Riverwide Confesses! Tour review!

Riverwide

I totally agree. I think the show is pretty amazing. I think she is without a doubt the greatest entertainer on the face of the earth. I adored the show.

I just didn't think this tour was as good as some others. That's all!

Guest jamesshot
No one is disagreeing with that or saying she's in anything less than stunning form. But, the truth is, she IS older than she was before and, no matter what shape you're in, that's always going to affect your energy.

I disagree. It has nothing to do with her age. Again, she does things someone half her age cant do. She is in better shape than 99% of people half her age. Her lack of dancing has everything to do with preserving her vocal ability. The more anyone dances whether you are 20 or 47 and in great shape, the less your vocals are gonna be. She doesnt want to be outta breathe the whole time. Besides, dancing for 2 hours every night while singing would exhaust anyone. She is smart to limit her dancing. She isnt a machine.

Guest jamesshot

I would rather less miming and less dancing and having more actual singing. However, I think her voice is in such good shape she *could* dance more and be OK. But with her injuries from the horse accident, I understand her being cautious.

I disagree. It has nothing to do with her age. Again, she does things someone half her age cant do. She is in better shape than 99% of people half her age. Her lack of dancing has everything to do with preserving her vocal ability. The more anyone dances whether you are 20 or 47 and in great shape, the less your vocals are gonna be. She doesnt want to be outta breathe the whole time. Besides, dancing for 2 hours every night while singing would exhaust anyone. She is smart to limit her dancing. She isnt a machine.

You're right, she isn't a machine - she's human. Therefore, getting older means less energy. It's not a slight on Madonna at all. It's just how the body works.

And, again, I'm not saying and have never said that she can't do things that people half her age can. I am very well aware that she's in tremedous shape, but she 's nearly 50 now and there reaches a point in everyone's life where they start to slow down - whether they person wants to or not.

Guest jamesshot

You're right, I just dont think Madonna is there yet. Yes eventually it will be age catching up with her. I just dont think that is the reason behind her lack of dancing on CT. I think she has as much energy as any 15, 20 or 30 year old I know. Who really has ever moved as much as her and still actually sang like her? 47 really isnt that old anymore. And with her kind of shape she is in, I dont think her age is giving her a problem at all....yet.

Guest avidparty
...the show is pretty amazing. I think she is without a doubt the greatest entertainer on the face of the earth. I adored the show.

agree

I just didn't think this tour was as good as some others. That's all!

agree

I did however, liked the Jump performance.

But for me, the concert didn't live up to "turn the world into one big dance floor"

You're right, I just dont think Madonna is there yet. Yes eventually it will be age catching up with her. I just dont think that is the reason behind her lack of dancing on CT. I think she has as much energy as any 15, 20 or 30 year old I know. Who really has ever moved as much as her and still actually sang like her? 47 really isnt that old anymore. And with her kind of shape she is in, I dont think her age is giving her a problem at all....yet.

I shall bow to your superior knowledge, my darling James, as you have seen the show in person and I have only internet clips to rely on. :asian:

However, tomorrow I WILL have had the live experience and ... :boxing:

;)

But for me, the concert didn't live up to "turn the world into one big dance floor"

And nor did the album live up to the one big dance floor monster pre-release hype.

But that's what happens when you're nearly 50, I guess.

Isn't that right, James? :kiss2:

Guest jamesshot

Watch it Jimmy Mack! Madonna can kick, stretch and kick with the best of em( Old Saturday Night Live skit for those not in the loop).

Watch it Jimmy Mack! Madonna can kick, stretch and kick with the best of em( Old Saturday Night Live skit for those not in the loop).

Madonna is SO Sally 'O Mally it's not even funny. Not looks wise, just the whole attitude. When I saw the Hung Up video, Sally was the first person who came to mind. I love Sally and I love Molly Shannon.

I totally agree. The whole lack of a proper encore thing in her shows *kills* me. Even DWT had a little gap between the rest of the show and the last two songs. I'm all for doing things differently, but the no encore idea is just BAD.

