicker :)

Thanks in advance! #11 after two days is a good sign!!! If Warners decide to chart it next week, it could debut in the Top 10 if it sells well enough digitally this week (not much chance of Warners doing that, though!).

Strange to see that the debut position is not the peak...like the old days.

It still could be its peak x

In our dream maybe :vanitybonet:

"You'll See... somehow... someway" ;)

Didn't "Sexyback" got to #01 after the Physical release and was not even TOP 10 when digital release was out? ;)

Guest likeadream

I'd like to know if there is a topic where one can find the total number of points that every M's single got according to Mediatraffic. Thanks in advance. ^^

There was one in the old forum but cannot find it :(

I have these since 1999:

Hung Up 8.698.000

Music 7.414.000

American Pie 5.746.000

Sorry 5.025.000

Don't Tell Me 4.994.000

Beautiful Stranger 4.573.000

Die Another Day 3.487.000*

The Power of Goodbye 3.182.000

American Life 2.887.000

Hollywood 2.796.000

What It Feels Like For a Girl 2.752.000

Me Against the Music 2.752.000*

Get Together 1.410.000

Jump: 1.234.000

---

These span over 2 chart years so not sure if these are the total points.