Guest Hafo

Guest LikeAHugeMFan!
Don't think anyone has posted top 5 singles with sales:

1 Estelle feat. Kanye West - American Boy 10.3k

2 Madonna - 4 Minutes 9.4k

3 Sam Sparro - Black and Gold 8.8k

4 September - Cry For You 7.5k - 55 copies ahead

5 Flo-Rida - Low 7.4k

so, does Septembers current sales include BOTH download and physical? If so, then M is 100% gauranteed #1 next week!

Sorry to break your bubble but with Stuart Price she was just following the trend of modern disco that was (and still is) very popular in Europe way before COAD. With Mirwais, well, even her core fans failed to see how amazing album American Life was (best lyrics and best melodies of her career) and that was partly her fault because the first single was really dreafull imo. That single started her problems with the american radio from which she hasn't recovered yet.

4M is a COLLABORATION. Madonna, Timbaland and Justin, they all bring something to the table. It's a great single and a great video. Why does she always have to start trends? You're just too bought on what her PR machines tells you that she starts trends when perhaps she doesn't. The last time you could say she started a trend was with Ray of Light but even by that time electronica was a pretty popular music genre.

What Madonna does is make great pop records and sell millions of copies. 4M is no exception.

I totally agree. I'm very happy that she worked with Timbaland, he is the best producer working today and it makes perfect sense. Her biggest hit of the 90s in the US was a collaboration with Babyface, that time's top producer. Perhaps 4M is not vintage Madonna but it's a good song and obviously it connects with the general public. I think its success will translate into excellent album sales.

Guest Danny86
I didn't realise Usher's physical was so far away - Sparro is a club hit and such tracks always increase their sales on Saturdays - that's how that Make Love track managed to overtake American Life at the last minute. I didn't realise September was on physical this week - I hate that track.

Sam had his physical out last week already, and got to #2 with only 1600 copies more than Madonna. September might overtake Sam by the weekend, but not Madonna or Estelle.

Doubt we're gonna have an "American Life" situation again. That single had high initial numbers because of fans buying, but in the end it only sold 32,5k. "4 Minutes" is kept #1 on iTunes by the public and is having constant sales!

It really is getting grating that the same people can't seem to accept that other people don't think the same things they do.

Look in the mirror - you are the worst culprit for this.

Sorry to break your bubble but with Stuart Price she was just following the trend of modern disco that was (and still is) very popular in Europe way before COAD. With Mirwais, well, even her core fans failed to see how amazing album American Life was (best lyrics and best melodies of her career) and that was partly her fault because the first single was really dreafull imo. That single started her problems with the american radio from which she hasn't recovered yet.

4M is a COLLABORATION. Madonna, Timbaland and Justin, they all bring something to the table. It's a great single and a great video. Why does she always have to start trends? You're just too bought on what her PR machines tells you that she starts trends when perhaps she doesn't. The last time you could say she started a trend was with Ray of Light but even by that time electronica was a pretty popular music genre.

What Madonna does is make great pop records and sell millions of copies. 4M is no exception.

Why? Because that is what makes her so special as a pop artist.

So we all agree this is trend following. Great.

Why? Because that is what makes her so special as a pop artist.

So we all agree this is trend following. Great.

Apparently you didn't read all of my post.

But you are certainly entitled to your opinion and I totally respect the fact that you don't like 4M.

However, keep in mind there was nothing trend setting about Hung Up or the entire COADF record. Still I thought it was a great record, I enjoyed thoroughly and I supported it as much as I could because, after all, I love Madonna and I love what she does whether she sets trends or not.

uhm, 4 MINUTES is leading in downloads, it is also the most pre-ordered single, so where is the worry coming from?

To add just that it's the most pre-ordered single in it's 4 versions occupying the first 4 places on the charts and for 3 weeks already!

So now people of UK: Buy the remixes seperatly and she will be #01 based on downloads alone!!! You can do it! ;)

I did my part to help next week ordering the 4 different versions of the physical single from UK :D

posted on Madonnalicious

Confessions On A Dance Floor rises up the charts

Maybe it is the anticipation for the release of Hard Candy but Madonna's 2005 album Confessions On A Dance Floor re-entered the UK Album chart at #28 last week and has risen up the chart this week to #20.

Thanks to John

posted on Madonnalicious

Confessions On A Dance Floor rises up the charts

Maybe it is the anticipation for the release of Hard Candy but Madonna's 2005 album Confessions On A Dance Floor re-entered the UK Album chart at #28 last week and has risen up the chart this week to #20.

Thanks to John

WHAT?!?! Why wasn't this mentioned here last week?

Someones review on Amazon UK, HC is up to 17 now x

(This person only gave it 1 star)! No Wonder HC still only has 3 stars when people put reviews like this lol

''This is just a review of the cover; Madonna, at your age, put it away missus. ''

This person also gave HC only 1 star!! and said:

''How can you write a review for an article that is only released in a couple of weeks time? Beats me ... It might be good. Or crap .. ''

Soo stupids! x

the midweeks were for mondays sales..hopefully the mixes released today on itunes will boost 4m even further. i was hoping for number 1 next week, now i'm hoping it will be this week!

Wednesday Top 40 MW update - no sales info

MADONNA IS NO 1

Singles

1 Madonna

2 Estelle

3 Sam Sparro

4 September

5 Flo-Rida

Top 10

Usher

Last Shadow Puppets

Top 15

Britney Spears

Scouting For Girls

Top 20

Utah Saints (reclimbing)

Goldfrapp

Top 30

will.i.am

Cahill

Top 40

Kanye West

Soulja Boy (reclimbing)

Albums

1 Kooks

2 Mariah Carey

3 Duffy

4 Leona Lewis

5 Elliot Minor

Top 10

Scouting For Girls

Top 15

Sarah Brightman

Top 20

Goldfrapp

Top 30

Children Of Bodom

Blood Red Shoes

Cascada

Jack Johnson

Top 40

Hannah Montana

Britney Spears

Mark Ronson

The Britney album is back in the Top 40 though, so it's doing the job. I don't even think the Britney album is heavily discounted anywhere at the moment.

Not trying to provoke a negative reaction, but I heard it was £5 again in Woolies.

The remixes are giving Madonna an edge this week then if she has already overtaken Estelle.

4 1 4 MINUTES MADONNA FT JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE 14,480

1 2 AMERICAN BOY ESTELLE FT KANYE WEST 14,061

2 3 BLACK & GOLD SAM SPARRO 12,281

9 4 CRY FOR YOU SEPTEMBER 10,551

3 5 LOW FLO RIDA FT T-PAIN 10,471

Over 5K sold yesterday.