4 Minutes USA Airplay: Mediabase (part 1)

thebigham

It's funny - three friends of mine (all gay men) living in a house together (in San Jose, CA) fucking hate this song. In fact, they all think it is "garbage." :lol:

Maybe there are just some people who can't stand it? Maybe that is why KIIS isn't playing it - perhaps it's just the people who run the station. I don't believe any LAMB conspiracy.

THAT'S THE THING!!!

first they treat Madonna as some kind of c-list artist or some debutant with this whole "test song" thing...

then they don't give a shit even though it gets mostly positive comments and INDEED requests...

They said something like they didn't get enough requests to play... I think that is a BIG FAT LIE...

Why even bother having this test-page if they already decided not to support the track...??

my blood is beginning to boil... :rant:

It's funny - three friends of mine (all gay men) living in a house together (in San Jose, CA) fucking hate this song. In fact, they all think it is "garbage." :lol:

Maybe there are just some people who can't stand it? Maybe that is why KIIS isn't playing it - perhaps it's just the people who run the station. I don't believe any LAMB conspiracy.

Ehm...

and just EVERYONE loves the other stuff being played??

offcourse not EVERYONE will like it... just like not everyone likes everything else that is being played now...

I think that's an even more lame excuse... "oh maybe 3 people won't like it... let's not play it then"... then they shouldn't play ANYTHING at all... because there will always be people who like/dislike a song...

and yes Ryan is a LAMB... he runs the Madonna-test-site...

Well, big part of Madonnas success was the fact that 80´s USA were not liberal at all. Reagan, Bush ...

I mean the artistical USA... ehm... like the cultural part...

at least it seems more liberal...

I may be wrong... but it seems like there was some kind of artistic revolution going on...

and well... the 70's was even better...

I just feel like the whole US society have become more and more conservative lately...

I just feel like the whole US society have become more and more conservative lately...

CONSERVATIVE?!?!?!?! But you have all these explicit songs ruling the airwaves...

my blood is beginning to boil... :rant:

and it seems pretty hopeless too...

because over-requesting it doesn't help... yet they say that "not enough people request it"... so not requesting it will offcourse not help either because then it'll look like people really aren't interested...

Well we just have to wait and see... but will they not start playing it next week... then they will not play it at all it seems...

anyway :thumbsup: for Z100 for starting to support it... I hope they will continue to do that...

CONSERVATIVE?!?!?!?! But you have all these explicit songs ruling the airwaves...

you mean all the *beeped* out songs...

well that is also a sign of conservatism...

anyway those songs are there to make people stupid... because frankly they're just bunch of crap

It's hard to explain...

maybe it's not conservatism... but ageism...

I dunno... i'm getting confused... haha

Wow Zezwer, you are enthusiastic. You are not going to explode any minute, are you?

HAHA... I may even do that...

the thing is... aaaah... it's just soo unfair...

I mean there's no logic what so ever for them not playing it...

In Europe it would be crazy not to play a new Madonna song... and now she has like the super US smash in her hands with the right people... people wanna hear and all.. and some channels are starting to recognize people's will... exept for like KIIS FM LA... and some other... but that is a main channel... so it's important...

they treat her like some c-list artist with this whole test-crap thing... yet they don't wanna play it allthough most people are indeed reacting positive to it...

Please, help this poor Spaniard who can't understand very well USA charts. With those impressions and spins she's getting... is it going to be a good or a bad entry next week at the Hot 100?

Guest Madlover033003

Up to 19 spins a weekon Z-100, largest radio station in the USA! :thumbsup:

Top songs like Miley Cyrus and Leona Lewis are getting about 65-70 spins a week. Its a early for 4 mins, so its doing good so far!!!

Edited by HolidayGuy

Madlover- I merged your Z-100 post into this thread, as there's no reason to have a separate one- let's keep all things Mediabase in here. We may need to start a second thread once this one gets too long, but we'll deal with that when it comes.

Last thing I wanna see is a thread started for all the big radio stations, ya know?

Guest chicagobull
Please, help this poor Spaniard who can't understand very well USA charts. With those impressions and spins she's getting... is it going to be a good or a bad entry next week at the Hot 100?

IT will probably debut between 50 and 57 next week, an the week after it will zoom up pretty high because of downloads.

Its doing great,,,,way better than anyone expected it.

After 3 days is already number 43 in airplay alone......

WE should be celebrating right now....

IT will probably debut between 50 and 57 next week, an the week after it will zoom up pretty high because of downloads.

Its doing great,,,,way better than anyone expected it.

After 3 days is already number 43 in airplay alone......

WE should be celebrating right now....

When is the song digitally available in the US?

Thanks, maybe the Warners stratergy is to release to radio then digitally release the album version, then release the video, drip drip release the remixes a couple of weeks later then lots of promo to keep the momentum up?

Truth is that this is a shameful side of the America of today. Hopefully things will change after a Democrat goes back to the White House.

:lmao::lmao::lmao: Im sorry but I almost dont know what to say to this. Hopefully if a Democrat does take the White House they are more focused on getting us out of Iraq then whether Madonna is played on KIIS FM.

Wow! In the first week it's almost getting to "Hung Up" airplay peak position! This will be HUGE airplaywise in US!

She will have a new TOP 5 for sure, it's now almost Oficial :D