4 Minutes USA Airplay: Mediabase (part 1)

thebigham

I know it's not just because it's aimed at the US

but the song has two radio sweethearts on board (J&T)

It is in a genre that is working well on US radio in general

and it has hit written all over it... I mean it's not a shitty song or some half-attempt...

If it would have been shitty it would not have gone directly to a-list in Europe... even if Europe loves Madonna...

She is coming off huge success in Europe. Hung Up is one of her most successful global singles ever. They would have A-listed the sounds of her shitting into a bucket without question.

It's the opposite in America, where she hasn't had a huge radio hit since Music/Don't Tell Me, so if the song is going to be a hit, it is going to take a little bit of TIME. Like more than 2 days. Like regardless of who is on the single.

How bout it, BR? Some people...

Mimi's latest had a similar first couple of days at top 40, if I'm not mistaken. And that's all you reall ycan compare- M's not gonna get urban play, and she's gonna have limited rhythmic play.

Where is Chicken Little when ya need him?

if the song was #1 for 50 weeks you'd still say if was a flop because it wasnt # 1 for 51 weeks

Ehm no?

I never used the word flop... don't put words in my mouth...

you have to respect that my expectations may be higher than yours...

Guest flotando
Your stubborn insistence on baseless negativity is REALLY annoying and incredibly misleading.

+1

7.000 is good cause yesterday it was 4.000. If tomorrow it's:

-11.000: we will say it is impressive

-9.000: we will say it is good

-7.000: we will say the track is stuck

-5.000: we will say the track may be over

This is the way it works. Even #1 Billboard singles like Usher and Alicia Keys grew in 2000 step per day so WE MUST WAIT, but for the moment things are looking good.

Zezwer, let's do some math together, shall we?

This airplay is tracked over two days. Every other song it's up against has 7 days.

There's no way you can guarantee that it will continue to grow every day this week at the same rate, but if it were to do so, it would be gaining about 350-400 spins a day and around 3.5-4m audience impressions a day.

Let's multiply that times 7.

That's 2450-2800 spins with an audience of 24.5-28m in one week.

Which would mean almost reaching Hung Up's airplay peak in its FIRST WEEK alone.

Pop spins are increasing at about 250-300 a day, so that would be 1750-2100 spins in a week, putting it at around #28-25 on the Top 40 Mainstream chart and make it the fastest growing song at pop radio by a margin of 500-700 spins higher than the runner up.

Now there's no way to guarantee it will maintain this rate all week, but even if it falls a few hundred spins and a few million audience impressions below that, it will still be a very big debut.

Your stubborn insistence on baseless negativity is REALLY annoying and incredibly misleading.

This makes sense...

+1

7.000 is good cause yesterday it was 4.000. If tomorrow it's:

-11.000: we will say it is impressive

-9.000: we will say it is good

-7.000: we will say the track is stuck

-5.000: we will say the track may be over

This is the way it works. Even #1 Billboard singles like Usher and Alicia Keys grew in 2000 step per day so WE MUST WAIT, but for the moment things are looking good.

near 12,5 M tomorrow

madonnatribe

What the fuck you squawkin' about, Mattress? :) I didn't know ya being used rather than you was lame- and if you think it is, sawry, don't read da posts. :gent:

Barring a track that does better than usual (i.e. Music, DTM), M's tracks usually peak in their 6th-7th weeks (if they're received decently). Less if they're not (AL). What course will 4 take?

Guest Bad Robot

This is 100% completely incorrect. That's a weekly figure you're citing, not per day. I can't think of any song that has ever grown 14,000 spins per week!

Mediabase is WEEKLY.

And your scenario is actually mathematically impossible. For the next five days, it is IMPOSSIBLE for the audience impressions to go DOWN. Even if she got 0 every day for the next 5 days, it will still stay at over 7m. Why? Because Mediabase is WEEKLY. 2 days totalling 7.2 + 5 days totalling 0 still = 7.2.

Guest Bad Robot
Thanks, Bad Robot, for having the patience to explain all that!!!

:clap:

Thanks bigham (btw, happy birthday)!

I just hope other people reading can tell the difference between those who know how these things work and those that don't seem to understand it all. Sounds like Zezwer is getting it now tho hopefully!

Zezwer, let's do some math together, shall we?

This airplay is tracked over two days. Every other song it's up against has 7 days.

There's no way you can guarantee that it will continue to grow every day this week at the same rate, but if it were to do so, it would be gaining about 350-400 spins a day and around 3.5-4m audience impressions a day.

Let's multiply that times 7.

That's 2450-2800 spins with an audience of 24.5-28m in one week.

Which would mean almost reaching Hung Up's airplay peak in its FIRST WEEK alone.

Pop spins are increasing at about 250-300 a day, so that would be 1750-2100 spins in a week, putting it at around #28-25 on the Top 40 Mainstream chart and make it the fastest growing song at pop radio by a margin of 500-700 spins higher than the runner up.

Now there's no way to guarantee it will maintain this rate all week, but even if it falls a few hundred spins and a few million audience impressions below that, it will still be a very big debut.

