4 Minutes USA Airplay: Mediabase (part 1)

thebigham

Guest harbors
Can someone please post the request link for all major radio stations?

very good idea :thumbsup: . I think we should have a separate thread for it in the Madonna new album section.

Great start for Day 1!

take note people, this is just DAY 1 of 4M... the update yesterday was too delayed that it was able to capture the early spins of 4M... 413 spins in its first add date is very very good... and it's not even added at Urban yet (not that it will help much though, just saying)... I did notice the slow gain in Rhythmic, is it also officially to-be-added to Rhythmic stations next week, like Urban?

i thought it was today

u have to love u nutty madge fans

first the release is tomorrow than next week

get real

:rolleyes: some other poster here gave me the impression that 4M wasn't released yet in Urban formats... I didn't bother checking if it was true, so I was asking bytch

I hope KIIS-FM LA will start playing it more often.

Although they had only played twice, it had already gained an impressive 0.182m AI as compare to KMXV-FM which had played 4MTSTW for 13 times, only generated 0.137m AI.

^ I'd say so, being that it's just been 1 DAY.

And, really- does anyone actually think urban radio will support anything by Madonna? Me not. Even rhythmic may be more limited than initially thought. But, we'll see on the latter.

I hope KIIS-FM LA will start playing it more often.

Although they had only played twice, it had already gained an impressive 0.182m AI as compare to KMXV-FM which had played 4MTSTW for 13 times, only generated 0.137m AI.

They had a whole day playing it and they played it just twice...

It looks like HU history is repeating itself when it comes to KIIS

the rest looks a little more promising...

still only 5 plays on Z100 in more than just one day... hmm

I know i'm pessimistic... but you can all look at the numbers yourself... it's not that promising... the amount of channels added it is decent... but some major channels (like KIIS) seems to already hanging up on it... I mean if they really wanted to support it they would...

I know i'm pessimistic... but you can all look at the numbers yourself... it's not that promising... the amount of channels added it is decent... but some major channels (like KIIS) seems to already hanging up on it... I mean if they really wanted to support it they would...

what exactly do you expect? 5000+ spins in 24 hrs? jesus fuckin christ...give it a fuckin chance!

TMB

If you look at the link for TMB it only has 56 spins in LA ( and it's lost 2 since last week) and 45 In NY. That isn't too red hot considering the song has been out for a month now.

Ok, 4MTSTW is a mega flop.

You can leave this thread now before more posters start to explode.

But the point is that madonna went this route to get play in america and it did not work.Thank god the other songs sound like madonna songs so europe will embrace it.Fuck the dirty azz pathetic ghetto radio stations

You're right!

Ok, 4MTSTW is a mega flop.

You can leave this thread now before more posters start to explode.

I am not leaving... and don't come with that "I am forum God" attitude... "I censor whoever I want bla bla bla"...

I am not doing anyone harm and i'm not jumping on anyone... now let me have my opinion and you can have yours...

I actually think it's doing pretty well. I think there is always going to be some initial resistance to Madonna at U.S. radio simply because she's been around so long. However, the word of mouth on the street seems to signal that this will be a huge hit for her - one way or another. It may not hit #1 in the U.S., but I think it is going to be a huge driver for first week album sales. :thumbsup:

what exactly do you expect? 5000+ spins in 24 hrs? jesus fuckin christ...give it a fuckin chance!

I am... i'm not gonna be naive though..

I don't expect 5000+ spins...

but maybe more than 2 spins on a major radio station...

Do I expect too much? Well if that is the case... how can this ever be a radio hit then if 2 spins is too much?...

Maybe I really want Madonna to have a success with this song... afterall the whole point with it was to regain some of that lost US success... so am I stupid to worry about it then? If the lead single fails then what was the point with this whole project and direction then? Personally I like this direction... but i'm not stupid... I know why she did it in the first place so...

I am... i'm not gonna be naive though..

I don't expect 5000+ spins...

but maybe more than 2 spins on a major radio station...

Do I expect too much? Well if that is the case... how can this ever be a radio hit then if 2 spins is too much?...

