Riverwide Confesses! Tour review!

Riverwide

Personally I'm happy there was less emphasis on the screens this time - that, in fact, was one of my major gripes with the Reinvention Tour. It's fine and dandy that you have amazing screens but ultimately it's about what happens onstage and if you get caught up with that, well.. perhaps you should be watching DVD's instead of going to a show.

Confessions Tour placed far more importance to what was going on on-stage and that's why it was a much more superior show.

Confessions Tour placed far more importance to what was going on on-stage and that's why it was a much more superior show.

Hmm...curious. Overall, I personally felt that there was a good deal more going on on the RIT stage than on the Confessions stage, regardless of the screens.

Hmm...curious. Overall, I personally felt that there was a good deal more going on on the RIT stage than on the Confessions stage, regardless of the screens.

Au contraire! Confessions was such a multi-faceted event overall, it really was overwhelming at times - disco-ball, crucifix, scaffoldings, cage, abstract mechanical 'horse', etc. Overall the entire premise was far more elaborate than RIT, and the stage design itself was far more creative. And most of the time those stage props worked quite well with what was happening on-stage in terms of Madonna and the dancers.

Ultimately that's far more important to me than shooting a new video for a screen or some special effects or whatever.

Guest Little Red

ok, I haven't written anything about the show so far and don't really feel like it. Let me just say that my favorite performance seems to be the one that is not popular among the fans:

Paradise. :rosey:

It was the only one that really grabbed me and the only reworking that I really loved. Ok, Music was redone in a fantastic way too but those were the only two "reinventions" I really really liked.

Find the whole white unitard section boring, LIB atrocious.

"Never mind the bollocks" & "Bedouin" sections are probably overall my favorites. (props to Isaac and ILNY).

Guest boytoyville

the only things i thi8nk was lacking in the confessions tour was the lack of full dance routines. There was a lot more dancing on this tour but they weren't heavly choreographed routines apart from FUture Lovers. Nothing was as heavely choreographed as Vouge and Knowbody Knows me... Guess I was hoping for more all out rountines a la BAT for example.

Guest boytoyville

I woudl like to add that overall though I feel like the tours were very different. If I had to pick which one I thought was "better" it would be a close call but I would have to go with Confessions.

Guest srkisrle

i havent seen the show YET, BUT i do agree with riverwide that the dancing is better in the CT (from what ive seen) but thats only logical right? i mean.. its a dance tour actually with dance songs... if it wouldent have choreography that rocked in it the show would be pretty lame..

the RIT was ofcourse AMAZING but i dont think anyone complained about the dancing because it wouldent fit.. in the whole atmosphere of the show..

or am i talking crap:P

Guest srkisrle

do you mean considering the atmosphere and the whole show and the music? or just generally? cause the music was much different to dance on..