4 Minutes USA Airplay: Mediabase (part 1)

thebigham

Wow! In the first week it's almost getting to "Hung Up" airplay peak position! This will be HUGE airplaywise in US!

She will have a new TOP 5 for sure, it's now almost Oficial :D

Hope your right.

Guest Madlover033003
Actually, it was #7 last night, but the fact that it's on the list at all shows that it's at least getting requested and hopefully appealing to the audiance.

:dramatic:

Guest moboy
Please, help this poor Spaniard who can't understand very well USA charts. With those impressions and spins she's getting... is it going to be a good or a bad entry next week at the Hot 100?

It should have enough impressions in it's first week to debuted at the bottom of the Hot 100. I'm thinking in the 80's and then will have a major jump on it's second week.

It should have enough impressions in it's first week to debuted at the bottom of the Hot 100. I'm thinking in the 80's and then will have a major jump on it's second week.

NOPE, the airplay as of Tuesday was only 8M per BDS... That may not be even enough for a Bubbling Under debut... but until March 25, if the airplay follows the same trend, it can debut around #90-#100 in the HOT100...

Guest Topaz Scorpio
Videos you buy at iTunes do not count toward singles sales. And, yes, if remixes are released and are bought individually, absolutely they count toward singles sales.

Doesn't Itunes (or any other download site) have rules where it will only count ONCE for any version of the song you might purchase? For instance, if you buy 4 Minutes radio edit, then a few weeks later you buy remix A, then a few days after that you buy remix B, that it will only ever count the FIRST purchase you made? Since these download sites are account driven it could easily figure out whether you had already purchased a previous version.

I recall hearing something about this because people were wondering during COADF if they could buy every remix of Hung Up as individual purchases and have each one count towards her chart placement and I thought the answer was no.

That's if it's the same version- i.e. if you buy "single version," and then try buying the same one again. If there are 10 mixes of a track- say, 5 different full-length remixes and 5 edits of those mixes, that's 10 different purchases, and count 10 times.

Another example- say you by a track from an album, and it's Album Version- if there's an EP released with that same exact album version and you buy it, even that's considered a different purchase, since they both came from separate items. Only if you buy the exact same thing- from the exat same release- will the warning that you already purchased that item pop up.

So, if there's a digital single with several mixes, and you buy the single as a whole, does it count as one sale toward the single sales chart or several sales toward the digital sales chart?

it will be counted as one if you buy the whole single... that's why it's best to buy it separately...

Guest Bad Robot

Okay, because the misinformation train is back on track, some FACTS to get people less insane:

-DJs do NOT make playlists. Music directors at various radio stations determine the playlist. Ryan Seacrest likely has nothing to do with whether or not any songs get played.

-Requests RARELY matter. There was a time in the past where they did, but today, the combination of music directors, radio research, and insane fans sending thousands of requests online and over the phone to stations they don't even listen to (and often aren't even in their own state or country) have made radio stations completely disregard them. Yes, those of you who participate in online request-a-thons at tons of radio stations are a huge part of why those requests now mean nothing.

-Radio stations often build their playlists around audience call-out research -- they play snippets of songs to people randomly over the phone or sometimes online, and ask them to rate the songs. They check that against their target demographics and that influences their playlist. 4 Minutes came out 3 days ago. There has not been enough time to get much (if any) research and so stations that rely on this are likely hesitant until they hear results.

-Radio is NOT like sales at all -- it is very much a slow build. Not every station plays a song the first day it is available. Even huge songs start low and grow after that - over MONTHS, not a few days.

KIIS is almost undoubtedly waiting to see audience testing results and get a feel for whether their listeners will like the song. They know that when they get requests it's from batshit crazy fans who are not actual listeners, so that's not an accurate gauge for them.

Seriously people. PATIENCE. I have never seen this board go so far over the top completely insane over something that it is WAY TOO EARLY to draw any conclusions from.

Chill.

Okay, because the misinformation train is back on track, some FACTS to get people less insane:

-DJs do NOT make playlists. Music directors at various radio stations determine the playlist. Ryan Seacrest likely has nothing to do with whether or not any songs get played.

-Requests RARELY matter. There was a time in the past where they did, but today, the combination of music directors, radio research, and insane fans sending thousands of requests online and over the phone to stations they don't even listen to (and often aren't even in their own state or country) have made radio stations completely disregard them. Yes, those of you who participate in online request-a-thons at tons of radio stations are a huge part of why those requests now mean nothing.

-Radio stations often build their playlists around audience call-out research -- they play snippets of songs to people randomly over the phone or sometimes online, and ask them to rate the songs. They check that against their target demographics and that influences their playlist. 4 Minutes came out 3 days ago. There has not been enough time to get much (if any) research and so stations that rely on this are likely hesitant until they hear results.

-Radio is NOT like sales at all -- it is very much a slow build. Not every station plays a song the first day it is available. Even huge songs start low and grow after that - over MONTHS, not a few days.

KIIS is almost undoubtedly waiting to see audience testing results and get a feel for whether their listeners will like the song. They know that when they get requests it's from batshit crazy fans who are not actual listeners, so that's not an accurate gauge for them.

Seriously people. PATIENCE. I have never seen this board go so far over the top completely insane over something that it is WAY TOO EARLY to draw any conclusions from.

Chill.

:bow::bow::bow:

Thanks for the shot of commen sense Bad Robot! :thumbsup:

I read that 4 MIN is #43 on the airplay list chart and that many radio stations wait until a song enters the top 40 before they add it......I think thats what I read. Anyway, is there truth to that?

