4 Minutes USA Airplay: Mediabase (part 1)

thebigham

I gotta say, that +2463 spin increase at pop alone is the biggest I think I've ever seen on Mediabase. There have probably been bigger jumps but I'm not sure what!

Not bad for her worst ever lead single!

So what are the chances it goes top 3?

Brissy Boy is 4 Mins available on I Tunes in Portugal yet?

Yes... at least it says it exists and asks if you want to buy it... but not into the TOP 10 yet...

The radio is also picking it up slowly. They usually pick songs slowly... as you can see on our airplay chart:

http://top40-charts.com/chart.php?cid=20

I only heard it on the radio twice and both on the same radio station. Usually radios only play tracks more close to album releases and even labels want them to do so as ilegal download is far, far, far superior to legal one and singles are almost dead here... I think only Fnac have a few... and I really mean a few.

99% of my CD Singles I buy them in UK/GERMANY/FRANCE/SPAIN or on the web at Amazon(.com and .co.uk) or HMV ;)

Sad but true...

But don't worry as Madonna is a goodess here and she will certainly be TOP 5 airplay... hopefully #01 ;)

And as for downloads... people buy more music for the mobile phones here than legal downloads for computers :)

As for the album... The Confessions Tour was #01 for 3 weeks on the charts and I think that says it all... Hard Candy will be #01 for sure! (Bedtime Stories peaked #02 here and that was an hard time for her carreer here also) :D

With all this info I dont understand can someone say if it can peak in the top 5?

Im not chart expert, but I think a top 5 for Madonna is in the bag. I dont know why but I really have this gut feeling that the first week of downloads is going to be alot more than what people in here have been predicting.

Im not chart expert, but I think a top 5 for Madonna is in the bag. I dont know why but I really have this gut feeling that the first week of downloads is going to be alot more than what people in here have been predicting.

:thumbsup: Thanks, all these numbers and charts confuse the fuck out of me. Needed it in plain english!

I have a good feeling about the single as well!

With all this info I dont understand can someone say if it can peak in the top 5?

All I can say, digital single plays a very important role.

If radio like KIIS not supporting her, you'll have to buy the song to help her chart.

In order to stop TMB, 4M must have 80K more downloads than TMB i.e. if TMB gets 120K, 4M must have at least 200K.

Guest jamesshot
yes deary... it already received 51 spins last week and almost in their top 10... it's KIIS that is ignoring it now... they are in the 16 POP station minority...

Mtzl baby-what stations are the hold-outs? ( I am sure KRBE Houston is one of them).

In 2003, everyone predicted DAD would open big like 80K or more but at the end, only 20K+ sold.

I saw on the first page that there are links for Top 40/Rhythmic/Urban.I didnt go thru all of the pages but here are the links for Hot AC and Rhythmic AC in case they haven't been posted...

Hot AC

M is at #49

Rhythmic AC

M is at #37

In 2003, everyone predicted DAD would open big like 80K or more but at the end, only 20K+ sold.

Well that was a pretty absurd prediction considering the singles market was dead at that time a itunes was not around.

Guest Madlover033003

OMG! Z100 adds 4 Minutes to their playlist at number 13!!! :dramatic: its getting more spins than Mooriah! When was the last time this happened?!

3/17/2008 4.113M AudImps 413 spins

3/18/2008 7.292M AudImps 802 spins

3/19/2008 10.350M AudImp 1246 spins

3/20/2008 13.762M AudImp 1734 spins

3/21/2008 17.341M AudImp 2236 spins

3/22/2008 21.316M AudImp 2825 spins

3/23/2008 24.528M AudImp 3320 spins

3/24/2008 24.657M AudImp 3534 spins

:dramatic::dramatic::dramatic:

POP - 125 stations (from yesterday's 128, there are around 140+)

RHYTHMIC - 41 stations (from yesterday's 46, there around 100+ max)

HOTAC - 22 stations (from yesterday's 30, there are around 110+ max)

oh my, the number of stations playing it is dwindling... :dramatic::dramatic::dramatic:

yes!!!!!!! One of then is mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:chuckle: I figured... but don't fret just yet everyone... we all know this is to be expected... modest gains will come back...

:chuckle: I figured... but don't fret just yet everyone... we all know this is to be expected... modest gains will come back...

CAN SUM1 PLS TEL ME THAT ITS OK...PLSS

WHAT HAPEND?IS THAT REALLY OK?

Guest ercos
am i hearing screams?

yes, cant believe either that the song's AI has suddenly slowed down or reached saturation. maybe it was a setback from a very strong week.

theres hope of course as the week is just beginning

yes, cant believe either that the song's AI has suddenly slowed down or reached saturation. maybe it was a setback from a very strong week.

theres hope of course as the week is just beginning

so are we just gonna watch and sit down about that,,we gotta stand up and keep promoting it to everynone..family, relatives, friends...

i hope it does well more..lets pray..

Guest ercos
I gotta say, that +2463 spin increase at pop alone is the biggest I think I've ever seen on Mediabase. There have probably been bigger jumps but I'm not sure what!

_________

actually yes, 4M will have the highest debut in the Pop categories this week in BB