I like this.

Thank you for taking the time to explain.

Do you think what Mtribe people predict for tomorrow (12.5 M) is realistic? If it does happen, would that be a major leap forward or nothing to be particularly excited about? Sorry if this is a stupid question. :shy:

Guest flotando
This is 100% completely incorrect. That's a weekly figure you're citing, not per day. I can't think of any song that has ever grown 14,000 spins per week!

Mediabase is WEEKLY.

And your scenario is actually mathematically impossible. For the next five days, it is IMPOSSIBLE for the audience impressions to go DOWN. Even if she got 0 every day for the next 5 days, it will still stay at over 7m. Why? Because Mediabase is WEEKLY. 2 days totalling 7.2 + 5 days totalling 0 still = 7.2.

You're right. Except 7 million per 2 days is incorrect. Part of it comes from first 5 days, remember?

And when talking about Usher and Alicia Keys growing 2000 per day I obviously was not talking about spins but audience impressions (in thousands).

I like this.

Thank you for taking the time to explain.

Do you think what Mtribe people predict for tomorrow (12.5 M) is realistic? If it does happen, would that be a major leap forward or nothing to be particularly excited about? Sorry if this is a stupid question. :shy:

No, that wasn't stupid at all. I am still learning how the radio charts work. After all I only bother to learn about it whenever a Madonna lead off single is released and everytime the radio is slightly different.

I think it is realistic, but really anyone can make similar predictions.

example: Day after tomorrow can be 17 M.

Guest Bad Robot
You're right. Except 7 million per 2 days is incorrect. Part of it comes from first 5 days, remember?

And when talking about Usher and Alicia Keys growing 2000 per day I obviously was not talking about spins but audience impressions (in thousands).

The amount coming from the first 5 days is from about 60 spins totalling around .5m audience impressions.

I'm not sure why you'd think "2000 per day" would "obviously" refer to audience impressions, when audience impressions are universally referred to in the millions.

from Madonnalicious

Madonna's 4 Minutes is top add to US radio

AllAccess.com and Mediabase, the leading radio monitor in America have stated that Madonna is already has the most added single of the week, 47 stations to be exact, including the important large markets.

Rank is by market size:

1)New York Z100

3)Chicago WKSC

8)Atlanta WSTR

9)Wash. DC WIHT

10)Boston WXKS

11)Detroit WKQI

12)Miami WHYI

15)Phoenix KZZP

16)MInneapolis KDWP

17)San Diego KHTS

XM Radio

Sirius Satellite

Other radio programmers have this report on their desk and will no doubt follow the others and add Madonna as well!

Thanks to Micheal

Guest Bad Robot

I'm getting surly! Y'allz making me surly!

Anywho I think I'm going to put down the educate the masses shtick for the moment and just say "things look good!" That's all we really need to say now...

Guest flotando

I don't think 13 is the number of requests but the number of spins in the last week! But it is only my opinion... I'm sure everyone has received more than 13 requests....

[Destiny's Child]Question -[/Destiny's Child] Why are we even comparing her to Mariah? Mariah is a huge radio favourite in the USA. Madonna hasn't been for years. They're just not on the same level at all.

You stupid idiotic fags are ruining it all for us. "4 Minutes" is getting good US reception so far (mainly because of Timbaland and Timberlake) so it looks like for the time being her plan has worked. Let us enjoy it and not compare her to Mariah who is just way above and beyond her in that level.

Fucking stupid idiot queens.

from Madonnalicious

Madonna's 4 Minutes is top add to US radio

AllAccess.com and Mediabase, the leading radio monitor in America have stated that Madonna is already has the most added single of the week, 47 stations to be exact, including the important large markets.

Rank is by market size:

1)New York Z100

3)Chicago WKSC

8)Atlanta WSTR

9)Wash. DC WIHT

10)Boston WXKS

11)Detroit WKQI

12)Miami WHYI

15)Phoenix KZZP

16)MInneapolis KDWP

17)San Diego KHTS

XM Radio

Sirius Satellite

Other radio programmers have this report on their desk and will no doubt follow the others and add Madonna as well!

Thanks to Micheal

#16 is KDWB not "KDWP"

FROM jeffreykee / Madonna Movement:

"4 Minutes" Most Added on Top 40 Mainstream

Mediabase reports the Top Adds on Top 40 Mainstream format and "4 Minutes" leads the pack with adds on 47 stations across US!

47 MADONNA - 4 Minutes To Save The World

21 RIHANNA - Take A Bow

18 RAY J/YUNG BERG - Sexy Can I

17 JESSE MCCARTNEY - Leavin'

9 LEONA LEWIS - Bleeding Love

8 CRAIG DAVID - Hot Stuff

8 FERGIE - Finally

8 NATASHA BEDINGFIELD - Pocketful Of Sunshine

7 DANITY KANE - Damaged

6 FERRAS - Hollywood's Not America

6 TAYLOR SWIFT - Our Song

6 THE LAST GOODNIGHT - Stay Beautiful