The Official UK Charts Thread

Guest Hafo

more midweeks from Togerland

Singles

01 Duffy - Mercy

02 Estelle feat. Kanye West - American Boy (D)

03 Leona Lewis - Better In Time / Footprints In The Sand

04 One Republic - Stop & Stare

05 Nickelback - Rockstar

Top 10

Utah Saints - Something Good 08

Flo Rida - Low (D)

(8) Girls Aloud - Can't Speak French

Panic At The Disco - Nine In The Afternoon

Top 15

(14) Sugababes - Denial

Top 20

Adele - Chasing Pavements (up)

Lewis Lewis - FITS

Timbaland feat. OneRepublic - Apologize (up)

Top 30

(21) Kylie - Wow

Guillemots - Get Over It

One Night Only (up)

Soulja Boy (up)

Take That (up)

The Enemy - The Song Is About You

Top 40

Gnarls Barkley - Run (D)

Addictive feat. T2 - Gonna Be Mine

Gabriella Climi - Sweet About Me

=========================================

Albums

01 Muse

02 Duffy

03 Elbow

04 Bryan Adams

05 One Republic

Top 10

Mike Oldfield

We Are Scientists

Top 15

Van Morrison

The Enemy

Taio Cruz

Top 30

(30) Girls Aloud

Top 40

(33) Sugababes

(34) Kylie

Muse - BH & R

LOL at X.

Guest Danny86

Wednesday Mids!!!!

01 Estelle feat. Kanye West - American Boy (D)

02 Duffy - Mercy

03 Leona Lewis - Better In Time / Footprints In The Sand

04 One Republic - Stop & Stare

05 Nickelback - Rockstar

Top 10

Flo Rida

Utah saints

Girls Aloud

Top 15

Panic At The Disco

Sugababes

Madonna

Top 20

Adele

Guillemots

Top 30

Kylie

Top 40

The Enemy

Natasha Bedingfield

Sam Sparro

Gabriella

=======================

Albums

01 Duffy

02 Muse

03 Elbow

04 Bryan Adams

05 One Republic

Top 10

Mike Oldfield

Van Morrison

Top 15

We Are Scientists

Taio Cruz

Top 30

Cascada

Top 40

Muse BH & R

Madonna top 15 ? With 2 downloadv days , then ? Could it go top 10 by Saturday ?

I think they remain the same. They cover up to midnight of the preceding day. That explain the Top 15 position, since 4M lingered around the 45-19-8-5-3 positions.

I think they remain the same. They cover up to midnight of the preceding day. That explain the Top 15 position, since 4M lingered around the 45-19-8-5-3 positions.

It's the same. These midweeks where she is at 15 is based on only ONE day of downloads (tuesday.) She can easily make top 5 by sunday, if she gets to #1 on itunes today and manages to stay there i'd say she'd be in for a good chance of #1 this weekend. But she'll have to get there and stay there today.

I might be wrong but Kylie's 2 hearts was only top 15 after two days of downloads by the midweeks chart and she ended up being #4 on the main sunday chart. (I don't think she managed to get anywhere near the top of itunes during that week too, but correct me if i'm wrong.)

I will say this though, if she doesn't make number 1 this week I'm not sure she will at all. But it's looking good.

Guest SuperPop
It's the same. These midweeks where she is at 15 is based on only ONE day of downloads (tuesday.) She can easily make top 5 by sunday, if she gets to #1 on itunes today and manages to stay there i'd say she'd be in for a good chance of #1 this weekend. But she'll have to get there and stay there today.

I might be wrong but Kylie's 2 hearts was only top 15 after two days of downloads by the midweeks chart and she ended up being #4 on the main sunday chart. (I don't think she managed to get anywhere near the top of itunes during that week too, but correct me if i'm wrong.)

I will say this though, if she doesn't make number 1 this week I'm not sure she will at all. But it's looking good.

Nope it wasnt like that...2 Hearts ended up as a new entry #12 the first week (which was only sold as a download)...in the second week when the physical was released she went to no4 (physical sales always help Kylie)

I doubt that 4 Minutes will top the chart on Sunday as it is still no2 in Itunes...and Estelle has been no1 3 days in a row...but a top3 is very possible...the thing is that the physical release of 4M is on 21st of April :confused: ...very far...

popbarsmk9.png

As you can see, Estelle is WELL ahead of Madonna, who is at no.2 still so Madonna outpeaking that will be quite a feat unless a major turnaround happens in a few days (which MAY occur as the song is played more and more on the radio)....

