Moscow press reports/reviews

Camacho

Guest jamesshot
well her sorry ass dont need to cancel but she dont need lolita in that stadium at all

she can have herself lil casper and guy with her but not the main whore lolita

just imagine her sales when she hit the bucket

she cant die a normal death

hopefully its over 1,000 demo's unreleased songs

OK Vanity you are usually funny but you go ova the Borderline( pun intended) with this kind of talk. I am seriously concerned about her safety in Russia and would prefer not see her sales increase when she 'hit the bucket" and have her safe and sound with AL numbers.

What you got against lil Casper anyway?

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/stories/2006/09/07/012.html

Madonna Ticket Exchange Begins

By David Nowak

Staff Writer

An estimated 2,500 Madonna fans braved the rain to exchange their out-of-date concert tickets at Luzhniki stadium on Wednesday, six days before the pop diva's debut gig in Moscow.

The concert -- originally scheduled for Sept. 11 at Vorybyovy Gory -- was moved back a day by organizers and switched to the 84,000-seat stadium for security reasons.

Ticket holders began lining up more than two hours before the Luzhniki ticket windows opened at noon, but after the initial rush, the line did not exceed 100 people throughout the day.

Though some fans complained that their new seats were not as close to the stage as the seats they had for the original venue, most were simply relieved to get a ticket.

"We're not happy about our new seats. We originally had tickets for the dance floor," said Vika, 21, a Madonna fan who was placed 33 rows away from the stage at Luzhniki.

"But we're so happy to be able to see Madonna; we've waited so long," said her friend Yulia, 19. The pair was looking forward to Madonna's controversial crucifixion scene, which has spurred protests across Europe this summer.

A number of Orthodox Christian groups have called for the cancellation of the concert because of the scene.

"We're afraid [of protests], of course, but we would do anything to see Madonna," Yulia said.

A smartly dressed man who asked not to be named said he had arrived from St. Petersburg on Wednesday morning for the swap, but was left waiting for hours while staff inspected his original ticket.

"They think it's not a genuine ticket," he said.

Ticket scalpers outside the stadium were offering seats at the concert for 10,000 rubles ($375).

The stadium's ticket offices will be open through Monday for ticket holders to exchange their old tickets, from 12 p.m. to 9 p.m.

Guest northernlad
An estimated 2,500 Madonna fans braved the rain to exchange their out-of-date concert tickets at Luzhniki stadium on Wednesday, six days before the pop diva's debut gig in Moscow.

Ticket holders began lining up more than two hours before the Luzhniki ticket windows opened at noon, but after the initial rush, the line did not exceed 100 people throughout the day.

My, my the Russians take their time..

Guest Moskovit

This groupe of so called "orthodoxes" are protesting against every huge pyblic event connected with the west. They protested against Code Da vinchi, they protested against Moscow Gay Pride, now they protest against Madonna. But there are just around one hundreed people in this group and they are financed by one demagogic deputy Kuryanovich form Zhirinovskiy LDPR party, who is crying slogans like "Russia for Russians", "No gays in Russia", though he is not russian himself, and actually gay. :wacko:

What's interesting, I've read in yesterdays MK paper, that TV journalists that were shooting these protestores, were soon geting tired of their circus and started singing "Like a virgin" :clap:

this show will probably bring more photographers then any other, they took pics of trucks and now the workers :

stagesv3.jpg

**A worker covers the Luzhniki Stadium's running track with slaps in preparation for the concert of U.S. singer Madonna due September 12 in Moscow September 7 2006.**

Guest bedtimestorynyc
This groupe of so called "orthodoxes" are protesting against every huge pyblic event connected with the west. They protested against Code Da vinchi, they protested against Moscow Gay Pride, now they protest against Madonna. But there are just around one hundreed people in this group and they are financed by one demagogic deputy Bunimovich form Zhirinovskiy LDPR party, who is crying slogans like "Russia for Russians", "No gays in Russia", though he is not russian himself, and actually gay. :wacko:

What's interesting, I've read in yesterdays MK paper, that TV journalists that were shooting these protestores, were soon geting tired of their circus and started singing "Like a virgin" :clap:

zhirinovski is gay??? really, that fuckhead is gay???? lol tha'ts funny!!!!

no, seriously those people look extremely disturbed! but that never stops Madonna. remember her in Israel when she was warned against the terrorists, and she said (in IGTTYAS) "Fuckers... pussy fuckers... I'm going to Rachel's tomb anyway!!!" I love it that she loves challenges!!! I know everything will go smoothly with her in Russia!