Maybe I really want Madonna to have a success with this song... afterall the whole point with it was to regain some of that lost US success... so am I stupid to worry about it then? If the lead single fails then what was the point with this whole project and direction then? Personally I like this direction... but i'm not stupid... I know why she did it in the first place so...

- no...you arent giving it a chance

-apparently you do expect too much because you've already labeled the song a flop and failure after one day at radio.

-i dont believe you want her to have success as you've continually demonstrated by your constant negativity

-we know why she went in this direction too. we're not stupid either

noone is being naive. your just not giving the song a chance. by the way, mariah has 45 spins in NY for a week which breaks down to 6.42 spins per day. M had 5 spins in one day. She's not far behind. who knows if the song is gonna be a hit or not. in any case all you've done is call the song a failure after 1 day which in my book makes you a flop fan!

-i dont believe you want her to have success as you've continually demonstrated by your constant negativity

....in any case all you've done is call the song a failure after 1 day which in my book makes you a flop fan!

SOOO not true...

I was never against this direction nor the single in the first place... while alot of other people where against it I was happy with it and I like the song...

If you read older posts then you will see that I am one of those who defended this project and direction from day 1!

If that makes me a flop fan that I may be worried how it'll be received... then i'm a flop fan then...

SOOO not true...

I was never against this direction nor the single in the first place... while alot of other people where against it I was happy with it and I like the song...

If you read older posts then you will see that I am one of those who defended this project and direction from day 1!

If that makes me a flop fan that I may be worried how it'll be received... then i'm a flop fan then...

you HAVE defended this project since day one. of course, once the song was released you abandoned it and called it a failure after 1 day!

Guest Bad Robot

Is it worth having a thread that is devoted solely to the numbers? This thread is going to get insane quickly.

Zezwer, you're basically ignoring the advice of people on here who have each been following the charts for over a decade. If you think you're more of an expert than folks like me, HG, bigham, Hafo, etc., then you're welcome to your opinion, but seriously -- one day and you're drawing conclusions? You're not making yourself look like the brightest bulb.

We're all excited but it's going to be a couple of weeks or maybe a month before we will have a good indication of what's happening at radio.

no...you're wrong. it only got 413 spins in one day. it's a flop! radio wont play it. they hate it. she should pull the song from radio,cancel the single,burn the video, and she should run away and hide under a rock.

:demonic:

Is it worth having a thread that is devoted solely to the numbers? This thread is going to get insane quickly.

Zezwer, you're basically ignoring the advice of people on here who have each been following the charts for over a decade. If you think you're more of an expert than folks like me, HG, bigham, Hafo, etc., then you're welcome to your opinion, but seriously -- one day and you're drawing conclusions? You're not making yourself look like the brightest bulb.

Ehm... I never said i'm a chart expert of any kind...

Anyway everyone are making their own conclusions... even those people you point out too...

I never said though I knew "better" than anyone else... I just made my own conclusions... so that's it...

you HAVE defended this project since day one. of course, once the song was released you abandoned it and called it a failure after 1 day!

Simple answer... no...

I'm not even answering to that...

I like this new song and want it to succeed in the market it was mainly meant for...

I'm not writing anymore about the subject anyhow... because only one type of conclusion is aloud anyways...

I hope you're all gonna be right though... that this will have some radio support in the US... let's wait and see...

yeah...it is worth having a thread devoted to numbers. some people do actually care if the song does well and are willing to give it a few weeks before deciding wheither it's a flop or not!

yeah...it is worth having a thread devoted to numbers. some people do actually care if the song does well and are willing to give it a few weeks before deciding wheither it's a flop or not!

Gosh... I never used the word "flop"... i'm not that dumb... I know that a song needs some weeks at least to be known whether it's flopping or not...

I think you misunderstood my concern from the start...

I just meant that how it is recieved may be an indication of what may come... but not that it HAS to be so..

In for instance Europe this song is already a A-listed song on most major radio channels... but I guess the radio works in different ways... I just don't see that "special treatment" in the states... while other songs got it...

So there you have it... call me whatever... that was my whole point

and the main reason is that I care if it does well or not...

WOW!!!!! the song flopped so hard that she crashed the mediabase site. it isnt working now and the quickcut isnt either! bad Madonna! :demonic: