The Official UK Charts Thread

Guest Hafo

I'm not sure 4 mins will have that much airplay gain next week, i've heard it less and less on the radio since it came out and 'most' of the public haven't liked it to much either, and i'm sure vid won't inflence much, and physical is gonna be £3.49, not many people will pay that price xx

I'm not sure 4 mins will have that much airplay gain next week, i've heard it less and less on the radio since it came out and 'most' of the public haven't liked it to much either, and i'm sure vid won't inflence much, and physical is gonna be £3.49, not many people will pay that price xx

Just what we need another doom monger.

This song will be top 3 possibly number 1.

Just what we need another doom monger.

This song will be top 3 possibly number 1.

I'm no doom monger lol, if it goes top 3 i'll eat humble pie, but i won't need to, i loves 4 mins, but it won't get hihger then 4 unless the video is the best thing ever :vogue: xx

Some people on here are OVER REACTING ALREADY. 4mins has had 6 days of airplay and only been on sale digitally for 5 days and its already top 4

in the midweeks. That is pretty IMPRESSIVE. The Madonna camp HAVEN'T EVEN STARTED the PROMO yet. This song will be a BIG possibly MASSIVE hit.

True, but what promo is she doin, she really needs to go on some 'popular' shows, like 'Ant and Dec's saturday night take away' every song on that recently has got a huge boost xx

Well the mini concert in London has yet to be announced, she will have a couple of tv shows lined up, there is the Q and Elle magazine

interviews not mention the possible tour annoucement.

I am pretty sure the promotion they have got lined up will be revealed in the next week or two. Make no mistake Madonna wants 4 mins to be a HIT.

We should be CELEBRATING THE FACT that a woman 25 years into her career has released a song that only been available digitally for 5 days and its heading for the top 4. It is absolutely brilliant. How many OTHER artists could do that? Look at ALL the HYPE AND PROMO Kylie had with 2 FARTS and she could't even get into the top ten.

This song will surely be a much bigger hit than Hung Up was... It will be her bigger hit so far in her carreer... you can write this down ;)

This song will surely be a much bigger hit than Hung Up was... It will be her bigger hit so far in her carreer... you can write this down ;)

Can any song be bigger than Hung Up????

Edited by Jasonakos

Can any song be bigger than Hung Up????

This one ;):thumbsup::boxing:

"Hung Up" was really massive worldwide... very dance... very abba esque...

But this song as something special... the message... the superstars colaboration... the last first single from a WARNER album... everyone will put extra effort for this to become a bigger hit... plus... this one will be a much bigger Hit in US where in 1 week will hit the "Hung Up" airplay peak ;)

In UK it's more difficult for this song to be bigger than "Hung Up" but I do believe it will be bigger ;)

Guest SuperPop

:megamanson:

everyone will put extra effort for this to become a bigger hit... plus... this one will be a much bigger Hit in US where in 1 week will hit the "Hung Up" airplay peak ;)

we don't see any effort on WBR and MADONNA's camp... for now

the only ones making effort in making this big are her loyal fans...

i really want to crucify WBR and MADONNA right now...

* rant over *

Chill, mtzlptk! Obviously promotion this week was never part of their schedule. It will all work out OK :thumbsup:

You're right :thumbsup:

This week they were just sending the song to radios worldwide and having an effort stations would start playing it... and you can look at the airplay chart worldwide and see that effort there ;) There was never other kind of promotion planned... the promotion must come after the song is a TOP 10/20 airplay Hit too help it raise that chart... and after the album being on sale as their main aim is selling albuns, not tracks or singles alone.

Most songs sent to radio won't get the top 100 airplay chart anywhere in the world on first week... except there is a big effort from the label behind it ;) Of course fans matter but we can't make it alone...

we don't see any effort on WBR and MADONNA's camp... for now

the only ones making effort in making this big are her loyal fans...

i really want to crucify WBR and MADONNA right now...

* rant over *

I wonder if Warners and Madonna's camp have been caught out a bit and did not expect 4mins to "take off so quickly" especially

in the US. Just a thought .....

I wonder if Warners and Madonna's camp have been caught out a bit and did not expect 4mins to "take off so quickly" especially

in the US. Just a thought .....

HU was #1 on UK downloads for 7 weeks. Let's give 4M some more minutes to grow ;)

This week top 5, next week #1. Deal?

^ You comparing with M' biggest success in the UK and Europe, aiming too high I think.This song is aimed to the US, no doubt it will be a hit in Europe too, but not to the same extent as HU

^ You comparing with M' biggest success in the UK and Europe, aiming too high I think.This song is aimed to the US, no doubt it will be a hit in Europe too, but not to the same extent as HU

Justin Timberlake got a UK #01 from his last album that also sold more than 1 million copies in Europe... I'm sure there are fans... plus Timbaland fans too... this will put what it needs to make it an Hit from "Hung Up" size... and don't forget the so much antecipation this record is having in Europe... probably a lot more than elsewhere with newspaper covers talking about it... she is on the newspapers and magazines in almost every single number that is printed...

Question- I see Leona's "Bleeding Love" is still at or near the top of the Euro singles chart. Wasn't this like No. 1 in the UK MONTHS ago? I would have thought it was a smash all over Eueope around the same time.

Guest alpha centauri

it was just released in germany some weeks ago in 2008 and i guess it has been similar for most countries in central europe

Justin Timberlake got a UK #01 from his last album that also sold more than 1 million copies in Europe... I'm sure there are fans... plus Timbaland fans too... this will put what it needs to make it an Hit from "Hung Up" size... and don't forget the so much antecipation this record is having in Europe... probably a lot more than elsewhere with newspaper covers talking about it... she is on the newspapers and magazines in almost every single number that is printed...

I'm afraid it doesnt work that way. For example, the duet Britney/Madonna didnt do any favours to neither. 4M is a better song for sure, but it doesnt mean Madonna Timbaland and Timberlake fans will like the song or even buy it. I have some friends who are M fans that are not thinking of getting the single. Fans only make up for a proportion of sales, the rest are simply general buyers otherwise how come AL didnt sell 400 000 but Music and CODF sold 1.3-1.5?

I still think that will be a hit but c'mon do you really think it will surpass HU in Europe?