Guest jamesshot

But she did cancel her concert in Isreal.

I am looking forward to reading about a very high profile, positive and exciting Moscow concert. Would be nice if this was one of the biggest media events of the last part of the year( in a positive way of course).

Guest jamesshot
I RATHER HEAR SOMETHING DRAMATIC

DO U PEOPLE NOT KNOW ABOUT PROMO?

JESUS I ALWAYS HAVE TO TEAACH THE KIDS

Foxy, dramatic does not necessarily mean negative, like you know, Madonna DYING on stage! I would love something dramatic, positive, grand without Madonna getting hurt in any way.

remember her in Israel when she was warned against the terrorists, and she said (in IGTTYAS) "Fuckers... pussy fuckers... I'm going to Rachel's tomb anyway!!!" I love it that she loves challenges!!! I know everything will go smoothly with her in Russia!

But she didn't go to Rachel's Tomb. She went to the rabbi Ashlag's grave.

Guest jamesshot
WELL DEAR WHO SAID MADONA HAVE TO GET SHOT ?MAYBE STUART PRICE AN TAKE THE BULLET AND MADONNA RUN TOWARDS HIM BEFORE THE SECURITY GRABS HER WHILE SHE IS REACHIN OUT FOR STUART AND YES ALL OF THIS WILL BE VIDEOTAPED

JUST IMAGINE EVEN FOX NEWS WILL GIVE MADONNA HER RESPECT

:vanitybonet:

CANT U IMAGINE

OH HOW I WISH I WAS MADONNA MANAGER

You are wicked wicked wicked! :D

Guest Moskovit
zhirinovski is gay??? really, that fuckhead is gay???? lol tha'ts funny!!!!

Not Zhirinovskiy, Kuryanovich is, profacist member of his party

Guest Beautiful Stranger
WELL DEAR WHO SAID MADONA HAVE TO GET SHOT ?MAYBE STUART PRICE AN TAKE THE BULLET AND MADONNA RUN TOWARDS HIM BEFORE THE SECURITY GRABS HER WHILE SHE IS REACHIN OUT FOR STUART AND YES ALL OF THIS WILL BE VIDEOTAPED

JUST IMAGINE EVEN FOX NEWS WILL GIVE MADONNA HER RESPECT

:vanitybonet:

CANT U IMAGINE

OH HOW I WISH I WAS MADONNA MANAGER

:lmao::lmao:

sundaymirror

10 September 2006

MADGE'S SPRAY-ON BLUE SKY

Will Stewart In Moscow

RUSSIAN weather experts are to spray the sky above a Moscow stadium so it doesn't rain on a show by Madonna.

Grey clouds are expected during her concert next Tuesday at the Luzhniki stadium.

But they will be "spiked" in advance by 10 planes spraying chemicals forcing them to release rain before they reach the Russian capital.

The system was originally developed to keep Red Square rallies dry in Soviet times, and was used for the G8 summit.

Meanwhile, security has been stepped up for her first gig in Russia following death threats to her and her two children. As she arrives in Moscow today her hotel has been turned into a virtual fortress.

outlet_en_3.gif

Platinum Seats 1 category 25 000 r. = 736 euro

Platinum Seats 2 category 20 000 r. 589 euro

Golden Seats 1 category 10 000 r. 294 euro

Golden Seats 2 category 8 000 r. 235euro

Silver Seats 4 500 r. 132 euro

Bronze Seats 3 000 r. 88 euro

Front Of Stage 1 500 r. 44 euro

General Admission 1 500 r. 44 euro

http://www.interfax.ru/e/B/0/28.html?id_issue=11585786

Sep 10 2006 2:03PM

Madonna to arrive in Moscow Monday (Part 2)

MOSCOW. Sept 10 (Interfax) - The world pop star Madonna is expected to arrive in Moscow on Monday, Madonna's international tour promoter Arthur Fogel has announced.

Madonna is arriving in Russia tomorrow and will reside at a hotel. She is eagerly awaiting her Moscow performance and wants to come to Russia, Fogel told the press in Moscow on Sunday.

