The Official UK Charts Thread

Guest Hafo

They're not as big as USA digital numbers, for sure. So you figure that if a single is top 10 on digital alone, it could be around 13,000, depeding on the week. (Jump was No. 9 on sales of 13,000, digital and physical)

Top 10 already???? GOOD! And remember that Madonna fans are into collecting, so when the physical single gets to shops, there will be another 40.000 copies at least. I expect a number one for several weeks.

Guest SuperPop

the physical release is on 21st of April...so it probably wont help much the single...if it hits no1 it must be done before the physical release date when it will start to wear off...the same happened with Rihanna's 'Dont Stop The Music'...the physical release came to late (middle of February) while the song was having great download sales since beginning of January..the result was DSTM to peak only at 4 , although it was a huge hit...

Guiness does count Re-Issues/Re-releases as New Singles and New TOP 10 Hits. This is the only reazon why she is also behind Elvis and he got to the lead again 3 years ago with 17 new re-issued TOP 10 Hits. Only Cliff and Elvis have more TOP 10 Hits than Madonna. If my memory doesn't fail Elvis have 75 or 76 TOP 10 Hits (maybe one or two more... I will check out that later on)... One of the reazons of the re-issued singles was for put it ahead of Madonna as she was getting him. Cliff Richard has 66 or 67 TOP 10 Hits... can't remember very well...

I'm pretty sure that for Guiness (Official Book of UK Chart Hits) is going to be her 62th or 63th TOP 10 Hit as they count as different singles: Holiday (1985) / Bordeline (1985) / Holiday (1990) / Crazy For You (1991). Again I will check it on the book later on too...

Let's Hope Warner decides to Re-Issue/Re-Release singles with the compilation they still have to edit in a way to they get more TOP 10 Hits just like happened with Elvis in the summer of 2005...

I'm pretty sure that for Guiness (Official Book of UK Chart Hits) is going to be her 62th or 63th TOP 10 Hit as they count as different singles: Holiday (1985) / Bordeline (1985) / Holiday (1990) / Crazy For You (1991). Again I will check it on the book later on too...

Let's Hope Warner decides to Re-Issue/Re-Release singles with the compilation they still have to edit in a way to they get more TOP 10 Hits just like happened with Elvis in the summer of 2005...

I actually cringe at the idea, believe it or not, if the main goal would be to rack up more Top10s or even #1s just because of re-issues...

they should count it per song... it feels like cheating...

4M will be No.1 in UK,DSTM and 4M have are nothing in like

First of all DSTM was 3rd single from the album, it was played on clubs all over the world even since it leaked and was her biggest hit all over Euro before it was release in the UK

Second Riahnna is not Madonna and don't have the same fan base

When the video be out it will boost the seals to have No.1 in UK, right now it only seals on M (and Justin) name and 4 days of airplay, and it already No.2 on I-tunes and will be top 5 (or even top 3) on the Sunday chart, and it's not out a full week, people acting like they don't know it...

There Semmes to be a negative buzz in the internet, which can hurt her in the further of this era, but this song will be No.1

I'll be very surprised if she gets to number 1...

Estelle will be number 1 this week and probably next and then we have Sam Sparro..

I don't think the response to 4M here has been very favourable.... hopefully it will grow on people

I don't think the response to 4M here has been very favourable.... hopefully it will grow on people

really? I was actually amazed how fast it rose in downloads... is that Estelle song new? sorry wasn't following any charts for the past 2 years

Yeah the Estelle track is new and was released 1 day before Madonna's and is selling a lot more than her.... and Estelle is coming out physically next week too..

Sam Sparro is also going to be massive so I expect him to be number 1 soon

I purposely tuned into Radio 1 this week to hear the Madonna track on air... and all the dj's are very luke warm to it.. saying how they are not sure etc.... I think if it was an interesting track then it would have been number 1 on downloads already..

But I do think it grows on people a little... I don't find it as dull as I did last week.. ;-), and hopefully when the video comes out it will interest more people.

Yeah the Estelle track is new and was released 1 day before Madonna's and is selling a lot more than her

Someone else from the UK said that Estelle's song was released on friday...?

And btw,when was this song serviced to radios in the UK?Also,is the video already out?

I just checked and the Estelle song is at #12 on the airplay charts...so maybe that's why it's selling better...4min got it's first on monday,right?

I actually cringe at the idea, believe it or not, if the main goal would be to rack up more Top10s or even #1s just because of re-issues...

they should count it per song... it feels like cheating...

