4 Minutes USA Airplay: Mediabase (part 1)

thebigham

it doesn't make sense....seeing as it's a hot song...

with hot buzz....

i don't understand how it loses stations.....when it's the hottest song of the moment....

nothing else is competition.

u know it...i know it....they know it...he knows it...she knows it...

so the radio impressions are baffling to me ...anyway.

Guest Bad Robot
it doesn't make sense....seeing as it's a hot song...

with hot buzz....

i don't understand how it loses stations.....when it's the hottest song of the moment....

nothing else is competition.

u know it...i know it....they know it...he knows it...she knows it...

so the radio impressions are baffling to me ...anyway.

I wrote a long post already explaining this. Read the thread!!!!

Generally, please, before you ask questions, check to see if they've already been answered.

Guest Bad Robot
does not make sense....(regardless of your post) ...is what i'm getting at.

Sigh.

I wish we didn't have access to Mediabase and daily iTunes reports and all that now. Too many people seem to be utterly baffled by them all and consistently draw incorrect conclusions.

Basically, anyone here who is new or doesn't understand the numbers, look for posts from me, Holidayguy, thebigham, mtzlplk, Hafo, and possibly a couple others -- we've all been following the charts a long time and know what we're talking about, and I think if you asked any of the five of us right now, you'd hear all of us say "4 Minutes is doing really great."

Guest Puffy

Hi~! New here. But long time Madonna fan.

Okay, what are the REALITIC chances,percentage wise (0% to 100%) That 4 MINUTES actually hits #1 on the Billboard Hot 100?

For me a #1 is 10% unfortnately :thumbsdown:

top #5 is %60 :thumbsup:

but a top #10 is nearly guaranteed. :boxing:

There's NO way in hell she can beat Chris Brown/Usher, whoever else is up there now, is there?

I mean she's having a hard time beating Mariah :scared: , but so far this song is VERY NEW.

For those of us newbies who didn't read everything or don't know much about the charts, can you guys just explain quickly instead of asking us to scroll back, WHY the single slowed down alot in it's 2nd week, and if it's going to pick up the pace again?

from page 35

Let's say a song is increasing such that its aud imps are 0.2 more every day than the day before. On the first day it is at radio, its 7 day total will look like this:

0 0 0 0 0 0 3.0 = 3.0 total

On it's second day, it would be

0 0 0 0 0 3.0 3.2 = 6.2 total

etc. Each day you'd be seeing a weekly total that goes up by 3-4m.

6th day would be

0 3.0 3.2 3.4 3.6 3.8 4.0 = 21.0 total

On it's 7th day, it will be:

3.0 3.2 3.4 3.6 3.8 4.0 4.2 = 25.2 total

On the 8th day, you'll see:

3.2 3.4 3.6 3.8 4.0 4.2 4.4 = 26.6 total

Thus, at first it looks like you've slowed down dramatically (from +4.2m to only +1.4m), but in reality it's growing just as quickly as before, it's just that you are no longer comparing days with airplay to days with no airplay.

Does that clarify?

Guest Bad Robot
Hi~! New here. But long time Madonna fan.

Okay, what are the REALITIC chances,percentage wise (0% to 100%) That 4 MINUTES actually hits #1 on the Billboard Hot 100?

For me a #1 is 10% unfortnately :thumbsdown:

top #5 is %60 :thumbsup:

but a top #10 is nearly guaranteed. :boxing:

There's NO way in hell she can beat Chris Brown/Usher, whoever else is up there now, is there?

I mean she's having a hard time beating Mariah :scared: , but so far this song is VERY NEW.

For those of us newbies who didn't read everything or don't know much about the charts, can you guys just explain quickly instead of asking us to scroll back, WHY the single slowed down alot in it's 2nd week, and if it's going to pick up the pace again?

I'm sorry but we can't retype the same things over and over again for people. It's a lot easier for you to just look through the pages.

I'd say your %ages are fairly accurate.

