US Chart Talk: 10/6/07

thebigham

Do *I* realy need to discredit Ms. Spears? She does a helluva good job on her own, I think. Oh, you're just talkin' about the charts. :horn:

Well, last time I checked this was the charts section :horn:

Will probably top out with a HU-like peak.

Would 200,000 or so downloads be enough for GM to reach the top?Cause i can certainly see her selling close to that amount,don't u?

Guest Beautiful Stranger

She has less than 30 million aud imp at radio.

She would need to sell 400,000 or more to approach #1.

Oh i see,so #1 is pretty much out of the question...i think the single will sell close to 250,000 this week.

Aud Imp will probably peak in the next few weeks,i don't see this track reaching more than 50M aud imp...

Noooo, it wouldn't need to sell that much, BS.

Soulja's Mediabase airplay is 110m or so- that's 11,000 chart points (BDS may be a lil' lower). Spears' airplay is around 28m (oddly, the BDS amount has been a tad higher in some weeks). So, that's 2,800 points. A diff. of 80m- or, 8,000 chart points. With the sales divider being 10, Spears would need to sell around 80,000 more than Soulja.

I'm sure her stream totals are strong, but they don't add much to the chart points- though if it's really close, I guess they could make a difference.

Her record label is expecting 150,000 the first week.

Really?But i recall reading somewhere that as of friday the single had already sold 142.000 downloads...

Took this from the BS thread:

"Gimme more" will be the number one so far. In four days, the song has sold more than 140.000 downloads, 40% more than Soulja Boy.

Top 5 @ 28/09/2007 - 16:33:

1. Gimme More - Britney Spears (142.396)

2. Crank That - Soulja Boy Tell 'Em (102.005)

3. Stronger - Kanye West (89.559)

4. 1234 - Feist (83.336)

5. How Far We've Come - Matchbox Twenty (82.953)"

Source: Downline Org. / revista billboard COMU

I don't know how accurate this is...

Guest Beautiful Stranger

Noooo, it wouldn't need to sell that much, BS.

Oops. Sorry.

I thought airplay was weighted more heavily.

Guest amit1234

SHE DID IT AGAIN: The girl can’t help it. The new Britney Spears single, “Gimme More,” landed at iTunes on Tuesday and is already #1. Jive is projecting the track will sell 150k in its first week. It’s Top 20 pop, still growing and pulling big phones. The album is slated for release Nov. 13. (9/28p)

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi