4 Minutes USA Airplay: Mediabase (part 1)

thebigham

US Radio Update

Allaccess.com and Mediabase, the leading radio monitor in America is already reporting that Madonna's 4 Minutes is the fastest growing song at CHR/Top40 as of March 20 2008 the track has received +1275 spins and is playing on 108 stations!

Madonna will no doubt make a spectactular entrance on the CHR/Top40 Airplay chart that all radio programmers get every Monday. Great news, but it's only the first week, and radio stations are notorious for letting a song fade if they think their audience isn't responding! So keep requesting the song!

Guest jamesshot

Any new stations add it?

I heard it for the first time on that new station here in Houston, 95.7. That station plays everything. Its crazy. I don't know its audience. Its new so I imagine its not that large.

She's doing well so far. Some people in this thread need to be sedated. :bad:

Will she be able to chart on the Hot 100 on airplay alone or will we have to wait to the following

week when downloads are added?

3/17/2008 4.113M AudImps 413 spins

3/18/2008 7.292M AudImps 802 spins

3/19/2008 10.350M AudImp 1246 spins

3/20/2008 13.762M AudImp 1734 spins

3/21/2008 17.341M AudImp 2236 spins

3/22/2008 21.316M AudImp 2825 spins

POP - 126 stations (from yesterday's 112, there are around 140+)

RHYTHMIC - 44 stations (from yesterday's 43, there around 100+ max)

HOTAC - 29 stations (from yesterday's 27, there are around 110+ max)

If Mariahs new song is going digital tonight at 1201..does that mean those first day sales will be for the Hot 100 this coming thursday? i have always thought the sales week started on a tue and ended mon,,if this is the case..will the "bulk" of her fans dwnld it on mon? which in return cound help Madonna who goes on sale tue for a better "jump" the following week?

When did they change the chart week? It always used to be Tuesday to Monday, hence all new releases being issued on a Tuesday so that they had a full week of sales in their first chart week.....

I think the Tues to Mon rule is for albums. Results for singles are usually available a day earlier if I remember correctly.

Anyway, I can't believe 4 Min may reach HU's peak airplay by middle of next week! :shock:

Guest Bad Robot

Sales has been Mon-Sun as long as I can remember.

Albums are released on Tuesdays because I think some stores were complaining about receiving shipments late when they were coming out on Mondays.

With digital sales being a lot easier to control they can release things on Mondays and take advantage of the full seven day period.

With digital sales being a lot easier to control they can release things on Mondays and take advantage of the full seven day period.

only, WBR is always slow at the game and decides to release it on a Tuesday still UGH :rant:

4M has a shot at debuting on the Hot 100 this week- if it debuts in the 50s on Hot 100 Airplay, it could see an entry at the lower region of the chart.

If a track is in demand, 6 days is a-plenty for sales. Just like albums have 6 days of sales in a reporting week. I don't know where people would get that the sales tracking period was ever anything but Monday-Sunday in the SoundScan era. The thing that changed at one time was mass merchants' tracking week- pre-late 1998, they had ended their sales weeks on Friday. But, then they changed it to Sunday, so everyone was on the same page- that's when Garth Brooks saw 1 million+ with his debut of Double Live.

3/17/2008 4.113M AudImps 413 spins

3/18/2008 7.292M AudImps 802 spins

3/19/2008 10.350M AudImp 1246 spins

3/20/2008 13.762M AudImp 1734 spins

3/21/2008 17.341M AudImp 2236 spins

3/22/2008 21.316M AudImp 2825 spins

3/23/2008 24.528M AudImp 3320 spins

POP - 128 stations (from yesterday's 126, there are around 140+)

RHYTHMIC - 46 stations (from yesterday's 44, there around 100+ max)

HOTAC - 30 stations (from yesterday's 29, there are around 110+ max)

4Minutes gained an astounding 2463 POP spins in a week... :shock:

It has more spins than USHER, MARIAH and that new RIHANNA song which was higher than 4M earlier, 51 spins in Z100 another :shock: er

Mariah is asking her fans to do just that, so yes. Let it run and turn the speakers down if you get sick of it :thumbsup:

Ha Ha.

I was thinking the same thing. I never closed the z100 stream window. I go to it sporadically every day to play the song. Most of the times I use itunes to listen to music. I figured I could turn the speakers off and just use my stereo to play cds as I play the stream over and over, while doing other things of course. I'm not gonna just stare at the computer and click on the play button every time the song ends. I figure after each song I listen to go back and click play.

Ha Ha.

I was thinking the same thing. I never closed the z100 stream window. I go to it sporadically every day to play the song. Most of the times I use itunes to listen to music. I figured I could turn the speakers off and just use my stereo to play cds as I play the stream over and over, while doing other things of course. I'm not gonna just stare at the computer and click on the play button every time the song ends. I figure after each song I listen to go back and click play.

Can you give me the exct link of the stream window please?

Guest FrozenLight

Woah, that is amazing!! Over 24 millions in 6 days!! Will this be "Music" part 2 chart wise??

If anything airplay is suggesting that people are responding well to the song...not to go overboard with estimates but I would think that it should reach "Die Another Day" airplay considering how the song been performing this week.