4 Minutes USA Airplay: Mediabase (part 1)

thebigham

Apparently Power 106 (urban station) debuted it yesterday and cut off the song by 1.5 minutes because they were disgusted by it. :confused: But then it's not very likely urban stations will embrace the song.

I really don't like to sound this way, but I must call it as I see it. Perhaps if Madonna were a few shades darker and a few years younger they wouldn't be "disgusted" by it. I NEVER foresee urban radio embracing Madonna no matter who she works with.

I really don't like to sound this way, but I must call it as I see it. Perhaps if Madonna were a few shades darker and a few years younger they wouldn't be "disgusted" by it. I NEVER foresee urban radio embracing Madonna no matter who she works with.

URBAN stations can shove their audience impressions up their arse...

Apparently Power 106 (urban station) debuted it yesterday and cut off the song by 1.5 minutes because they were disgusted by it. :confused: But then it's not very likely urban stations will embrace the song.

If they were disgusted by it, then why did they even bother to play it? No radio station plays music that they hadn't already heard beforehand.

If they were disgusted by it, then why did they even bother to play it? No radio station plays music that they hadn't already heard beforehand.

Who cares,

Probably so they can do what they did and make it a big DRAMATIC thing... :dramatic:. They NEED to be playing Janet's stuff she needs all the help she can get right now!!

I don't understand why the single went to France radios so much in advance. Now everybody already knows the song and there is no more anticipation or curiousity.

Everybody = Madonna fans...

the general public still don't know about it

for future reference since people will ask here a ton of times what audience impressions means and how the Hot 100 formula is currently tabulated ...

Last year Radio & Records was merged into Nielsen BDS, which Billboard uses. So, there is no longer a distinction between R&R and Billboard in terms of the radio panels used. R&R/BDS are a radio measuring system whereby each time a song is played, the number of people listening to the station at that time is documented. The number of listeners for each time a song is played is then added together to get "impressions" (i.e. how many people have heard a song in a week). Keep in mind it doesn't measure how many separate people have heard a song since many people hear a song more than once during a week. This information is calculated on a weekly basis and correlates to the airplay charts Billboard uses to determine the Hot 100 and other charts. The Hot 100 Airplay chart uses a Wednesday-Tuesday airplay week, while R&R uses a Monday-Sunday week. Billboard uses a Monday-Sunday week for the Hot Digital Songs chart.

The airplay figures we post from Mediabase are not the same as the BDS figures and thus, the number of impressions reported from Mediabase and the chart positions determined by it may be different from the actual numbers and positions on the Billboard charts. However, the Mediabase figures make for a good estimate on a song's airplay performance in a given week.

Questions often arise about how the Hot 100 is tabulated. Here is the formula:

Sales are divided by 10

(so 100,000 downloads sold = 10,000 chart points)

Impressions are divided by 10,000

(so 100 million impressions = 10,000 chart points)

Streamings are divided by 500

(so 50,000 streams = 100 chart points)

In common terms, 100,000 downloads is equal to 100 million impressions

What were the peak audience impressions for the COAFDF singles?

Hung Up - 26.86million

Sorry - 7 million

GT - less than one million

Jump - 5.089 million

Thanks to Holidayguy for filling in the missing stats!

Sounds made up. Urban stations wont touch it anyway. They can stick to playing such classics like Soldier Boi.

botoxic at Pulse:

Total Spins: 53

6 at HotAC

19 at Pop

20 at Rhythmic

8 at Latin

Total Impressions: 496,000

38,000 at HotAC

224,000 at Pop

177,000 at Rhythmic

57,000 at Latin

New Stations Yesterday:

KHJZ Houston

WBTS Atlanta

WKQI Detroit

KDWB Minneapolis

KTTB Minneapolis

WFKS Jacksonville

KKWD Oklahoma City

bigham-

Sorry's BDS peak was around 5.5m or so (Mediabse, I think it was 7m+). For "Jump," it may have been 5.4m or so Mediabase- BDS, not sure, but when the total's tat small, can't be that far off.

HU's Mediabase peak was around 31m, but BDS, yah, was around 26.8m.

I'm afraid this will flop in the US...

It doesn't seem to be that popular...

also Mariah is now going up more again... because they did some more payola now when they saw Madonna released her new single to radio

^Thanks.

This is the original thread for USA airplay.

The other thread was for airplay around the world.

The other thread has been renamed "leaked version" and will be closed in a day or 2, unless it can be merged in thsi thread.