4 Minutes USA Airplay: Mediabase (part 1)

thebigham

Guest Madlover033003
I doubt an Nsync fanbase included anyone smart enough to make such a program.

Anway I wish I still had it so I could show you what it was like.

I'm sure at least some people who will read this thread know what I am talking about though.

i remember that! :lol:but i remember the auto-voter was stopped before the video retired. the number 1 retirement was all fan work with the auto-voter :D

i remember that! :lol:but i remember the auto-voter was stopped before the video retired. the number 1 retirement was all fan work with the auto-voter :D

I remember voting every single day for HU, several times a day.

Guest Azelover
I must say that I'm worried though.

I know 4 Minutes will be a big hit in the US but...

Warner Brothers screwed up the release and might have ruined her chances at a US #1.

4 Minutes should have been offically added to radio right after the crap french radio leak.

The song is getting a good amount of airplay so far but the song is being released to US iTunes the same day as MOOriah's song which has been on radio for over a month.

One can only hope Usher's single is stong enough to block MooMoo from #1 until her song fades and Madonna can take over the #1 slot!

I'm sorry but you're setting up unrealistic expectations, and I think that's bad.

It will be wonderful if it tops at #11, it's a hit if it enters the Top 40 and i'll be happy about that, but #1? I don't even know what to say to that. I know miracles exist, but I'm not exactly counting on one and neither should anybody.

Did anyone mention this yet??? I just read that 4 MIN made its debut on Z100s top 9 countdown tonight at #8!!!!! That is HUGE considering the fact that I dont think HU ever made their night time countdown.

I remember clicking a button on a program on my computer and getting in over 10,000 votes a day for the video before I shut my computer down at night. :demonic:

Well that's just a tad disheartening. I thought Madonna had actually hit a chord with MTV's younger crowd. That explains why other TRL Queens like Mariah Carey & Kelly Clarkson actually had albums that sold 3-5 million copies to go along with their #1 TRL videos. I always wondered why Madonna only sold 1.6 million of COADF despite having 2 #1 songs on TRL.

I'm sorry but you're setting up unrealistic expectations, and I think that's bad.

It will be wonderful if it tops at #11, it's a hit if it enters the Top 40 and i'll be happy about that, but #1? I don't even know what to say to that. I know miracles exist, but I'm not exactly counting on one and neither should anybody.

Unrealistic???

Hung Up hit #7

4 Minutes is much more US Radio aimed than Hung Up was AND there is an extra built in huge fanbase for the song because of Timberlake and Timbaland.

It's not unrealistic to say that 4 Minutes has a shot at #1 in the US(although Warner did kind of hurt the song's chance at #1)

That explains why other TRL Queens like Mariah Carey & Kelly Clarkson actually had albums that sold 3-5 million copies to go along with their #1 TRL videos. I always wondered why Madonna only sold 1.6 million of COADF despite having 2 #1 songs on TRL.

Madonna's sales had nothing to do with TRL. It had to do with radio only giving a luke warm reception to HU and ignoring the rest. If HU, Sorry, GT, and Jump had been played 24/7 on the radio like Kelly's and Mariah's songs i am sure Confessions would have sold much more.

Well that's just a tad disheartening. I thought Madonna had actually hit a chord with MTV's younger crowd. That explains why other TRL Queens like Mariah Carey & Kelly Clarkson actually had albums that sold 3-5 million copies to go along with their #1 TRL videos. I always wondered why Madonna only sold 1.6 million of COADF despite having 2 #1 songs on TRL.

Maybe it is a little sad BUT...

The fact that that little application got Hung Up to #1 helped encourage more Madonna fans to actually vote on TRL which did really help Sorry.(because there was not voter program for Sorry)

And it probably helped the album sell a few thousand more copies in the US than it would have if not for the success on TRL.

Look at it that way.

Unrealistic???

Hung Up hit #7

4 Minutes is much more US Radio aimed than Hung Up was AND there is an extra built in huge fanbase for the song because of Timberlake and Timbaland.

It's not unrealistic to say that 4 Minutes has a shot at #1 in the US(although Warner did kind of hurt the song's chance at #1)

How did they hurt the song's chance at #1? Ofcourse they wont do payolla.

How did they hurt the song's chance at #1? Ofcourse they wont do payolla.

I already explained.

They should have let Radio play the song right after the French radio leak weeks ago.

They hurt the song by not letting enough airplay happen before people can purchase the song.

The song was offically released to US radio March 17th and will be able to be downloaded March 24th from iTunes in the US.

Just a quick note for those who can't remember:

Hung Up airplay peak in US was #42... it didn't even reach TOP 40 airplay! And if I'm not mistaken the other Confessions singles didn't even hit TOP 100 airplay chart... By the way... week it peaked airplay was not the same week it peaked sales.

If this song makes it TOP 40 airplay and sells at least the same Hung Up did on the peak week during that TOP 40 airplay ride it has a very good chance of being TOP 5.

Just also remembering the most forgotton that ALL Madonna confession singles HIT #01 on the BILLBOARD HOT 100 SINGLE SALES CHART (I know this only tracks the physical singles sales but even though is a feat!)

My forecast is a TOP 3 HIT with a very good chance of being #01... it only depends on airplay now... but I do believe radios will play this song as they are very into Timberland and Justin.

But how high would it chart on the airplay before the sales is counted? US radios need more than 1 week for that to build up.

I already explained.

They should have let Radio play the song right after the French radio leak weeks ago.

They hurt the song by not letting enough airplay happen before people can purchase the song.

The song was offically released to US radio March 17th and will be able to be downloaded March 24th from iTunes in the US.