It will be the best show in her world tour, Fogel said.

The pop star will sing 18 songs - a special set for the whole of her world tour. She did not demand anything special for her stay in Moscow and has yet to make up her mind on the sightseeing program, Fogel said.

In remarks about the Luzhniki stadium, where Madonna will sing on Tuesday, Fogel said it is a world-class venue for both sports competitions and shows.

The pop singer's tour manager Chris Lamb said rain would be an unpleasant occurrence. Madonna will dance a lot during the show and the stage must be dry, he said.

The organizers have been following weather updates. The forecast has been good thus far, he said.

Guest Moskovit

So, Madonna will arrive in Moscow tomorrow afternoon on her privet jet not today as was planned earlier. Tne hotel she will stay in and her program in Moscow are kept in secret.

For the concertgoers: the Vorobyevy Gory station of Moscow undeground will be closed at 12th of September for the hole day. Other nearest stations are University and Sportivnaya.

Guest Moskovit
I really hope those stupid M fansites don't reveal the hotel she is staying in Moscow.

:lmao: She is not in such serious danger, actually.

All those kidnap news came from the Sun newspaper, it's total crap, the only thing the Orthodox haters can do is to organize a piquet against her consert, but they won't receive permition from Meyoria. If the try to make a piquet without permition and they will try, belive me, they will be arrested and stay the rest of the day in the local police department.

Moscow is a city with 12 million population, 52 or 54 thousands of people will go to her consert and there are may be 50-70 active fanatics here, who cry out loud that Madonna is a new antichrist, TV shoots this trifling group of haters and there are in the news all over the world and it seemes that she is in serious danger, she is not.

Guest bedtimestorynyc
:lmao: She is not in such serious danger, actually.

All those kidnap news came from the Sun newspaper, it's total crap, the only thing the Orthodox haters can do is to organize a piquet against her consert, but they won't receive permition from Meyoria. If the try to make a piquet without permition and they will try, belive me, they will be arrested and stay the rest of the day in the local police department.

Moscow is a city with 12 million population, 52 or 54 thousands of people will go to her consert and there are may be 50-70 active fanatics here, who cry out loud that Madonna is a new antichrist, TV shoots this trifling group of haters and there are in the news all over the world and it seemes that she is in serious danger, she is not.

thank you!!!!! it's all much ado about nothing!!!! she'll be fine!

The pop star will sing 18 songs - a special set for the whole of her world tour. She did not demand anything special for her stay in Moscow and has yet to make up her mind on the sightseeing program, Fogel said.

18 songs? She must be cutting something out - perhaps the numbers where she is sitting still so that the Russian mafia snipers can't keep her in their crosshairs?

I still hope she gets to see Moscow and the various historical sites. She seems to be really inspired by places she's never seen before. I am very excited for the fans in Moscow - this is a great show.

Los Angeles Times

Russians Confess They Want to See Madonna

The Orthodox Church's condemnation of the pop singer seems only to add to the hoopla. Fans buy 37,000 concert tickets in three days.

By David Holley, Times Staff Writer

September 11, 2006

MOSCOW — In the eyes of Tatyana Myasoyedova, a pensioner who joined a recent protest against a Madonna concert set for Tuesday night, the pop icon's first performance in Russia is part of a plot against her nation.

"The United States first destroyed our great country, the Soviet Union, then they destroyed our economy and now they are sending this horrible young woman to destroy our souls," said Myasoyedova, interviewed during a recent rally of about 100 demonstrators organized by the Orthodox Standard Bearers Union, a group combining religion and nationalism.

Angered by a controversial scene in Madonna's worldwide "Confessions" tour in which she sings "Live to Tell" while suspended on a mirrored cross, the Russian Orthodox Church and its most active supporters have bitterly condemned the show and warned believers not to go. But their words have had little deterrent effect.

"The use of the cross is not merely an advertising stunt, though this is indisputably one of her motives. It is an indication of a person's spiritual problems," Orthodox spokesman Vsevolod Chaplin told the Russian news agency Interfax a few days before ticket sales began. "Of course, it would be more than strange for an Orthodox person to give the spiritual problems of this singer greater publicity by attending her concerts."

