The Official UK Charts Thread

Guest Hafo

Why do you think it will miss the top 5? It's steadily climbing on downloads alone and the physical single is out this week.

It's had loads of airplay and the video is in constant rotation on the music channels so to only be at number 18 on downloads is CRAP considering the number 1 song is a download only, from a new artist.

Incidentally, anyone know if that One Republic song a download only?

She and Adele are this year's female angst UK representatives, it seems.

Mids FEB 19

SINGLES

1 Duffy (16.3k)

2 H Two O (12.6k)

3 Nickelback (8.9k)

4 Kylie Minogue (8.5k)

Top 10

OneRepublic

Top 15

One Night Only

Top 20

Utah Saints

Timbaland

Top 25

Simple Plan

Taio Cruz

Top 30

Flo Rida

Top 40

Out Of Office

Craig David

Yael Naim

ALBUMS

1 The Feeling

2 Nickelback

3 Michael Jackson

Top 10

Amy Winehouse [Deluxe]

Jonathan Ansell

Amy Winehouse

Top 15

David Jordan

Sheryl Crow

Top 20

Simple Plan

Mark Ronson

Top 30

Amy Winehouse - Frank

Top 40

Katie Melua

Joe Brown

Timbaland

The Sheryl album is indeed brilliant. I was hoping the Jools Holland appearance would give it a huge boost, but I guess after her commercial slump and the lack of a single beforehand it was always going to be an uphill climb. Still, it should improve on the peak of 'Wildflower' and there are at least 4 singles on this album. 'Love Is Free' is apparently starting to take off in the US.

Well it was on the horizon wasn't it? The sales for X have been piss poor. Has it even sold a millon copies worldwide yet?

I doubt it's sold over 500,000 yet. :chuckle:

And don't it make you laugh that the loons are claiming that Wow has done it's job - what job is that - proving that she's a singles act because she sure didn't shift albums on the back of it. :lmao:

Oh and I'm DELIGHTED that Amy Winehouse is doing the Brits - there goes POOR BRAVE SICK DISEASED BARREN SPINSTER HOMEWRECKING SLUT Kylie's chance of the headlines.

*FLUSH* :queenbitch:

I doubt it's sold over 500,000 yet. :chuckle:

And don't it make you laugh that the loons are claiming that Wow has done it's job - what job is that - proving that she's a singles act because she sure didn't shift albums on the back of it. :lmao:

Oh and I'm DELIGHTED that Amy Winehouse is doing the Brits - there goes POOR BRAVE SICK DISEASED BARREN SPINSTER HOMEWRECKING SLUT Kylie's chance of the headlines.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Well yes, no matter how well Wow does this week, it has not helped X sell in much larger quantities.

BTW Wow has sold 60k so far on downloads upto last week, with 43k this year.

X is on 332,000.

Amazed at Duffy's sales.

And One Republic is download only at the moment.

Well yes, no matter how well Wow does this week, it has not helped X sell in much larger quantities.

X is on 332,000.

Amazed at Duffy's sales.

Only 332,000? Thats pretty bad.... I dont think it will reach 400,000, although far better than Britney.

Edited by franxisco66

ThURsDaY UpDaTe AfTeR The BrItS

SINGLES

1 Duffy (29.6k)

2 H Two O (24k)

3 Nickelback (15.9k)

4 Basshunter (14.4k)

5 Kylie Minogue (14.3k) (50 copies behind exactly)

Top 10

OneRepublic

Top 15

One Night Only

Top 20

Utah Saints

Timbaland

Top 25

Taio Cruz

Flo Rida

Simple Plan

Top 30

Yael Naim

Top 40

Chris Brown

Mark Ronson

Craig David

ALBUMS

1 The Feeling

2 Nickelback

3 Michael Jackson

4 Amy Winehouse [Deluxe]

Top 10

Jonathan Ansell

Mika

David Jordan

Top 15

Amy Winehouse

Top 20

Sheryl Crow

Mark Ronson

Joe Brown

Top 30

Simple Plan

Leona Lewis

Amy Winehouse - Frank

Top 40

Andrea Bocelli

X is on 332,000.

Amazed at Duffy's sales.

What a shame the 60,000 people who downloaded Wow didn't decide to purchase X. :lmao::lmao:

332,000 for X is APPALLING. :lmao::lmao: at TEAM KYLIE'S CLAIM on the BRITS she has sold 68 million albums.

Love the One Republic song.

'X' is set to re-enter the top 30...but its sales are actually currently DOWN than on last week. It looks like the much-vaunted 'Brits effect' is going to have been to stabilize the album in the lower half of the chart. It'll probably be out of the top 40 in a couple of weeks.

People over at sayhey are now saying that 'The One' and the tour will shift the album. Just as they said 'X Factor' would, and just as they said 'Wow' would, and just as they said the Brits would. I think the album is pretty much dead in the water. I can't see how on earth it's going to even match Body Language's sales. It would have to do at least another million from the final single (or 2 singles, if we get 4).

Despite it's appalling sales it's held up longer than I thought but that's down to the dearth of new releases at this time of year. Once the spring release schedule sets in it's DOOMED to the lower reaches of the chart. I expect they'll do a *special* tour edition in the summer. :chuckle:

X is selling at mid-price in most places now - as *I* predicted. What an utterly huge FLOP. I wonder what she'll do next, parlo won't want to invest so much money and A&R in her next project given that the last two have yielded NIL returns.

HMV are selling X for £5.99. Woolworths are selling the radio edit of Wow online for 59p.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Poor Kylie the ONLY thing she is Queen of is the bargin bins. :queenbitch:

'X' is set to re-enter the top 30...but its sales are actually currently DOWN than on last week. It looks like the much-vaunted 'Brits effect' is going to have been to stabilize the album in the lower half of the chart. It'll probably be out of the top 40 in a couple of weeks.

People over at sayhey are now saying that 'The One' and the tour will shift the album. Just as they said 'X Factor' would, and just as they said 'Wow' would, and just as they said the Brits would. I think the album is pretty much dead in the water. I can't see how on earth it's going to even match Body Language's sales. It would have to do at least another million from the final single (or 2 singles, if we get 4).

I agree that X is underperforming but its sales as of close of play Thursday are down on last weeks "entire sales", not on the comparable Thursday last week. It is on course to double last weeks sales because of the Brits. And yes....I know that double of 6k is still only 12k.

Apart from sales spikes and small rises, it will struggle to beat Body Language's world sales. I think it will beat the 400,00 BL has managed in the UK, but has performed poorly everywhere else.

She will need to rely on touring, perfume and bedding to maintain her lifestyle in the coming years :angel:

Body Language was a colossal flop and for this to not be able to outsell it proves once and for all that cunt budgie is not and never will be a major music star.

Fever was a fluke and everything since then has sold just moderately.

Kylie is doing great. Too bad for the people who wrote her off.

She's doing alright in the UK and Australia and that's about it.

In the rest of the world she's NOTHING! :boxing:

To fail you need to be a big seller, and Kylie (apart from Fever) is not a big seller worldwide, so im still surpised at why people seem to believe she is flopping.... She is selling what she usually does.

Also bear in mind that most artists are underperforming due to general low sales. Sugababes for example are selling half the amount they used to sell, and they are about to release their 3rd single. James Blunt much of the same, KT Tunstall, etc...

So yes, Kylie isnt selling a lot, but for me that isnt a big surprise

Edited by franxisco66

Guest Danny86

Not even in Australia. "Wow" just debuted there at #11 this week and the album actually went down 35-39. Staying at the bottom of the Australian (and UK) top 40 since the end of December is not even "alright". :doofus: