US Chart Talk: 3/15/08

thebigham

It is- but, the item of greater note is how disappointing the first-week sales were to begin with.

But, even if it is the third consecutive disappointment, anything is possible at any time, so let's not cast her off to the has-been pile just yet.

Guest Bad Robot

Janet's problem is just her utter lack of authenticity... I do like much of her music, but 20 years ago she seemed to actually have a message and something she stood for. Now, it's just... well, what is there in her personality or her music that you can really connect with beyond potentially a good beat?

I think 3 strikes are enough to pretty much seal her fate, I don't think she's going to genuinely come back.

Janet's problem is just her utter lack of authenticity... I do like much of her music, but 20 years ago she seemed to actually have a message and something she stood for. Now, it's just... well, what is there in her personality or her music that you can really connect with beyond potentially a good beat?

I think 3 strikes are enough to pretty much seal her fate, I don't think she's going to genuinely come back.

:(

She's my second favorite diva of all time and I REALLY do enjoy this album. I hope the tide turns for her somehow, but it does look pretty dire. It seems she will never be forgiven for the SB incident.

Guest Bad Robot

I don't think any of this has anything to do with the Superbowl.

She's just had really bad singles, and when the singles are good, they are very niche-sounding. "All Nite" and "Feedback" are both very good but both kind of electro-poppy dance tunes that don't typically fare well at radio. "So Excited" was good, but unfortunately the utter blah of "Call On Me" was chosen as the lead single and I think radio just wasn't willing to give more songs a chance.

:chuckle:

I wonder how long will it take to break the 500,000 mark :1251:

:grr:

:lmao: You mean worldwide yeah? Cause I dont think I will break the 0.5 mark in the US

I mean in US.

Now now, let's be nice... :chuckle:

:(

She's my second favorite diva of all time and I REALLY do enjoy this album. I hope the tide turns for her somehow, but it does look pretty dire. It seems she will never be forgiven for the SB incident.

As I have said before, I dont think you can blame the SB incident..... Janet's fans arent what I would call prude, look at her videos!

Her last albums arent good at all and radios arent playing her music anymore...

I didn't care for anything on 20 Y.O. I do like "Feedback," and a few tracks sound OK on the new album. But, still, a far cry from the best work.

"Feedback" is seeing an increase at top 40- there's excitement because it's reached 2m audience again at the format. lol