THE BEAT GOES ON in US Radio

mtzlplk

It's not a single so why should it be getting airplay?

I am not a radio expert by any stretch of the imagination; however, I am aware that (almost) any song can obtain radio airplay even if it is not designated an official single (with exceptions, of course).

Madonna songs - that I am aware of - that recieved U.S. radio airplay, albeit limited, and possibly only certain areas of the country (w/o being designated an official U.S. single release, per se):

Where's The Party (1986/87)

Spotlight (1987) [peaked at #32 on US Billboard Hot 100 Airplay chart]

Don't Stop (1995)

Beautiful Stranger (1999) [peaked at #19 on US BB Hot 100 chart]

American Pie (2000) [peaked at #29 on US BB Hot 100 chart]

Time Stood Still (2000)

Amazing (2001)

Impressive Instant (2001)

-----

Now, TBGO is sort of a special circumstance, because the album that (it is possibly being culled from) has yet to be released. I'm fairly certain that the tracks I mentioned above recieved airplay well after the release of their respective albums.

Another GREAT example: No Doubt's "Don't Speak" was never "officially" released as a single. Therefore, it never appeared on BB's Hot 100 Singles chart.

Since 1998 (?) Billboard has allowed non-single tracks to chart based on airplay only -- that's how "Stranger" and "Pie" landed in the Hot 100.

I'm also thinking back to '60's - 80's Album Oriented Rock. Many, many songs that were popular and recieved airplay (both back then and to this day) were not necessary deemed singles by their respective record company. The songs that are recognisable are just that because they were popular tracks.

^ same holds true for Triple A (Adult Album Alternative Radio), among other formats.

Does this make sense...Any "radio experts" out there care to back me up on this, or possibly explain in more detail?

I liked Revenge but I think it was due to all the excitement over getting little snippits of it at a time

Madonnas Ashram was the website wasn't it

I remember the drama over those mp3's. Madonnas Ashram was teasing everyone with short 20 second clips. A few days after that crap, Madonna Power leaked the full songs.

I remember the drama over those mp3's. Madonnas Ashram was teasing everyone with short 20 second clips. A few days after that crap, Madonna Power leaked the full songs.

aaaaaaaaaaah yes.. I knew it was something like that

I am not a radio expert by any stretch of the imagination; however, I am aware that (almost) any song can obtain radio airplay even if it is not designated an official single (with exceptions, of course).

Madonna songs - that I am aware of - that recieved U.S. radio airplay, albeit limited, and possibly only certain areas of the country (w/o being designated an official U.S. single release, per se):

Where's The Party (1986/87)

Spotlight (1987) [peaked at #32 on US Billboard Hot 100 Airplay chart]

Don't Stop (1995)

Beautiful Stranger (1999) [peaked at #19 on US BB Hot 100 chart]

American Pie (2000) [peaked at #29 on US BB Hot 100 chart]

Time Stood Still (2000)

Amazing (2001)

Impressive Instant (2001)

-----

Now, TBGO is sort of a special circumstance, because the album that (it is possibly being culled from) has yet to be released. I'm fairly certain that the tracks I mentioned above recieved airplay well after the release of their respective albums.

Another GREAT example: No Doubt's "Don't Speak" was never "officially" released as a single. Therefore, it never appeared on BB's Hot 100 Singles chart.

Since 1998 (?) Billboard has allowed non-single tracks to chart based on airplay only -- that's how "Stranger" and "Pie" landed in the Hot 100.

I'm also thinking back to '60's - 80's Album Oriented Rock. Many, many songs that were popular and recieved airplay (both back then and to this day) were not necessary deemed singles by their respective record company. The songs that are recognisable are just that because they were popular tracks.

^ same holds true for Triple A (Adult Album Alternative Radio), among other formats.

Does this make sense...Any "radio experts" out there care to back me up on this, or possibly explain in more detail?

BS and AP were official singles by Madonna, yes there was no commercial single, but when the posters above mention single, they are not speaking of commercial, they are speaking of released to radio as the official single. Same thing with No Doubt, it was their official single, but there was no commercial single.

BS and AP were official singles by Madonna, yes there was no commercial single, but when the posters above mention single, they are not speaking of commercial, they are speaking of released to radio as the official single. Same thing with No Doubt, it was their official single, but there was no commercial single.

you are correct, moboy...when I speak of "official single", in this context, I ought to clarify by designating either "official, commercially-available single", or "official released-to-radio" single. Or, in certain cases, "promo-only" and/or "club-only" release (i.e. Impressive Instant)

Thanks for clarifying :thumbsup:

Then why we are following its "performance"? Hypocrats. LOL

FLOP IS A FLOP. BIG FAT FLOP! Just like Brittanys new single.

I am reading this silly thread with your stupid comments. I am not following it's performance because it's not a song that is released to perform.

Actually if you were able to read and spell, Britney's song is doing well...and that's Britney with one T and an E vs. an A and you want to give that an ' before the S. That is proper English. Britney's song has over 16 million at Pop stations and has only been out a little over a week. Get a life loser.

Guest Beautiful Stranger

This thread was started because some idiots on this board obsess over charts to a disgusting degree.

A song that is only a DEMO and that wasn't even promoted to radio as it wasn't even ever meant to be heard can't not be called a flop when it only gets like 10 spins. The fact that ANY station even played it is a wonder.

Guest Eternal Flame

This thread was started because some idiots on this board obsess over charts to a disgusting degree.

A song that is only a DEMO and that wasn't even promoted to radio as it wasn't even ever meant to be heard can't not be called a flop when it only gets like 10 spins. The fact that ANY station even played it is a wonder.

It would be like calling Super Pop a commercial flop.

Guest rocketman

The beat Goes On getting airplay, in ohio.

WNCI is debuting "The Beat Goes On" by MADONNA ft Pharrel NOW!!!!

After air play:

Date: Sep 12, 2007 8:33 PM

They just played it!!! It was amazing! I did not cheat and it was the 1st time I heard it. The DJ said nothing but good things about it.

He said

"Get used to hearin that one because it's gonna be huge"

spoken like a true lamb. Shouldn't you be coming up with one hundred ways as to how Mariah Carey can steal her 50th number one? :doh:

Go away.