The Official UK Charts Thread

Guest Hafo

Of course she will be number one, because on the week when the physical single is released, she will have loads of physical sales (they make artist like Kylie or Madonna go on top 10 even if they release a fart, simply because fans collect the 3 items) plus the digital sales that week.

Thats too bad. She had two N ones in UK with COAD and now she is going all Kylie. On the other hand HU, Sorry, GT, Jump were all better songs than 4 minutes and I must say AT LEAST FOR ME. I like 4 minutes but I ve got to add its too US sounding and I could understand if its not catching with the EU public.

For TUESDAY'S mid weeks, these are the sales of the top 5.

Singles

01 Estelle feat. Kanye West - American Boy 17k

02 Duffy - Mercy 8.2k

03 Flo Rida feat. T. Pain - Low 7.3k

04 Madonna feat. Justin Timberlake - 4 Minutes 5.6k

05 Sam Sparro - Black & Gold 5.5k

RADIO 2's PLAYLIST:

SINGLE OF THE WEEK:

JACK MCMANUS - Bang On The Piano

ALBUM OF THE WEEK:

MICHAEL MCDONALD - Soulspeak

A LIST

NEWTON FAULKNER - I Need Something

JAMES BLUNT - Carry You Home

ONE REPUBLIC - Stop And Stare

GABRIELLA CILMI - Sweet About Me

THE KOOKS - Always Where I Need To Be

THE FEELING - Without You

ABC - The Very First Time

BEN'S BROTHER - Stuttering (Kiss Me Again)

LEON JEAN MARIE - Bed Of Nails

SCOUTING FOR GIRLS - Heartbeat

B LIST

JACK SAVORETTI - Gypsy Love

DUFFY - ALBUM: Rockferry

R.E.M. - Supernatural Superserious

GOLDFRAPP - Happiness

ESTELLE - American Boy

JACK JOHNSON - Hope

LEONA LEWIS - Better In Time

*NEW* THE HOOSIERS - Cops And Robbers

PHIL CAMPBELL - Maps (How I Feel About You)

EAGLES - What Do I Do With My Heart

*NEW* THE SCRIPT - We Cry

C LIST

*NEW* ADELE - Cold Shoulder

*NEW* MADONNA - 4 Minutes

JAMIE LIDELL - Little Bit Of Feel Good

HOLLY ROSE - I Don't Care

RADIOHEAD - Nude

HELEN BOULDING - Way To Go

I am so disappointed in 4M. Hope the album is better but if 4M succeeds in making her a massive success in the US again then perhaps it is worth it as a lead single.

I don't think I have ever been as underwhelmed by any other Madonna lead single.

Thursday Update Top 40 Only

Singles

01 Estelle feat. Kanye West - American Boy

02 Flo Rida feat. T. Pain - Low

03 Duffy - Mercy

04 Sam Sparro - Black & Gold

05 Madonna feat. Justin Timberlake - 4 Minutes

Top 10

Chris Brown - With You

Alphabeat - Fascination

Top 15

(11) Girls Aloud - Can't Speak French

Top 20

James Blunt - Carry Me Home

(18) Sugababes - Denial

i think it's already a given how the UK and some other EURO countries will react to 4MINUTES... not surprised why it's not dominating the downloads right now... but the hype close to the album release and the promo gigs and the physical release will shake things up...

I´m not disappointed with the song: I think that it would have worked really well on timbaland´s album, but I can´t hear madonna in the song, and is the second time that happens with madonna: the other time was when she sang with Prince inLove song, that was a pure prince song! and FM it´s a pure Timbaland song.But I´m sure HC will be a madonna album, not only a T&T album...

Guest Danny86

Madonna is still #5.

Friday Top 40 Midweeks:

Singles

01 Estelle feat. Kanye West

02 Flo Rida feat. T. Pain

03 Duffy

04 Sam Sparro

05 Madonna feat. Justin Timberlake

Top 10

Chris Brown

Alphabeat

Top 20

James Blunt

Top 30

Usher feat. Young Jeezy -

Natasha Bedingfield feat. Sean Kingston -

Yael Naim

Snoop Dogg

Top 40

Gnarls Barkley

T Pain feat. Teddy Verseti

Britney Spears

=======================================

Albums

01 Duffy

02 Panic

03 Foals

04 One Republic

05 Guillemots

Top 10

Raconteurs

Counting Crows

Top 15

Supergrass

David Garrett

Top 30

Chris Brown

Top 40

Matt Batt

Eagles - Long Road Out Of Eden

Does It Offend You, Yeah?

I´m not disappointed with the song: I think that it would have worked really well on timbaland´s album, but I can´t hear madonna in the song, and is the second time that happens with madonna: the other time was when she sang with Prince inLove song, that was a pure prince song! and FM it´s a pure Timbaland song.But I´m sure HC will be a madonna album, not only a T&T album...

Yes, 4M is not my cup of tea but is ok and if I heard it on the radio by Justin it would grow on me but I would be very unlikely to download it. I agree, Madonna's voice should be more prominent. You can tell she has been involved in the production but it is definitely a Timbaland song. Of course Madonna has not always produced all her own work but this style is so different and so clearly Timbaland that it disappoints. She usually brings her own style more prominently to her recordings. American Life may not have been popular but it didn't disappoint me at all.

Her vocal delivery is also similar to MATM with Britney which is not a good thing but at least that was just a one off and not the lead single to a new Madonna album.

Expecting HC is much more "Madonna" and that this single means HC is a major success with new fans as well as old.

how likely or unlikely now is it looking that shell actually hit #1 in teh UK with this song :/?? Will it simply come down to the physical single being released?

how likely or unlikely now is it looking that shell actually hit #1 in teh UK with this song :/?? Will it simply come down to the physical single being released?

I think its probs unlikely, if her downloads remain the same, she will need maybe 20,000 physicals, for total sales around 45k-50k, whihc would be enough for number 1, but with only 1 major retali outlet stocking singles and the internet , it might be hard to get to number 1, but if the video is amazing it has a fair shot x