Well... until a certain point you're right... if the singles are completly equal to the original ones... but Elvis is ahead of her now due to 17 re-issues that got to TOP 10... otherwise only Cliff Richard would be ahead... and singles don't need to be the same, neither the song versions...

Now, about earlier re-issues the story is different: "Bordeline" got to TOP 10 for the First time as a re-issued, "Crazy For You" was a remix (TIC remix), diferent cover and diferent track list and "Holiday" was actually called "Holiday Collection", different track list and cover too.

If a different version of a song/single gets to the chart again with different cover and track-list why should not be counted as different single that hit the chart if it is actually a different single?

Well this is insane.. why not just release the digital version around the same time the physical single is avaliable?

Sam Sparro will be number 1 on i-tunes soon as is rising very fast, So don't think 4 mins will get higher then 3 sadly on the main chart, unless the physical is brought forward x

Well this is insane.. why not just release the digital version around the same time the physical single is avaliable?

People that want the song will start downloading if they listen to it at the radio... if they have the song legaly available they buy it... if not... they get it elsewhere... that's why ;)

People that buy physical singles buy them because they like the song they hear in the radio for a few weeks... so it has to have some airplay.

This way they will sell a LOT MORE DOWNLOADS and the same physical singles :)

This is the Saturday chart according to a post in BuzzJack, so take it as it comes:

01 NE AMERICAN BOY - ESTELLE

02 01 BETTER IN TIME/FOOTSTEPS IN THE SAND

03 02 MERCY - DUFFY

04 NE 4 MINUTES - MADONNA

05 03 STOP AND STARE - ONE REPUBLIC

Top 10

FASCINATION - ALPHABEAT

CAN`T SPEAK FRENCH - GIRLS ALOUD

SOMETHING GOOD - UTAH SAINTS VS VAN SHE

LOW - FLO RIDA

ROCKSTAR - NICKELBACK

Guest SuperPop

4M has fallen to no3 now in Itunes (no2 is Duffy now) :shock::thumbsdown:

I hope the stupid Warner strategy of releasing simultaneously the digital release with the radio premiere and delaying the video & physical release wont halt the song of reaching no1... :hurt:

This will me 4 mins peak, it's download won't rise anymore i don't think, even with the video, and by the time the phyical comes out, it will be out of top 10 on i-tunes, and maybe even the main chart sadly xx

Getting to TOP 5 based on downloads alone it's great already!

Don't worry 'cause this song will surelly get to #01 in UK ;)

The Physical single in UK will do WONDERS :D

Guest SuperPop
Getting to TOP 5 based on downloads alone it's great already!

Don't worry 'cause this song will surelly get to #01 in UK ;)

The Physical single in UK will do WONDERS :D

the physical release is really far...the downloads will have already wore off by then...and physical singles have stopped to do wonders anymore in UK...their sales are very low...even Zazi (ex Virgin), one of the biggest cd retailer, has announced that it will stop stocking singles anymore

I think it all depends to the reaction of the listeners..next week is very important as airplay has already started building up..

This will me 4 mins peak, it's download won't rise anymore i don't think, even with the video, and by the time the phyical comes out, it will be out of top 10 on i-tunes, and maybe even the main chart sadly xx

WOW, are you on CRACK?

4 Minutes...

* was released to radio on MONDAY. It has got four days of airplay. Estelle's track has been played on radio for over a MONTH.

* was released to iTunes TUESDAY. Estelle's was released last week, and has a video and well as promotional performances on British TV.

* has no video yet.

* Madonna has done no promo yet.

Wait til airplay increases. 4M should rise on next week's chart. WBR NEED to bring forward the physical though.

4M has fallen to no3 now in Itunes (no2 is Duffy now) :shock::thumbsdown:

I hope the stupid Warner strategy of releasing simultaneously the digital release with the radio premiere and delaying the video & physical release wont halt the song of reaching no1... :hurt:

It's still # 2

Boy there are some negative people around! As Braby said, it's just not possible to compare Estelle and Madonna at the moment. "4 Minutes" has been on sale since midnight Monday, the same day it was played on the radio for the first time. Its had four days of sales so far (a full two days fewer than Estelle in the current chart week, and she had the benefit of a month of airplay before the single was released). Madonna's sales will remain solid for the next four weeks and then she'll leap again when the physical single and remixes are released in April.

The puzzling decision is the Australian release, as Warners do not have ARIA include sales of digital singles on the chart until the physical single is released (an odd decision). Unfortunately, this could cost Madonna the #1 spot in Australia, since digital sales drive the singles chart now and a month's sales will not count towards the chart (this could amount to 10s of thousands of copies).

Have you heard of remixes?