I so the first concert of DWT in Barcelona, and there wasn´t any gaps between the last songs. Madonna doesn´t give encores, that´s it

Guest Deacon
I so the first concert of DWT in Barcelona, and there wasn´t any gaps between the last songs. Madonna doesn´t give encores, that´s it

Actually you're wrong. She changed the ending during the tour so that there was an extended gap between Holiday and Music. This was certainly the case when she played the UK and the US. Go and watch your DWT DVD.

Jump: 7/10

I fail to see what the big deal about this performance is. Some bits of scaffolding come down from the ceiling and some guys do some not-hugely-impressive jumping and swinging off of them, as Madge wanders around looking a bit lost. It's fine, but why exactly is this seen as a thrilling performance? Can anyone tell me? It all seems like something that was a great idea on paper that doesn't really come off in the execution.

Shocking. Absolutely shocking. :manson::manson::manson:

I will pay good money to see you swing round some scaffolding. I would pay even more money to see scaffolding swing around the back of your head. Repeatedly.

Shocking. Absolutely shocking. :manson::manson::manson:

I will pay good money to see you swing round some scaffolding. I would pay even more money to see scaffolding swing around the back of your head. Repeatedly.

You say the NICEST things! :inlove:

It's not very often I am lost for words but this is an exception.

To say "some guys do some not-hugely-impressive jumping and swinging off of them" is, to me, unbelievable.

You really are a very strange little oirish man.

Guest Deacon

Out of interest where were you in the Arena Riv cos I was next to the catwalk and had the Jump dancers swinging over my head Tarzan style. I was impressed!

I think Riv would only have been impressed by this performance if the dancers had swung around the scaffolding using only their arse cheeks and foreskins.

Then when they swumg round Madonna, she in turn would use her finally toned labia to hang on to a parallel bar, and use her vaginal secretions to glide easily backwards and forwards, leaving a small snail trail for the others to follow in her path.

And only when Cloud or the two French dudes had fellated each other in full view of the entire audience and ejaculated on the first two rows, would Riv be happy, and say Sorry.

Guest Deacon
I think Riv would only have been impressed by this performance if the dancers had swung around the scaffolding using only their arse cheeks and foreskins.

Then when they swumg round Madonna, she in turn would use her finally toned labia to hang on to a parallel bar, and use her vaginal secretions to glide easily backwards and forwards, leaving a small snail trail for the others to follow in her path.

And only when Cloud or the two French dudes had fellated each other in full view of the entire audience and ejaculated on the first two rows, would Riv be happy, and say Sorry.

:shock::lmao:

A bit of flying jizz might have been appropriate too. It's the least they could have done!

I just find it amazing that he can be impressed by Madonna lolloping her old arse on a big shiny cross without much skill involved, but when these dancers who move the like jackrabbits on E around the stage with more speed than roadrunner, he's not fussed.

RIverwide is wierd.

Guest Deacon
I just find it amazing that he can be impressed by Madonna lolloping her old arse on a big shiny cross without much skill involved, but when these dancers who move the like jackrabbits on E around the stage with more speed than roadrunner, he's not fussed.

RIverwide is wierd.

That's why we love 'im though. He always does the opposite to what you expect!

Actually you're wrong. She changed the ending during the tour so that there was an extended gap between Holiday and Music. This was certainly the case when she played the UK and the US. Go and watch your DWT DVD.

the original show didn´t have a gap at the end. Then she change it, I guess she did it because everybody was waiting for the gap and the encores, that was one of the complains about the show. And the show on the DVD and the one I saw are slightly different: I don´t remember exactly, but Don´t cry for me was used in a different way too

RIverwide is wierd.

This from the guy whose highlight of the entire show was "Lucky Star".

:megamanson:

Guest Deacon
By the way, if I wasn't impressed by "Jump", then I wasn't impressed by "Jump", ok? It's my opinion. End of story.

If you don't like it, you know what you can do. And I hope it hurts.

:blink:

I kinda think we were just pulling your leg.

:blink:

I kinda think we were just pulling your leg.

Perhaps YOU were indulging in a bit of leg-pulling, but I know what Johnnox is like. He won't be happy 'til I'm wanking furiously over video clips of "Jump" and proclaiming it the finest performance of Madonna's career.