25/3

AC - 4 (+1)

HAC - 205 (+12)

POP - 2897 (+206)

AAA - 2 (+0)

URB - 6 (+2)

RHY - 682 (+41)

Total Spin - 3796 (+262)

AI - 25.364 (+0.707)

*** Latin, RHY AC not included

I think a FAQ pinned thread is a great idea, like somebody else has suggested. Hopefully, this will help with the confusion and repetitive questioning from the chart newbies.

25/3

Latin - 0.063

RHY AC - 1.395

So the total - including Latin and RHY - is 26.759 M.

Is this still pretty good after 10 days at radio?

Hopefully the fact that LA KIIS seem to have made up their mind around playing it will have an impact on tomorrow's numbers.

Is Monday the last day for the HOT 100? Or is it Sunday? If 4 M manages somehow to reach at least 35 M by that time, that would be pretty good and then we only have to hope for the downloads to make up for the lack of airplay compared to the competitors.

Hi everyone. I'm newbie here too. Thanks in advance for your warm welcomes.

I spent a lot of time the last couple of days reading all the information provided by the senior members here and things are rather simple. What is reported as AIs for 4M is the 7-day total and NOT how the songs moves daily. 4M's airplay did not increase by 3 Millions every day last week as many people, including me, thought. Its average AI last week was 3.5 M per day while this week it has moved so far up to 4 Millions per day. In fact on Monday it had its strongest day so far with 4.3 Millions and yesterday was another strong day with 3.92 Millions. So it's definitely not slowing down (although it doesn't jump as fast as TMB either) but we can't predict what it's 7-day total will be at the end of the period that counts towards the charts. Hopefully around 30M.

I hope this helps. And if I'm wrong with my numbers above please correct me.

I'm optimistic 4M will sell more digital downloads this week than TMB but certainly not enough to put it ahead of it on Billboard's Hot-100 next week. It seems the strategy is to keep 4M in the Top-10 as long as possible (which is realistic) - not make it No 1 (unrealistic).

I think a FAQ pinned thread is a great idea, like somebody else has suggested. Hopefully, this will help with the confusion and repetitive questioning from the chart newbies.

:thumbsup: especially coz we are being flooded with newbies...

that's why we are also being flooded with questions that are unnecessarily prolonging this thread...

Hi everyone. I'm newbie here too. Thanks in advance for your warm welcomes.

I spent a lot of time the last couple of days reading all the information provided by the senior members here and things are rather simple. What is reported as AIs for 4M is the 7-day total and NOT how the songs moves daily. 4M's airplay did not increase by 3 Millions every day last week as many people, including me, thought. Its average AI last week was 3.5 M per day while this week it has moved so far up to 4 Millions per day. In fact on Monday it had its strongest day so far with 4.3 Millions and yesterday was another strong day with 3.92 Millions. So it's definitely not slowing down (although it doesn't jump as fast as TMB either) but we can't predict what it's 7-day total will be at the end of the period that counts towards the charts. Hopefully around 30M.

I hope this helps. And if I'm wrong with my numbers above please correct me.

I'm optimistic 4M will sell more digital downloads this week than TMB but certainly not enough to put it ahead of it on Billboard's Hot-100 next week. It seems the strategy is to keep 4M in the Top-10 as long as possible (which is realistic) - not make it No 1 (unrealistic).

see what I mean? another newbie...

anyways welcome to MNATION dim dear...

NEVER SAY NEVER... just 2 weeks ago only a handful is seeing HARD CANDY outselling E=MC2 and even 4 MINUTES outselling TOUCH MY BODY, now it's happening right before our eyes... we can just imagine the looks in the faces of MARIAH's camp right now...

In all honesty, I wish Madonna fans would stop comparing 4M's performance to Mariah. I think we should be happy enough that it's doing well regardless.

:thumbsup: especially coz we are being flooded with newbies...

that's why we are also being flooded with questions that are unnecessarily prolonging this thread...

here we go :vanitybonet:

http://forums.madonnanation.com/index.php?showtopic=17479

Guest Bad Robot
In all honesty, I wish Madonna fans would stop comparing 4M's performance to Mariah. I think we should be happy enough that it's doing well regardless.

Agreed.

No matter what, Mariah is going to do better on the charts right now than Madonna. Perhaps that will change by the 2nd or 3rd singles but at the moment it's not realistic to expect otherwise.