4 Minutes USA Airplay: Mediabase (part 1)

thebigham

Okay well then, what are the chances that 4 minutes will rise to the top 20 in airplay?

uhm POP airplay or HOT100 airplay?

POP airplay, she'll top 20 for sure next week... as for HOT100, still too early to tell, that's tough because there so many songs that get POP, RHYTHMIC & URBAN support at the same time....

Yeah but you guys are ignoring the fact that Mariah is her biggest competitor and is BEATING her in terms of airplay AND sales (so far), and promo.

So, how is Madonna going to hit #1 despite that mimi is beting her in everything?

Poor Janet. She only wishes she can rule the charts again. :demonic::demonic::demonic:

u have to remember that 4MINUTES is very very new to casual fans, some may not have heard of it yet... the video isn't out yet, and was barely promoted by the artist... YEAH we can only imagine JANET's reaction when she hears MADONNA & MARIAH are fiercely battling for the #1 spot in the HOT100....

Guest Puffy
u have to remember that 4MINUTES is very very new to casual fans, some may not have heard of it yet... the video isn't out yet, and was barely promoted by the artist... YEAH we can only imagine JANET's reaction when she hears MADONNA & MARIAH are fiercely battling for the #1 spot in the HOT100....

Mariah's Reaction: :queenbitch::goodbye::hand: :larz: :popcorn:

Madonna's Reaction: :shoot::lame::republican:

OUR reaction :comp:

Janet's reaction: :dazed::flop::rant::janetflop::pleasedie:

Michael Jackson's reaction: :electropop:

US media to Madonna reaction (hopefully): :callme:

Edited by Puffy

Guest Puffy
Mariah's Reaction: :queenbitch::goodbye::hand: :larz: :popcorn:

Madonna's Reaction: :shoot::lame::republican:

OUR reaction :comp:

Janet's reaction: :dazed::flop::rant::janetflop::pleasedie:

Michael Jackson's reaction: :electropop:

US media to Madonna reaction (hopefully): :callme:

America's SPLIT reaction: :whore: / :iloveyou:

Madonna to Marah on the next few weeks charts :bump:

Guest robingr
thanks, but i was also a dot alumnus with the same username, what was your nick then?

Yes it is doing very very well and she has real chances of being #1 in the HOT100 with this for the whole of April...

Sounds cool. Sorry, I don´t remember my username. I posted false lyrics to "Trick" there once and I was "Whatever" on Madonnatribe before I deleted my account, if that ring any bells :lol:

Ladies and Gentlemen Madonna is number ******1****** tonight Z100 NY 9@9 (Friday March 28th 2008)

9. Take A Bow -Rihanna

8. Run The Show - Kat Deluna

7. Shake It - Metro Station

6. Damaged - Danity Kane

5. Bleeding Love - Leona Lewis

4. Love In This Club - Usher

3. When You Look Me In The Eyes - Jonas Brothers

2. Break The Ice - Britney Spears (Jason Nevins Remix)

1. 4 Minutes - Madonna

Guest Puffy

Holy sh(t. When's the last time THAT happened? For real now. Maybe back with MUSIC? Did music even do that?

WOW.

Hopefully this becomes Madonna's 13th #1hit

Holy sh(t. When's the last time THAT happened? For real now. Maybe back with MUSIC? Did music even do that?

WOW.

Hopefully this becomes Madonna's 13th #1hit

Mariah and her team are preventing it... plus Madonna's team were so dumb to release the single before radio monumentum...

I think we could have a top.5... hopefully top.3

But if Madonna's team would have been smarter it could have been a potential #1... I can't really see that happen now...

I hope they prove me wrong though... could be so nice to see it actually become #1

Mariah and her team are preventing it... plus Madonna's team were so dumb to release the single before radio monumentum...

I think we could have a top.5... hopefully top.3

But if Madonna's team would have been smarter it could have been a potential #1... I can't really see that happen now...

I hope they prove me wrong though... could be so nice to see it actually become #1

:lame:

:lame:

Why am I surprised you think so??

Well.. sorry for being a little bit realistic...

anyway... why not go and bash the other ones who said the same thing before me...???

Or is it some kind of personal against me... because i'm defenetly not the first one who believes that she could have a #1 but well... they kinda fucked that chance up somehow...

anyway... why not go and bash the other ones who said the same thing before me...???

