4 Minutes USA Airplay: Mediabase (part 1)

thebigham

Goodie, I like Mediabase threads... those are courageous stations though... they played the bootleg right? do you think WBR already asked them not to play it again? It would be bad if people keep hearing the bootleg one... if these plays go on, WBR should send it to radio immediately

oh my Rhythmic stations are now also playing 4M.. I guess the bootleg...

this has got to stop, it will only give a bad impression of the song... give the HQ now...

Oh boy! I hope it can pass 1m aud impressions!!!!! *crosses fingers* :p

:chuckle: it will still be very interesting to watch 4M's airplay... Timbaland and Timberlake is on board and those two are radio darlings... let's see if the MADONNA boycott will far outweigh the T&T

Speaking of radio play rumors, this was posted by Hustler on Pulse:

"On B96, which is the "hits & hip-hop" station. I missed it, but the djs were talking about it. They played it as a love it or hate it kind of thing, and said w/in 10 minutes 60% of respondents online said they loved it. They wanted to play it again but said in that 10 minute period they already got a response from her record label that if they play it again they'll be sued. Mind you, the fact they played it at all is a good sign; I think they played HU only a handful of times shortly after it was released, and nothing else from COADF. That reaction is promising though; this could end up being a big hit for her. "

No, they still need to hold it back.

Mariah and Usher are still gaining in airplay.

Agree!

They need to wait 3 weeks and then wait another 3 wks maybe till it can be digitally released...

I am not in a hurry... I can wait... I want this to be a success... that's why

Guest harbors
Madge's airplay ain't gonna get anywhere near Usher and Mimi- meaning, she's unlikely to be a contendah for No. 1 on the Hot 100, so WB may as well just do it already.

:thumbsup: AGREED.

I don't think she'll go #1, but even with a Hung Up mediocre level of airplay she can get huge sales and still very easily go top 10 and probably top 5 on the Hot 100. Release the single for sale when airplay is about to peak. Though I think with those 2 Tims and some of the hype that this has been getting that she'll get double the audience that Hung Up peaked with.

Guest Bad Robot

There's no reason to hold back the digital single very long. A couple weeks of airplay and then a digital release makes sense -- generally lead singles peak in sales the same week the album comes out anyway, which is probably around when 4M would be peaking in airplay.

I don't think suppressing digital singles is a very wise move generally... I think the record labels just screw themselves out of sales every week a song is held back. There may be a slightly higher initial week total but I think long-term they lose buyers who opt to find the song free online instead before it's on sale.

I agree that top 5 for this song should not be a problem but what are people's thoughts on the potential for it to get to No.1?

It all depends on how long the Usher and Mariah tracks stick around with their massive airplay, which I'm afraid will be for some time to come yet. I haven't even heard the Usher track, and I have no craving to look for it. I highly doubt Madonna's airplay will reach Usher/Mariah levels, but if she can somehow pull in massive digital sales in one week then it's possible. Perhaps a 49 cents digital sale price will help? ;) I think it has a solid chance of squeezing in the Top 3, but I'm not counting on #1.

It has to be the combined powers ot MADONNA/TIMBALAND/TIMBERLAKE fans to make this a #1 hit... what MADONNA needs to do is get a 125K to 150K lead in downloads to her #2 rival... those 125k-150K download lead can offset the airplay lead of USHER or MARIAH (which is getting good airplay in heavyweight formats TOP40, Rhythmic and Urban)

I'm 100% confident this will do better than HU in airplay and sales, so it should definitely peak higher. My prediction is Top 5. However this is still MADONNA we are talking about, I'm not really counting on a number one. The DJ's are too fucking biased, that probably hasn't changed too much. HU they could kind of get away with ignoring a bit because the style wasn't exactly typical Top 40 fare and the general public find Euro-pop/dance music cheesy and for gay people....I know that sounds ridiculous, but it's true. I really think this one will legitimately be liked by more people so they will have no choice to play it. No way it will have Mariah/Usher numbers though...lol....not in a million years! I haven't felt this confident in a Madonna song doing well on the Hot 100 since hearing Music for the first time, although I didn't think it would hit number one either.

I think this could have went #1 if it wasn't for Mariah/Usher being out at the same time... esp if she got Justin to make the promo rounds with her and actually performed the song. This song is made for the US and Timbaland hasn't fizzled out quite yet as a hitmaker. She would have been an easy #1 with this last year when he was REALLY hot.

I'll go out on a limb and say it will reach #3