4 Minutes USA Airplay: Mediabase (part 1)

thebigham

4 Minutes is almost a hit in stations like z100

it's already #18 in that station, about to pass Touch My Body tomorrow and even Usher's latest...

Z100 is indeed supporting it...

it would be great if KIIS start supporting it next week... if other Rhythmic stations will also go on board... the gains may be sustained until the 2nd week of airplay... then when it comes big news that MADONNA attains her 37th Top 10 hit by April 2, it can further sustain airplay gains... then of course the APRIL 7 video release...

y'all better brace yourself as early as now for the monday update... it may not be as huge as this 3.5M audimp a day increase... but seeing that there are still 30 stations not spinning the song, it may sustain it until early next week... I predict 27M by end Tuesday...

What usually happens at the weekend? Does airplay drop off a bit and then pick up again on Mondays?

And where the fuck is the video? Warners and Gut Oseary if you read these forums DROP THE FUCKING VIDEO NOW!

What usually happens at the weekend? Does airplay drop off a bit and then pick up again on Mondays?

And where the fuck is the video? Warners and Gut Oseary if you read these forums DROP THE FUCKING VIDEO NOW!

an APRIL 7 VIDEO release is quite ok really... especially if you want to build up momentum for the song... then if the remixes are released to iTunes on APRIL 15, the sales will be sustained and we might be seeing a prolonged TOP10 stay for 4Minutes until after a week or two from the album's release... by then she's already in EUROPE..

thanks dear Nix... :inlove:

an APRIL 7 VIDEO release is quite ok really... especially if you want to build up momentum for the song... then if the remixes are released to iTunes on APRIL 15, the sales will be sustained and we might be seeing a prolonged TOP10 stay for 4Minutes until after a week or two from the album's release... by then she's already in EUROPE..

thanks dear Nix... :inlove:

Does video airplay count towards audience impressions?

YES!

How exactly that happens?:S It depends on the music channels?? Let's say, Hung Up for example that had strong support from MTV how many millions had from MTV?!

that's a big station... good sign...

Yes!:) I don't know guys if you noticed something... But in some big pop stations like Kiss fm Boston, q100 Philadelphia etc.. Mariah Carey is very low!Like they are tired of her!:p

Yes!:) I don't know guys if you noticed something... But in some big pop stations like Kiss fm Boston, q100 Philadelphia etc.. Mariah Carey is very low!Like they are tired of her!:p

hopefully

...forget what i just said about Q102 only playing it at night...it was just played at 11:30 am...i'm already feeling a sense of accomplishment esp over the sense of dismissal that was abound during the Hung Up time period

Guest Bad Robot

Video play does not count towards audience impressions.

Mediabase tracks video plays but I don't think they have audience impressions associated with them, and I don't think they're included with BDS (which is what Billboard uses).

Really big jump today! Very exciting!

Guest harbors
Video play does not count towards audience impressions.

Mediabase tracks video plays but I don't think they have audience impressions associated with them, and I don't think they're included with BDS (which is what Billboard uses).

i think video play does count.

forget what i just said about Q102 only playing it at night...it was just played at 11:30 am

YEAH!!! That is a BIG station! They have not played anything by Madonna since her MUSIC days I think.

it really is, when was the last time MADONNA experienced 2 consecutive days of gaining 500 spins...

probably during Die Another Day or even Music...

Guest Bad Robot
i think video play does count.

No, I'm fairly certain it does not.

There isn't really a way to calculate audience impressions via video play. Also, video play can be much more easily "bought." You could just buy a half hour of paid TV time and play the same music video over and over again -- I don't think you can do something like that on the radio.

There's a chance I'm wrong but I highly doubt it.

Can anyone confirm either way?

Finally good news!!!!! I really hope that some radiostations simply were waiting to see if the song was going to be a hit or not and now they jump in the bandwagon and support the song!!!!!

Finally good news!!!!! I really hope that some radiostations simply were waiting to see if the song was going to be a hit or not and now they jump in the bandwagon and support the song!!!!!

yeah... let's hope those 32 more Pop stations and around 60 more Rhythmic give it a spin next week... if that happens we'll see continuous gains for the 2nd week...

i was actually under the impression that video streaming on certain sites counts towards the new billboard rules. could be wrong, but i believe it only counted for a minimal percentage (5 %) or so...not sure where i heard that

Actually, videos *do* have audience impressions (small as they are)- Mediabase has that info, and BDS does as well. Billboard compiles its Hot Videoclips chart by ranking videos based on impressions.

However, that info does *not* count toward the Hot 100.

And, RE streaming- audio streaming counts toward the Hot 100, not video streaming.

"Hung Up" reached its airplay peak in its 6th week on the Hot 100- bulleted at 42* on Hot 100 Airplay (26.8 million BDS audience). Madonna songs tend to peak in the 6th/7th week ("Music" and "Don't Tell Me" were exceptions)- though "American Life" didn't even get to the 6th week before it peaked.

Miami's no1 hit music station WHYI fm is crazy!!! They played the song at 8:41pm 9:30pm and 10:18pm!!!OMG! 3 times in less than 2 hours! :dramatic::thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks for the good news. Let's hope other stations will do the same. But for now everything looks very good!

Mimi'a asked the fans to do that? Can't say I'd be surprised- am sure she knows all the tidbits to get the song high on the charts! Wonder if the record label is having some sort of download contest- download "Touch My Body," and you may be able to do just that at a late-night, candlelight KFC dinner with Mimi, or somethin' enticing like that.

(sorry, I know I don't usually take part in the KFC jokes, but I couldn't resist in this instance. hehe).