Or is it some kind of personal against me... because i'm defenetly not the first one who believes that she could have a #1 but well... they kinda fucked that chance up somehow...

ugh!

yes Warner always has their heads up their asses but they also cannot predict the future... wait two weeks, three weeks... you never know what is going to explode. we are all shocked 4M is even doing as well as it is. who could have guessed. just relax.

Guest Puffy

I think Madonna's chances for a #1, are realistic for the following reasons:

1)The song is TECHNICALLY ONLY A WEEK AND A HALF OLD. Every few years a new audience and generation buys and listens to music as well, so the GENERAL PUBLIC is STILL only BEGINNING to embrace this song. It was #1 on z100's 9 at 9 tonight (THE MOST IMPORTANT STATION IN THE COUNTRY, literally), SO this song is going to keep GROWING AT RADIO. AI and spins will keep increasing for a while now.

2)THe album hasn't dropped yet, the video hasn't dropped yet, the physical singles haven' dropped yet, and Madonna is only beginning her small radio staion calls promo now.

THIS IS WHY it's still to early to tell where it will chart, but if anything, this should prove that this single is still GROWING. It's only sure contender right now is Mariah, the other songs have ALREADY PEAKED, and Mariah's song is aready a tad bit older. Also, it's really not as popular, being that it didn't shoot up as fast as 4 minutes. Madonna also has justin and timbaland fans on this one.

So why count the song out? The next few weeks will be VERY VERY interesting, so just because it doesn't hit #1 let's say next week, doesn't mean that it ever wont. Perhaps MIMI won't hit #1 either. AND even if it does, it won't have the longevity. Mariah singles rise up and fall. Besides, her album is coming out on april 15th, this song and album are a bit EARLIER than madonna's. Madonna will peak AFTER mariah.

THE ONLY MISTAKE from Madonna's camp right now, is that they already released the song to radio in my opinion a week too early, and the i tunes single was made available aweek or two too early too.

THE TIMING might F8ck this up, but it's sill not totally botched.

It isn't.

Besides, Mariah can always bomb at Idol and present herself unfavorably on Oprah.

You guys have to look at both sides of the coin here.

Also this is NOTHING NEW from MIMI. Same formula since Butterfly, heck even earlier.

This is a totally new Madonna and the video will definitely help as well. The phyisical singles for sure will, and the album dropping will spike up sales as well, though hopefully it wont be too late to have the highest points.

At this point in time ANYTHING IS STILL POSSIBLE.

However if I were Madonna, I'd be doing ALOT OF US PROMO in the next few weeks,

which would be CRUICALLLLLLLLLL for her to hit #1 both with album and single, tho abum is more likelyto hit #1 than the single. Hell even American Lifehit #1. the album.

Also, radio airplay has to make bigger increases. This week it seems to not be gaining AS much, as it should but who knows.

ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.

MADONNA DO SOMETHING NOWWWWWWWW! YOu have a chance for a #1, don't BLOW IT. lol.

Edited by Puffy

That's the good thing.. That we don't expect a big hit with good airplay to be released in the next few weeks! Right? :confused: So the song will be in the top4-5 until the album release for sure... If Mariah had not a song out now Madonna would have been no1 for sure..

ANother question that I have, the next week after Madonna who is releasing an album? DO we have any chances to see her album being no1 for 2 weeks???

Guest harbors

Oh please. Madonna's team is f*king stupid. Do they really think the song itself will automatically reach #1 w/o any promotions? How long has Madonna been in the business? The bitch is supposed to know the rules better than anyone else, isnt she? Mariah is, on the other hand, working her fat ass off to promote her soon to be #1 single.

Guest Puffy

This is actually very exciting because the last time Madonna had a #1 album and single was with Music, and this time around, MAYYYYBE the same thing MIGHT HAPPEN. MAYBE.

The next few weeks like I said are cruuuuuuuuical, but Madonna and Warners don't really seem to be putting any effort into this.

Perhaps they didn't predict that it would have been as successful?

Seroiusly, why can't Madonna do a last minute Letterman/Leno add or something.

She needs to do something

Guest Puffy
This is actually very exciting because the last time Madonna had a #1 album and single was with Music, and this time around, MAYYYYBE the same thing MIGHT HAPPEN. MAYBE.

The next few weeks like I said are cruuuuuuuuical, but Madonna and Warners don't really seem to be putting any effort into this.

Perhaps they didn't predict that it would have been as successful?

Seroiusly, why can't Madonna do a last minute Letterman/Leno add or something.

