UK Charts - Oct 28 - Leona Rules the World

Guest Hafo

Guest SuperPop

Is Oasis' track the first single from a new album? If so, I'd think there would be a physical release.

its only a download release..there wont be a physical release...

I think its a new song from their upcoming DVD

Guest SuperPop

SINGLES (musicweek)

218805 Leona Lewis :shock::shock::shock::clap:

97832 Take That

39737 McFly

36481 Sugababes

32901 Mark Ronson

32134 Britney Spears

23689 Timbaland

23013 Freemasons

14975 Hoosiers

14012 Oasis

WOW FUckING amazing sales for Leona...its feels like 90s again....She goes straight to the top20 singles of 2007...and by next week she'll probably get in the top5 of the year....I think she is the most likely contender for the no1 best selling single of this year (except if the X-Factor winner has more sales)

also great sales for Take That...in any other week of the year they would be a surefire no1...pity...

Question : Aren't even Britney Spears ' numbers pretty good , too? I was wondering if these figures haven't been enough for a number one several times ???

Well, when you see 97K for Take That, 32K ain't that great a number. The weekly tallies for some weeks may have been low enough to have 32K as a No. 1- that's just cause the market has dwindled.

"Sorry" had 37K or so when it was No. 1 (that was a second single, though).

Guest SuperPop

Question : Aren't even Britney Spears ' numbers pretty good , too? I was wondering if these figures haven't been enough for a number one several times ???

they aren't pretty good for a comeback single....furthermore in any other week these numbers could easily be a no2 or no3...a no1 with such sales is possible but in a bad week..and as HolidayGuy mentioned concerning the worsening situation in the singles chart...

Westlife is like the Mimi of the UK charts (tho Mimi definitely is a better act)- so out of place on the list of acts with the most No. 1s. (how weird is it that they actually did a duet together? well, maybe not so)

Music Week's writer- in last week's column- said Spears' probably would sell enough to get to No. 1- how wrong he was.

I agree w/ you all, pleeeeease let Leona keep those UK version of Mimi trolls AWAY from yet another horrid, underserved #1!! Gut feelin' tells me she will :).