"Hung Up" downloads peak were the week of the album release and the previous week when physical single was released. By releasing the song to radio right now it's airplay peak should be around the same weeks. I think they are just going for a #01 with this... at least the download, physical singles and airplay peaks seem will be all at the end of April/beggining of May... so that's concentrate chart points to get a #01 for our lady with an Attittude!

3/17/2008 4.113M AudImp 413 spins

3/18/2008 7.292M AudImp 802 spins

It's looking really really good...

Really nice!! Let's be confident. We have more than a month until the album release. The video will help very much!! It might sound silly but now with youtube the videos are very important again!!! You can see hit songs having more than 50 m. views. Can I ask something? That means that only yesterday we had 802 spins?? Or both days together?

Edited by Jasonakos

Really nice!! Let's be confident. We have more than a month until the album release. The video will help very much!! It might sound silly but now with youtube the videos are very important again!!! You can see hit songs having more than 50 m. views. Can I ask something? That means that only yesterday we had 802 spins?? Or both days together?

I think it's being compared from 7 days ago...

uhm... there are now 96 Pop stations on board for this song... from yesterday's 79 stations... there is still a lot of room peeps for the first week growth...

Guest newyorkbound
:vogue::boxing::thumbsup: Has anybody been reading the mediabase charts?? This song is gonna be HUGE!! All of the larger markets are joining aboard the Hard Candy era. Kudos and All Hail The Queen!!!

:vogue::boxing::thumbsup: Has anybody been reading the mediabase charts?? This song is gonna be HUGE!! All of the larger markets are joining aboard the Hard Candy era. Kudos and All Hail The Queen!!!

Its fantastic news, I just hope the song doesn't peak to soon and run out of steam. Warners need to release the video now

URB - 1 (+1)

RHY - 84 (+69)

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

I tought this was supposed to be M's HIPHOP song? Then why only pop stations are interested? Even Rhytmic is hesitant. and I know the add date for URBAN is next week...

I agree with them, Madonna is not believable hiphop artist. She sounds forced and white as snow. Mariah on the other hand sounds natural ghetto.

SO GHAYS, FROM NOW ON LETS CONSIDER 4 FETUS AS PURE POP SONG, AND FORGET THE SILLY RNB, URBAN HIPHOP!!!

URB - 1 (+1)

RHY - 84 (+69)

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

I tought this was supposed to be M's HIPHOP song? Then why only pop stations are interested? Even Rhytmic is hesitant. and I know the add date for URBAN is next week...

I agree with them, Madonna is not believable hiphop artist. She sounds forced and white as snow. Mariah on the other hand sounds natural ghetto.

SO GHAYS, FROM NOW ON LETS CONSIDER 4 FETUS AS PURE POP SONG, AND FORGET THE SILLY RNB, URBAN HIPHOP!!!

URBAN is just not open to MADONNA, regardless, so this is to be expected

3/17/2008 4.113M AudImp 413 spins

3/18/2008 7.292M AudImp 802 spins

It's looking really really good...

POP - 96 stations (from yesterday's 79, there are around 140+)

RHYTHMIC - 31 stations (there around 100+ max)

HOTAC - 23 stations (there are around 110+ max)

URB - 1 (+1)

RHY - 84 (+69)

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

:fuckoff:

Did anyone mention this yet??? I just read that 4 MIN made its debut on Z100s top 9 countdown tonight at #8!!!!! That is HUGE considering the fact that I dont think HU ever made their night time countdown.

Here are the remaining songs from last night Interactive 9 @ 9

9. No Air - Jordin Sparks

8. 4 Minutes - Madonna

7. Love In This Club - Usher

6. Shake It - Metro Station

5. Touch My Body - Mariah Carey

4. Break The Ice - Britney Spears

3. Take A Bow -Rihanna

2. When You Look Me In The Eyes - Jonas Brothers

1. Bleeding Love - Leona Lewis

KIIS is still dissing the track... they have som serious problem with M..

Anyway... it starting looking decent..

4M needs more push in LA & Chicago though...

everywhere else too offcourse...

KIIS FM LA is a big problem though... leave a request comment on their 4M page... but act neutral... which means you are not a madonna fan just a person who likes the song...

Wednesday AM Update:

#52 on Mediabase Top 40:

http://www.mmr247.com/mmrweb/AllAccess/Cha...ear=y&dpt=n

820 spins total. 7.292 million a.i.:

http://www.mmr247.com/mmrweb/Reports/Reg/E...7&NumDays=7

Mariah is at #8 on Top 40. The #7 song is 1500 spins more than TMB. Mariah's bullet is only 599 so she may be stuck at #8 for a few weeks.

Seriously, those who get HOT 97 am I joking here? Even the DJs sound like they are two seconds away from busting caps in someones ass. Crazy.

Though I must say, way back in the day HOT 97 played nothing but dance and freestyle music. Those were the days. Ahhhhhhh.

I know, it's like hell froze over. It was so strange hearing that thugged out guy talking over 4 minutes screaming MADONNA, JUSTIN, TIMBALAND. Hopefully they play it more. Only Madonna, a white woman thats 50 years old, who has been around forever, has the power to do that!

I had completely forgotten that Hot 97 was a dance station back in the day. Hec mentioned it too. It was the best! I remember being so mad as a kid when they got rid of it. Freestyle music= BEST EVER!!

4M is about to pass:

Hollywood: ~8 million.

Already passed:

Sorry: ~7 million

Jump: ~5 million

GT: less than 1 million

Let's see if she can pass:

WIFLFAG: ~33 million

Hung Up: ~32 million

American Life: ~26 million