And I agree, bombarding the hell out of radio stations does not seem to work. Someone posted a comment at Drowned Madonna that a fan had called up 103.5 KTU and baggered them about not playing Madonna's new song cause he hadnt heard it yet, when in fact they are playing it. (I have heard it twice) So acting like that gets no one anywhere.

I read that 4 MIN is #43 on the airplay list chart and that many radio stations wait until a song enters the top 40 before they add it......I think thats what I read. Anyway, is there truth to that?

And I agree, bombarding the hell out of radio stations does not seem to work. Someone posted a comment at Drowned Madonna that a fan had called up 103.5 KTU and baggered them about not playing Madonna's new song cause he hadnt heard it yet, when in fact they are playing it. (I have heard it twice) So acting like that gets no one anywhere.

YIKES! I don't even do those Internet request forms anymore... I know they can track my IP and it's not from the US...

it's the new posters here that really needs to be reminded here that insulting DJs in their own sites must stop...

but what if it's the lambs doing it pretending to be rabid Madge fans?

YIKES! I don't even do those Internet request forms anymore... I know they can track my IP and it's not from the US...

it's the new posters here that really needs to be reminded here that insulting DJs in their own sites must stop...

but what if it's the lambs doing it pretending to be rabid Madge fans?

That could be it...

Chill.

When it comes to KIIS I wouldn't be so sure... allthough you have a point about patience...

but truth is when it comes to KIIS... they so far lie people who request the song in the face... here's a qoute from Drownedmadonna: "Our reader Madonnag2 reports that he talked to somone at 102.7 KIIS FM in Los Angeles, and they said they are not playing ''4 Minutes'' because no one is requesting and it's not going anywhere on the radio market. We all know that’s a lie!!!!"...

And it's NOT the first one that says the sam thing...

they are pretending people not are requesting it.... and they going around acting like people doesn't wanna hear it...

sorry... I don't know bout the rest... but KIIS LA really got some lame problem with Madonna...

So how do you mean we should react??? Because not requesting the song will just give them the right not to play it... and obviously requesting doesn't matter either because they don't give a fuck... and we are just "crazy fans"... unlike the other people requesting other songs all the time... they are just "normal"...

So nowdays you're a "crazy" fan if you request a song of Madonna... but requesting every other shit song is alright it seems...

I don't buy that... If Madonna wasn't on board and it was just J&T on the single they would have already added it on their playlist... or if Madonna was changed to Rihanna, Fergie or Mariah...

When it comes to KIIS I wouldn't be so sure... allthough you have a point about patience...

but truth is when it comes to KIIS... they so far lie people who request the song in the face... here's a qoute from Drownedmadonna: "Our reader Madonnag2 reports that he talked to somone at 102.7 KIIS FM in Los Angeles, and they said they are not playing ''4 Minutes'' because no one is requesting and it's not going anywhere on the radio market. We all know that’s a lie!!!!"...

And it's NOT the first one that says the sam thing...

they are pretending people not are requesting it.... and they going around acting like people doesn't wanna hear it...

sorry... I don't know bout the rest... but KIIS LA really got some lame problem with Madonna...

So how do you mean we should react??? Because not requesting the song will just give them the right not to play it... and obviously requesting doesn't matter either because they don't give a fuck... and we are just "crazy fans"... unlike the other people requesting other songs all the time... they are just "normal"...

So nowdays you're a "crazy" fan if you request a song of Madonna... but requesting every other shit song is alright it seems...

I don't buy that... If Madonna wasn't on board and it was just J&T on the single they would have already added it on their playlist... or if Madonna was changed to Rihanna, Fergie or Mariah...

I am sure that had it been Nelly Furtado, Justin and Timbaland, they would be playing the hell out of it. Of course, it doesn't take much to realize that 4 Minutes is a superior song when compared to last year's Give It To Me, which by the way I liked a lot.

Hopefully, other radio stations will prove that this is a song that people like and that they actually enjoy when it gets played on radio.

Its on TOP40/pop list. NOT OVERALL AIRPLAY LIST! SHE HAS ZERO AIRPLAY AT URBAN AND LOW IN RHYTMIC.

3/17/2008 4.113M AudImps 413 spins

3/18/2008 7.292M AudImps 802 spins

3/19/2008 10.350M AudImp 1246 spins

3/20/2008 13.762M AudImp 1734 spins

POP - 108 stations (from yesterday's 105, there are around 140+)

RHYTHMIC - 39 stations (from yesterday's 35, there around 100+ max)

HOTAC - 27 stations (from yesterday's 25, there are around 110+ max)

Steadily gaining more and more stations... DO NOT OVERDO YOUR REQUESTS PLEASE!

Chill.

AMEN.

Well, if she doesn't get the success she's expecting, then this will be a strange situation. Maybe it will be better, because she will forget USA for good and will record good songs for the rest of the world. Anyway, it's better to wait. The song has a strange catchiness on it, i don't like it a lot, but the chorus is in my head lots of times!

This is a HUGE and WARM welcome to Madonna in US. The song was only official released 5 days AGO!

I do expect a US #01 for Madonna with this AMAZING SONG!

Damn! Almost halfway to HUs peak in only 5 days. I wish the video would hurry the fuck up. That will help big time I am sure.

And as for Urban not playing her...Was the not to be expected? Besides, I dont think it was even sent to urban yet.