The most visible effect of the church's attacks on the 48-year-old singer has been to boost a wave of hoopla surrounding the show. It swiftly sold out and has been rescheduled at a bigger, 52,000-seat venue.

"It doesn't matter what some religious activists say about her," said Ivan Stolyarenko, 20, an economics student who paid $375 for a ticket. "It is high time everybody understands that we are a free people, and we have a right to welcome anyone we want — and what's more, that every artist has a right to self-expression and that no religious or political dogmas should stand in the way here anymore."

Concert organizers said that the 37,000 tickets available for the original venue, an outdoor square near Moscow State University, sold out in three days, at prices ranging from $57 for the cheapest dance floor tickets to $943 for the best seats. The least expensive tickets still available last week for the new location, a sports stadium, cost $300.

Madonna launched her world tour in May at the Forum in Inglewood, and it is due to end this month with performances in Japan. Religious leaders in other countries have also criticized the cross scene.

Pyotr Razanin, 23, a security guard who waited in line for hours to buy tickets, said that in principle he agreed with the church's criticism.

"I support the Russian Orthodox Church, and I think that they are right when asking people to stay away from the concert," he said, explaining that the main reason he was buying tickets was to resell them at jacked-up prices.

But he just might save a ticket for himself, he added. "Most likely I will go, because it is such a rare opportunity," he said.

Alexander Prokhanov, editor in chief of Zavtra, a left-wing nationalist newspaper, said that "grandiose adoration for this lady singer on the part of a significant portion of the Russian population" reflected a spiritual emptiness in post-Soviet Russia.

"There is a gaping emptiness, a gigantic vacuum, a total abyss reigning in the Russian consciousness now," Prokhanov said. "Historically, it was filled with religious symbols or Soviet signs and dogmas, which imbued the souls of Russian citizens with horrors or utopian dreams. But there was never such emptiness as we observe now…. And this vacuum readily sucks in such illusory components of today's culture as Pepsi-Cola, McDonald's and Madonna."

It can be argued, however, that Madonna's popularity in Russia simply means the country is becoming more like the West.

Some observers holding a harsher view of the nation's history see the buzz generated by Madonna as a positive sign that a generation freed of the burdens of the past will soon come to power in Russia.

"If you look at the people who stand in lines to buy tickets for her show you may notice that a big majority of them are in their 30s and 40s," said Boris Lifanovsky, a commentator for Musical Instruments, a quarterly journal. "Many of these people undoubtedly represent the emerging middle class of Russia, and this is also very indicative and very important. This is our first generation of free-thinking, open-minded and independent people."

Lifanovsky said he thought the church had made a mistake by rushing to condemn Madonna's show. "It is a really futile and counterproductive effort which I am absolutely sure will never stop people who want to see Madonna," he said.

Andrei Kurayev, a professor at the Russian Theology Academy, said the focus of protests against Madonna was not her art as a whole but the Crucifixion scene that formed the most controversial part of this tour.

"We are talking about just one gesture she makes during one of the numbers in the show, when she sings elevated over the stage on a cross and wearing a crown of thorns," Kurayev said. "You don't need to go far to understand the abject vulgarity of it."

Chaplin, the Orthodox spokesman, said in an interview that the church had no choice but to state its view even if that added to the publicity surrounding her visit.

"We had to express our opinion no matter what, because this lady uses crosses, prayer beads and other religious symbols of Christianity in what has nothing to do with our religion," he said. "Once she even said that Christ would endorse her message, but we don't think so, and I think we can and we must speak out about it."

During the show's Crucifixion scene, video flashes shots of African children orphaned by AIDS, and numbers ticking away on a screen represent the 12 million African AIDS orphans.

In a May interview with the New York Daily News, Madonna defended the scene as part of an appeal to the audience to donate to AIDS charities.

"I don't think Jesus would be mad at me and the message I'm trying to send," she said. "Jesus taught that we should love thy neighbor."

Stolyarenko, the economics student, said he hoped Madonna would be followed by more top pop stars.

"No one has a right to tell us what to see and whom to listen to and admire," he said. "This is the main thing for us today. I like her style, I like her ever-changing image and I like her songs — and nobody will stop me from seeing her perform on Tuesday."

david.holley@latimes.com

Times staff writer Sergei L. Loiko and Yakov Ryzhak of The Times' Moscow Bureau contributed to this report.