But I hope momentum doesn't peak too soon and 4M ends up like Rihanna's DSTM which lingered around for weeks and weeks but didn't make No. 1 because the download dates and physical release were so far apart.

They need to bring the physical release of 4M up to the week after next Monday and release the video this weekend if they don't want to ruin this.

Guest SuperPop

SALES

01 Estelle feat. Kanye West - American Boy (D) 19.9k (2,000 ahead)

02 Duffy - Mercy 17.9k

03 Leona Lewis - Better In Time / Footprints In The Sand 16.1k

04 One Republic - Stop & Stare 10.1k

05 Nickelback - Rockstar 9.5k

Madonna - 5.7k in 1 day

Guest Danny86

Top 40 Thursday Midweeks:

Singles

01 Estelle feat. Kanye West

02 Duffy

03 Leona Lewis

04 One Republic

05 Nickelback

Top 10

Flo Rida

Utah Saints

Girls Aloud

Madonna

Top 15

Panic At The Disco

Sugababes

Top 20

Adele -

Guillemots -

Top 30

Leona Lewis

Natasha (D)

Top 40

Sam Sparro

The Enemy

Gabriella

Gnarls Barkley

=======================

Albums

01 Duffy

02 Muse

03 Elbow

04 Bryan Adams

05 One Republic

Top 10

Mike Oldflield

Van Morrison

Top 15

We Are Scientists

Taio Cruz

Top 30

Cascada

Sugababes

Top 40

Girls Aloud

Eagles

So... she's getting her 60th top 10 hit, right? Can anyone tell me who has more top 10s than Madonna?

It's her 61th Top 10 I think (including re-releases) :D

Excluding "Hey You", it's her 66th consecutive Top 40/20.

Cliff Richards has more Top 10s than Madonna, and I think a couple of other acts as well. Madonna is the act with more Top 5 ever, though.

Guest Danny86
It's her 61th Top 10 I think (including re-releases) :D

Excluding "Hey You", it's her 66th consecutive Top 40/20.

Cliff Richards has more Top 10s than Madonna, and I think a couple of other acts as well. Madonna is the act with more Top 5 ever, though.

Are you sure it's her 61st? I think "Jump" was counted as her 59th...

Guest Danny86

I think "Holiday" (1985) is considered as a re-entry, just like "Borderline", but "Crazy For You" (1991) is indeed a separate entry, so I think she has 59 so far. ;)

up until JUMP:

57 Top 10s

62 Top 20s/40s

I just don't want to count the re-issues and re-entries separately... Holiday (6, 2, 5), Borderline (56, 2), Crazy For You (2, 2)

I am kind of shocked Madonna's not really in the running for #1. Is the digital market in the UK not that impressive? Or is the single just not that well-received there? I thought for sure she'd have yet another #1 single there.

I am kind of shocked Madonna's not really in the running for #1. Is the digital market in the UK not that impressive? Or is the single just not that well-received there? I thought for sure she'd have yet another #1 single there.

Well they released it on Tuesday...without anyairplay or video...what were they expecting? They should've waited 2 weeks...now i'm not that sure it'll hit #1 in the Uk really...

Well they released it on Tuesday...without anyairplay or video...what were they expecting? They should've waited 2 weeks...now i'm not that sure it'll hit #1 in the Uk really...

they were probably trying to capitalize fans free downloading of the new song. they dont care if she hits no.1

Well they released it on Tuesday...without anyairplay or video...what were they expecting? They should've waited 2 weeks...now i'm not that sure it'll hit #1 in the Uk really..

Madonna's promotional campaign hasn't even started yet. Wait until they release the video, announce the the London gig and give away tickets

in competitions, she appears in magazines, she does some tv and radio interviews, the possible tour announcement. The promotion WILL GO INTO OVERDIRVE.

It will be like Confessions all over again. Madonna will be EVERYWHERE she is a clever business woman.