The Official UK Charts Thread

Guest Hafo

Well even if it does get to number 1, I doubt it will stay there for three weeks and give her the chance of doing the double with HC going to number 1 on the album chart. Am I right in thinking HU/Confessions did this? I know the only other occasions were PDP/TB and LAP/LAP.

:rolleyes:

Honestly, QB, I like you and all but for once, just admit you're wrong and shut the fuck up because you're going on and on and you just sound like a fool.

First you predicted the song to flop, and it hasn't. Then you said Number 1 was impossible and now it looks like it's in the bag more or less, on downloads alone which is rather phenomenal.

So just stop finding things to moan about because it's making you look silly. Admit you were wrong and move on.

"4 Minutes" is a bona fide smash hit in the UK. End of.

Honestly, QB, I like you and all but for once, just admit you're wrong and shut the fuck up because you're going on and on and you just sound like a fool.

First you predicted the song to flop, and it hasn't. Then you said Number 1 was impossible and now it looks like it's in the bag more or less, on downloads alone which is rather phenomenal.

So just stop finding things to moan about because it's making you look silly. Admit you were wrong and move on.

:thumbsup:

:boxing::clap::bow:

Guest SuperPop
But isn't that because downloads weren't counted and the physical singles market was already dying, so it was easy for a big Madonna hit to stay #1 for 15 weeks? Same for the charts in Germany and Canada for example.

with the same logic AL singles should have been a huge success in Europe, something that never happened... :manson: its really idiotic that some people here try to diminish HU success in order to say that 4M will fare better...whatever they say it is a fact that is nearly impossible for 4M to reach HU success levels (except US)...but for people who live in US it might be difficult to comprehend how immense was Hung Up in the rest of the world..it is surely one of the biggest singles of the whole decade...I never thought that Madge could have such a phenomenal hit...

I don't think it's fair to compare the weeks on #1 when the chart climate is much different now.

that didnt stop Umbrella for example to be a smash hit and spend many weeks in no1 in many countries

In the US it's going to be one of her best selling singles ever and it got to #1 on the UWC much faster, so in a way it's already bigger than "Hung Up".

only in US

How many songs got to #01 in UK based on downloads alone? I think there is only one... and will be two this Sunday? Is this correct? Does anybody knows this for sure?

:wow: :wow: :wow:

"Into the Groove"

"Papa Don't Preach"

"True Blue"

"La Isla Bonita"

"Who's That Girl"

"Like a Prayer"

"Vogue"

"Frozen"

"American Pie"

"Music"

"Hung Up"

"Sorry"

"4 Minutes"

:wow: :wow: :wow:

Guest Danny86
with the same logic AL singles should have been a huge success in Europe, something that never happened... :manson: its really idiotic that some people here try to diminish HU success in order to say that 4M will fare better...whatever they say it is a fact that is nearly impossible for 4M to reach HU success levels (except US)...but for people who live in US it might be difficult to comprehend how immense was Hung Up in the rest of the world..it is surely one of the biggest singles of the whole decade...I never thought that Madge could have such a phenomenal hit...

I'm not trying to diminish the success of "Hung Up", I just don't get why people who don't like "4 Minutes" can't stop comparing their chart performances. First they said "4 Minutes" would only be a hit in the USA, but then it reached #1 on almost every iTunes and now is going to be the UK #1, and yet they come with bitching as in "but it won't spend as many weeks at #1 as "Hung Up"!".

The American Life singles couldn't have done that in Europe either because only fans bought the singles, "Hung Up" & "4 Minutes" is having more appeal.

"4 Minutes" sold 86k even before it reached the top in UK - that's already a big achievement. "4 Minutes" won't sell 100k in physical in its first week like "Hung Up" did, because (as you pointed it out earlier) the physical sales are really down now, yet it's set to spend at least the same amount of weeks at #1 and in the top 10. "4 Minutes" stands as a hit on its own, so at least in the UK it will come close to "Hung Up" levels.

Oh and arguments like "and this song wont do better than HU worldwide because it is light years worse than the latter (although it is still a good song)" aren't exactly unbiased either.

How many songs got to #01 in UK based on downloads alone? I think there is only one... and will be two this Sunday? Is this correct? Does anybody knows this for sure?

i think gnarls berkelys crazy was the first song to do it and since then i'd say about half a dozen other singles have gone to number one on downloads alone, maybe more. it tends to be newer artists though. more established acts usually rely on physical singles to hit the top ten

I'm not trying to diminish the success of "Hung Up", I just don't get why people who don't like "4 Minutes" can't stop comparing their chart performances. First they said "4 Minutes" would only be a hit in the USA, but then it reached #1 on almost every iTunes and now is going to be the UK #1, and yet they come with bitching as in "but it won't spend as many weeks at #1 as "Hung Up"!".

The American Life singles couldn't have done that in Europe either because only fans bought the singles, "Hung Up" & "4 Minutes" is having more appeal.

"4 Minutes" sold 86k even before it reached the top in UK - that's already a big achievement. "4 Minutes" won't sell 100k in physical in its first week like "Hung Up" did, because (as you pointed it out earlier) the physical sales are really down now, yet it's set to spend at least the same amount of weeks at #1 and in the top 10. "4 Minutes" stands as a hit on its own, so at least in the UK it will come close to "Hung Up" levels.

Oh and arguments like "and this song wont do better than HU worldwide because it is light years worse than the latter (although it is still a good song)" aren't exactly unbiased either.

Fucking well said. Fantastic. :clap:

this is gonna be like one of the BEST days ever to be a M fan. Amazing music, another #1 smash hit etc etc..Damn, girl just doesnt ever fkin stop !!! lol. Im not gonna be able to leave my computer and have any life 2day LOL.

Guest marsha
thanks for that marsha I can't wait to see the results later today

me too. pretty sure it's #1 but need to see that black on white

Icon and Tribe are reporting the 4 Mins is OFFICALLY #1. Someone has the press release from Associated Press.

All Hail Our Queen!

yeessss bitches!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::vogue::drool:

Guest patrickovy
I am hoping it will stay at #1 for at least 2 weeks.

She will for sure. There is no real competitor next week. Also weekly sales increase as the cd is out.

Guest marsha
Icon and Tribe are reporting the 4 Mins is OFFICALLY #1. Someone has the press release from Associated Press.

All Hail Our Queen!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Is it the first #1 with digital sales only???

She will for sure. There is no real competitor next week. Also weekly sales increase as the cd is out.

she will just have a tighter grip at #1 this coming week coz of the cd singles...

From chartfreak at Haven:

UK - TOP 5 ALBUMS ?20/04/2008

01 NE 01 - KONK ?Kooks (1)

01 05 02 - SPIRIT ?Leona Lewis (23)

03 NE 03 - E=MC2 ?Mariah Carey (1)

01 01 04 - ROCKFERRY ?Duffy (7)

01 08 05 - SCOUTING FOR GIRLS ?Scouting For Girls (31)