4 Minutes USA Airplay: Mediabase (part 1)

thebigham

Mimi'a asked the fans to do that? Can't say I'd be surprised- am sure she knows all the tidbits to get the song high on the charts! Wonder if the record label is having some sort of download contest- download "Touch My Body," and you may be able to do just that at a late-night, candlelight KFC dinner with Mimi, or somethin' enticing like that.

(sorry, I know I don't usually take part in the KFC jokes, but I couldn't resist in this instance. hehe).

:lmao:

Go, MADONNA, Go!

Actually, videos *do* have audience impressions (small as they are)- Mediabase has that info, and BDS does as well. Billboard compiles its Hot Videoclips chart by ranking videos based on impressions.

However, that info does *not* count toward the Hot 100.

And, RE streaming- audio streaming counts toward the Hot 100, not video streaming.

"Hung Up" reached its airplay peak in its 6th week on the Hot 100- bulleted at 42* on Hot 100 Airplay (26.8 million BDS audience). Madonna songs tend to peak in the 6th/7th week ("Music" and "Don't Tell Me" were exceptions)- though "American Life" didn't even get to the 6th week before it peaked.

So for Madonna it would be ideal to release a song to iTunes after the 5-6th week of release to radio? If that is the case, they fucked up this major...

So for Madonna it would be ideal to release a song to iTunes after the 5-6th week of release to radio? If that is the case, they fucked up this major...

Not really as the download peak for Hung Up was it's 4th or 5th week if I'm not mistaken... It peaked when the single and album come out ;)

Not really as the download peak for Hung Up was it's 4th or 5th week if I'm not mistaken... It peaked when the single and album come out ;)

wer r are the latest numbers? y arent out yet?

I dont think a couple of weeks' difference in the release of itunes will make an impact. If this song is to be a success it will be regardless of that.

All I can say is so far so good with regards to airplay.

wer r are the latest numbers? y arent out yet?

please call kiis fm and demand that they play 4 minutes, please we gotta do everything to step up the race...plsssssssssss

Actually: 5th and 6th week were Hung Up best download weeks:

Check this post where a while ago HolidayGuy gave a lot of info from the subject (download sales/peak):

http://forums.madonnanation.com/index.php?...10400&st=20

Remember that downloads growed a lot... bettween 300%/ 500% since 2005... which mean that the song will get a lot more downloads than Hung Up had... and keep growing day by day...

Actually: 5th and 6th week were Hung Up best download weeks:

Check this post where a while ago HolidayGuy gave a lot of info from the subject (download sales/peak):

http://forums.madonnanation.com/index.php?...10400&st=20

Remember that downloads growed a lot... bettween 300%/ 500% since 2005... which mean that the song will get a lot more downloads than Hung Up had... and keep growing day by day...

latest numbers please........................

I can't wait for the new numbers.... Look what happened yesterday

Every Saturday night, a syndicated radio show called "OPEN HOUSE PARTY" plays across 200 RADIO STATIONS in the US. "4 Minutes" made its debut there TONIGHT! They played the song TWICE, which is GREAT for today’s airplay... It's an imporant show. Please EMAIL your request - requests@openhouseparty.com - and let’s keep it going!!

From past numbers, OHP adds like 40 plays on the pop side- so it would be like 80- to a total. Some of the stations probably already are spinning 4 M (like WAEB in Allentown). But, hey, any exposure is good exposure. This program doesn't seem to be on the big-market stations, though.

RE the digital release- since M's peak audience is limited, it doesn't really matter when it's released. Especially these days, when digital sales numbers are up and down and up and down, depending on the week and promo.

I'll say that some out there are being very bold, saying the track could do 180K-200K in first-week sales. Who knows, really? iTunes consumers are pretty savvy, abnd if there is a front-page ad... wonder if both Madge and Mimi will have front-page adds. I imagine iTunes would want to capitalize on all this. haha

Yes, where are the new numbers? This is addictive... Hope one of the 13 users reading this topic shed some light...

PLS!!!

And let´s celebrate!!!

:birthday:

mediabase must be sleeping, we'll get the much-awaited updates very soon

wonder if both Madge and Mimi will have front-page adds. I imagine iTunes would want to capitalize on all this. haha

they should dedicate a MARIAH vs. MADONNA week this week... rabid fans will buy buy buy... :chuckle:

Guest Topaz Scorpio

Does Justin have loon fans? I imagine they will be buying massive amounts when the song goes on sale so that can only help.

As long as the song gets increased radio airplay then that will only make it more popular and then lead to more download purchases. I think it's only a necessity to have a huge surge of initial download purchases if it's a song that is destined to fizzle out at radio.

22/3

AC - 1 (+0)

HAC - 176 (+34)

POP - 2119 (+450)

AAA - 2 (+0)

URB - 3 (+0)

RHY - 521 (+102)

Total Spin - 2822 (+586)

AI - 21.295 (+3.954)

*** Latin not included

Can we start celebrating yet?

Also not included in the above is Rhythmic AC, where the audience is another 1m or so.

This should debut comfortably in the 60s on Hot 100 Airplay, maybe even 50s, depending on the next few days.

And, we know the gains will lessen in coming days, so no need for anyone to go into panic mode (though I do welcome the presence of Chicken Little).

I wouldn't pop open the bubbly just yet. Don't get me wrong- it's a very nice start for a near-50-yo white female on today's charts. :)

I wouldn't pop open the bubbly just yet. Don't get me wrong- it's a very nice start for a near-50-yo white female on today's charts. :)

Very true Holiday Guy.

How do you see the song doing on downloads? Its out on I Tunes in the US tomorrow isn't it?

Do you think there will be a surge of downloads in the first few days?

Like I said, I think iTunes users- and fans- are pretty savvy, so does it matter that the track's only officially been out for a week? Maybe not. 4M is only like 5m off the airplay peak of Britney Spears' "Gimme" single, and that opened with 180K or so (was out for a few weeks when it hit iTunes, but, no matter).

Another thing RE airplay- a big station like Z-100 already has spun the track 47 times in less than a week- that number probably will come down soon, and then, depending on things, could go back up. Not that there's not room for growth (the most-played track gets spin 80+ times a week), but too early for that much play, I'd think.