She needs to do something

I mean she needs to do something NOWWWWWWWWWWWWW. Stop going out to bars with Guy, stop acting like you car more about your Manhattan property, I mean Jesus. Mimi IS busting her A off, and Madonna isn't making an effort at ALL. SHe did ALOT for music, ALOT for AMerican Life, hell she even did MTV and signings in NY. SHe did alot for Confessions.

NOW NOTHING!!! When will she start promo, after her 2nd or 3rd singles are released?

They must be stupid.

even more :lame:

You're certainly not the only one, but you're doing it constantly and to the point it's making these chart threads a fucking chore to read through. You're constantly being over-reactingly negative and whinging while nearly everybody else is thrilled with how extremely well this song is doing. And you still don't get it even when informative and SENSIBLE chart experts who know what the FUCK they're talking about try to rationally set you straight over, over, and OVER to no avail. Seriously, you need to relax and get a grip. I hope 3 days is enough.

Oh and I'm not done. Other hysterical chart poofs in this section better watch their step too. :americanlife:

Oh please. Madonna's team is f*king stupid. Do they really think the song itself will automatically reach #1 w/o any promotions? How long has Madonna been in the business? The bitch is supposed to know the rules better than anyone else, isnt she? Mariah is, on the other hand, working her fat ass off to promote her soon to be #1 single.

Madonna has had pleanty of success over her career where she did no promotion. A good song will sell itself, which is why Mariah has to bust her ass. Pre-orders are doing very well for Hard Candy at Amazon and Itunes while Mariah's album is moving slower. She HAS to. Madonna Can, if she wants to. And usually only does when there's a problem.

Guest Puffy

Ok you guys who COMPLAIN about the negativity are hypocrites as well! I don't see YOu guys responding to MY posts, which are positive, or havng anything positive to say yourselves lately, other than attacking the naysayers.

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

If you really hate the negativity ummmmm, ignore it, and post something positive maybe?

We should have a rant, whine, complain and gripe thread. I want to vocalize all my frustrations there.

Dude there is nothing to complain about Madonna is doing fantastic! A hot single that is storming the charts and was number 1 on the biggest radio station in the USA(not since Music!) Z100!

Guest harbors
Dude there is nothing to complain about Madonna is doing fantastic! A hot single that is storming the charts and was number 1 on the biggest radio station in the USA(not since Music!) Z100!

im not a dude. im a str8 woman. damn it.

EXACTLY!!!!

My thoughts exactly. What more can you ask for in terms of success from a 50 year old that has been in the business for 25 years. Her song is doing great business so far.

Ok you guys who COMPLAIN about the negativity are hypocrites as well! I don't see YOu guys responding to MY posts, which are positive, or havng anything positive to say yourselves lately, other than attacking the naysayers.

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

If you really hate the negativity ummmmm, ignore it, and post something positive maybe?

Well it's pretty obvious why people are skipping over your posts. :nocomment: I'm not going to ignore this forum being turned into a mess by histrionic chart loons who invest too much emotions into chart trivia. Would you like some time to calm down too? It can be arranged easily.

Guest Puffy
Well it's pretty obvious why people are skipping over your posts. :nocomment: I'm not going to ignore this forum being turned into a mess by histrionic chart loons who invest too much emotions into chart trivia. Would you like some time to calm down too? It can be arranged easily.

Well no offense, but you'd just be doing a typical diva-Mariah,stereotypical gay K*nt move by "arranging for me" a time out. And it's not like I'm going to bow down to authority,especially for not doing anything wrong to begin with.

I think the laws for the country as a whole, free speech, etc, are much greater than your little forum here, in which you seem to take SO much pride in running, and in this case, possibly abusing your power.

If you want to be a Hitler, go ahead. In the words of Madonna, to Letterman "it's YOUR karma." And I think I'd be the more noble person in this case.

However, last time I checked, this is a charts thread, and talking bout charts esecially the 4 minutes positions is indeed what this thread about is it not?

Besides if you really think that I need to "calm down" just by posting mere opinions, and not even negative ones at that,

there are so many bigger offenders than I

And besides, I can always create another name with other info and another account just like that so it's not like it matters or that anyone really cares what YOU think. Must you power-trip on the most mundane things, like this silly website forum? It's a celeb forum, not a Hilary vs Obama more serious forum, and judging from your 10,000+ posts, it would appear that yes, this is everything for you.

Quite sad really.

Edited by Puffy