UK Charts - Dec 9 - All I Want For Christmas is Leona

Guest Hafo

honey, u start losing your charm here.

as if kylie's the first artist to have released a special edition along with the usual cd. oh, and i won't even comment on the third format that costs about 25 pounds. not quite a bargain even for the biggest loons, now is it?

She's NOT but the others actually generate decent sales. :lol:

Don't tar me with the Kylie brush.

Aahhh, you misunderstand the meaning of the word "comeback" here. :doh:

That would only ever apply to you, if you were once a "somebody", which you patently never have been. :lmao:

I should have used "desperate retort" to correctly describe your earlier post and save you from confusion. :boxing:

leona was 7.95 in HMV for the 1st week wasn't she...

Yes, but we were seeing headline like this about her

Leona Lewis must be feeling pretty frickin’ good about her career right now. heatworld's been looking at the midweek charts, and The X Factor winner is currently riding high at the top of both the single and album charts, ahead of pop legends such as Kylie and the Spice Girls.

Leona Lewis's debut album is on course to smash the record for the fastest-selling UK debut of all time.

And you Kylie loons are GLOATING that she'll sell £50k in a bigger sales week. :lmao:

It hasnt been a good year. But I'm glad that the biggest seller is Amy, because it is certainly the best of the year (even havent been released in 2006)

Hopefully next year will be better with the new releases of Madonna, Sheryl Crow and Morissette

It hasnt been a good year. But I'm glad that the biggest seller is Amy, because it is certainly the best of the year (even havent been released in 2006)

Hopefully next year will be better with the new releases of Madonna, Sheryl Crow and Morissette

Well she released late last year and struggled initially against all the big last quarter players. People properly took notice of her once Christmas passed and it has stealthily picked up sales.

Madonna should do well but dont think the market will be saved by Sheryl or Alanis.

Well she released late last year and struggled initially against all the big last quarter players. People properly took notice of her once Christmas passed and it has stealthily picked up sales.

Madonna should do well but dont think the market will be saved by Sheryl or Alanis.

I agree, although I meant quality rather than sales.

I think Amy will still be selling very well in 2008. I wouldnt be surprised if she even gets a few Grammys which should help her to sell even more.

Don't tar me with the Kylie brush.

Oh and I note it's being sold at a REDUCED price by HMV this week :lmao:

Thats the 2nd week running a major retailer has been flogging X at a reduced price.

Hilarious, only Kylie fans could claim an album thats being sold by major retailers at a reduced price in its first two weeks of release is a success. :lol:

Guest FuckBuddy

apparently, kylie's just a thousand copies behind shayne. she could actually end up at #3 on sunday.

on the singles chart. mariah's already ahead of kylie, and elvis will be falling down in the next couple of days, which can only mean 2hearts is set to spend a 4th week in the top10.

Guest Topaz Scorpio

Thats the 2nd week running a major retailer has been flogging X at a reduced price.

Hilarious, only Kylie fans could claim an album thats being sold by major retailers at a reduced price in its first two weeks of release is a success. :lol:

Um..you are aware that new releases by artists across the board are frequently sold at discount by major retailers in the first few weeks of sale, right? This especially happens around the holidays. In the past few weeks I have seen Britney and Celine both at $9.99 at Best Buy. In fact, when COADF first came out I wasn't able to get out the first week and get it and was kicking myself that I had missed the new release discounts. But then lo and behold when I did buy it, about 3 weeks or so after release, it was.... $9.99, which made me very happy. So I guess COADF was a flop according to your twisted logic. :wacko:

I agree, although I meant quality rather than sales.

I think Amy will still be selling very well in 2008. I wouldnt be surprised if she even gets a few Grammys which should help her to sell even more.

Yes, there is a lot of life left in Amy's album, even in the UK where it has sold loads. Think, in the UK, she has sold over 1.5 million in total (1.3 million this year) so will no doubt hit 2 million sooner or later.

Anyone know her worldwide sales?

Edited by aeroco

If Kylie ends up the week on number 3 that woud be fantastic. But i think that weekend sales arent' any good for her.

I am so shocked at Mariah climbing at top 10. Not very sure if i like this new UK chart so weird. It's becoming a joke.

Midweeks from Sunday to Thursday, 2 more big sales days to come.

1) Leona Lewis - 112.5k :drool:

2) Westlife - 63.5k :rolleyes:

3) Shayne Ward - 44.5k :doh:

4) Eagles - 43k :)

5) Kylie - 42k :D

Also, can't understand the figures for the world chart/ media traffic. 141k! She sold 100k in UK and Aus alone. If this is a true figure then it does add credence to the "local star" discussion that rages through this forum. 41k in the rest of the world. Now that is VERY LOW.

Midweeks from Sunday to Thursday, 2 more big sales days to come.

1) Leona Lewis - 112.5k :drool:

2) Westlife - 63.5k :rolleyes:

3) Shayne Ward - 44.5k :doh:

4) Eagles - 43k :)

5) Kylie - 42k :D

Also, can't understand the figures for the world chart/ media traffic. 141k! She sold 100k in UK and Aus alone. If this is a true figure then it does add credence to the "local star" discussion that rages through this forum. 41k in the rest of the world. Now that is VERY LOW.

SENSE :shock:

Oh and :lmao: at the Eagles being ahead of her.